Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: tow hook license plate mount

My Cars
    240sx, JCW MINI, Disco

tow hook license plate mount

Do these exist for our cars? I need a WA front plate, but have no holes in my bumper for them.

Or am I going to have to mangle my tow hook to fabricate one?
    Quote Originally Posted by thedaddy View Post
    thedaddy ties Obama to Ozzie Osbourne...........nails triple word score.

My Cars
    '11 Fiesta, '90 Bronco
    I'm pretty sure someone made a thread about one before...

3.73 | TCK S/A w/ H&R Sport | M50 manifold | IE Subframe Bushings, RSM, & SS brake lines | Shark Injector | UUC Evo3 SSK & DSSR | Cosmos Strut Brace | ASC, Resonator, CDV Delete

My Cars
    No more BMWs :(
    Gominigo but be aware it is $55 for about $10 worth of Home Depot hardware.
    997 Carrera 2S..the choice of 2 out of 3 Top Gear presenters.

My Cars
    '11 Fiesta, '90 Bronco
    and no offense, it looks pretty bad because it sticks out and hovers in front of your bumper

3.73 | TCK S/A w/ H&R Sport | M50 manifold | IE Subframe Bushings, RSM, & SS brake lines | Shark Injector | UUC Evo3 SSK & DSSR | Cosmos Strut Brace | ASC, Resonator, CDV Delete

My Cars
    2002 Smurf Hearse
    Couldn't you just take your tow hook to a hardware store and figure out what size bolt you need and make something, for $10 or so like Island said?
    jeremy [AT] coupecartel [DOT] com

1 of 1 | 2002 Laguna Seca Blue/Black M Coupe | LK61201
    "I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.."

My Cars
    '11 Fiesta, '90 Bronco
    starreavers post in another thread

My Cars
    240sx, JCW MINI, Disco
    I have nowhere to get a piece of sheet metal cut

$55 isn't too bad, and it's not a bad looking piece of kit.

to any future searchers, the link is here

http://www.gominigo.com/NHLPB-BMW.html
    Last edited by MatteBlackCoupeDude; 06-03-2009 at 10:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by thedaddy View Post
    thedaddy ties Obama to Ozzie Osbourne...........nails triple word score.

My Cars
    well the import crowd likes it, they keep asking me where I got it when its installed. Apparently offset plates are very "JDM". I had to buy one, I am missing the OE mount for the Z3 and my M5 was never drilled at all. Hawaii requires an annual inspection and the front plate needs to be mounted, so I use this for convenience.

The state inspectors take a dim view when you show up with your plate stuck on your car with double sided tape.

My Cars
    '11 Fiesta, '90 Bronco
    island your bumper doesn't have the holes?

My Cars
    Z3 has painted plugs, M5 is the virgin.

My Cars
    '11 Fiesta, '90 Bronco
    I was going to say I have a plate mount for the front if you want it

My Cars
    Thanks, but I'm good without. The plastic mount leaves abrasion marks in the paint.

My Cars
    '11 Fiesta, '90 Bronco
    Quote Originally Posted by IslandS62 View Post
    Thanks, but I'm good without. The plastic mount leaves abrasion marks in the paint.
    yes it does, PO used it. If I ever had to use it I'd put a little rubber on the back or something

My Cars
    S52 M Roadster, WRX,
    I still want to do this...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2s1Wrz2MZKk[/ame]

I got a ticket on Monday for not having a front plate.
    -Jason

Weekend Car

'99 Boston Green M Roadster - intake, M50 manifold, schrick cams, magnaflow exhaust, TCK D/A Coilovers 500/600, RD front bar, ltw flywheel & clutch, harddog rollbar, schroth harnesses, zionsville radiator, S54 oil cooler, stewart pump, etc ..... ~245rwhp

My Cars
    I have seen LCD "shutters" too, but I can only find them for bikes, not cars.

My Cars
    S54 M-Coupe (Estoril Blu
    you can also purchase them from Jo @ Eurodyne.

*** Copied from Eurodyne's Site ***

The 'NO HOLES' License Plate Bracket

This highly adjustable (6 positions) mounting system is available for all MINI years, several BMW models, Porsche and Mercedes! New makes are being investigated. Investigation into Smart and VW continues.

This 'NO HOLES" License Plate Bracket (LPB) does not require you to drill into your front bumper. Instead, it utilizes a custom machined stud that screws into the towhook receptacle. All parts are made from Stainless Steel to ensure no rust. The mounting hardware utilizes nylock nuts or lock washers which will not loosen from vibration. The plate attachment screws are button head socket cap screws for a nice clean look.

To give your car that finished look, we recommend that a nice license plate frame be used with the 'NO HOLES' License Plate Bracket. These are available now at Euro Dyne!!!

Available Lengths:

30-38mm

M5, E39, 535Xi
    $55

48-56mm

E36 M3, Z3, E90, E91, E92, E93, E82, E83
    $55

62-70mm

E90 M3, E92 M3
    $65

72-80mm

E60 535xi
    $65

82-90mm

E46 M3, E60
    $65

100-108mm

Z4
    $65

And for the first 10 to be sold, Euro Dyne is offering free shipping!!! (US Mainland only) =)
    So get on this deal before the tenth guy beats you to it!

Please send payment to payments@euro-dyne.com via paypal. Please state your screen name, your car's year and model, and the code GMGNHLPBK in the notes section. Don't have paypal? Give us a call at 909-869-8007 9:30am-5:30pm PST Monday to Friday to place your Credit Card order!

Now if you are the 11th man onwards, please don't hesitate to PM me at Jo@EuroDyne, email at sales@euro-dyne.com, or call us at 909-869-8007 and let us know your shipping address so that we can calculate the best shipping for you![/B]

* Shipping Quotes: Please PM me for the cheapest possible way to get one of these items shipped to your door! Hawaii, Alaska, Puerto Rico, Canada, and International quotes are welcomed. If you want to send me your own shipping label, go ahead schedule that pick up. Free local pick up available.*

* California Residents: 7.50% CA Sales Tax is applicable. *
    Maddog

My Cars
    99 z3 2.3, 85 500SEC
    Quote Originally Posted by JBgotM View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2s1Wrz2MZKk

thats pretty cool, luckily in florida we dont need front plates, even though i have the bracket, i dont have it in me do take it off becuase then i would need to get my bumper filled in and whatnot.

then again wtf, i did spend $50 on the shiney bmw plate
    Jonathan Green

Z3speed4me is offline Coupe Cartel Forever! BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    MCoupe, Q3, Tiguan
    I have the one from gominigo... scott told me about it and I love it... for about the price of a no front plate ticket (which ive received about 5) it was totally worth it

~Ken~ '99 M coupe THE "original" TT Stage 3 - HTA3586R; 701 whp 672 wtq @ 26.5 psi ; NeverSell - CoupeCartel

My Cars
    E36/8, K12R, E91
    Quote Originally Posted by JBgotM View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2s1Wrz2MZKk

I wish there was room for the motorized version. I have the plate mount on my Wagon and it's held up well.

I have another one in a box in my garage for the coupe. I got the first 'no front plate' ticket in 6 years last weekend. Cop was a complete douche about it.
    2002 Alpine White w/ Black 368 (<OO \(||][||)/ OO>)
    Power: Custom Exhaust w/ High Flow cats, CSL headers, built, low-compression Supercharged and aftercooled S-54, ViPEC standalone ECU, Vortech V2 Si trim
    Driveline: Euro 6 speed, 3.64 diff w/ 40% Lockup, Rogue Octane SSK, UUC Red TME kit, UUC Stage 3 LTW Flywheel/M5 Clutch, SS Shift Knob
    Suspension & Brakes: TC Kline True Match Coilovers 500f/500r w/ adjustable camber plates, Racing Dynamics sways, Custom front sway endlinks, ATE fluid, UUC/Willwood BBK 6 piston f - 4 piston r , Slotted E46M3 Rotors, Stainless Lines, Strong Strut, IE Subframe & adjustable rear trailing arm bushings
    ICE & Misc: Projector Z's w/DDE & 5k HID, 19'' Gold HRE C20's, Custom Aux pwr outlet, footwell lighting, ACS Splitters, Areo Sideskirts, Custom gauge pods, Z8 Start, Pioneer AVIC Z3, Clarus Components, 10" RE Sub in a Mister-X Enclosure, Alpine PDX 4X150 + 1X600 Amps
    Coming soon: and a visit to Randy Forbes

My Cars
    MCoupe, Q3, Tiguan
    Quote Originally Posted by clintjg View Post
    Cop was a complete douche about it.
    aren't they always, i mean cmon if they are pulling you over about a no front plate, they aren't a cool cop

on that note, i have never seen something like a vette or mustang or some type of american car pulled over in my entire life that has been missing a front plate, seems very suspect to me

~Ken~ '99 M coupe THE "original" TT Stage 3 - HTA3586R; 701 whp 672 wtq @ 26.5 psi ; NeverSell - CoupeCartel

My Cars
    '99 M Coupe
    i get pulled over quite often cause i run a euro tag with my CORRECT tag number on it. they wither give me a ticket or they dont. most let me slide cause i have the right info on the tag.
    vanity plates with euro tags on a M Coupe... most think its imported from the Fatherland anyway and im not going to argue with the cop.
    Lord,
    Grant me the serenity to accept the fact that I can't kill them all, grant me the courage to kill most of them and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those who refuse to get the HELL out of my way!!

owner of 99 M Coupe (the toy), 99 Ford Expo (the hauler) oh and driver of the wife's 05 325ci (the mid-life crisis car... her's not mine)

My Cars
    S52 M Roadster, WRX,
    Quote Originally Posted by clintjg View Post
    I wish there was room for the motorized version. I have the plate mount on my Wagon and it's held up well.

I have another one in a box in my garage for the coupe. I got the first 'no front plate' ticket in 6 years last weekend. Cop was a complete douche about it.
    Where did you look to mount it on your coupe? Whats the fitment issue with the motorized version?

I was about to pull the trigger on the motorized version the other day.
    -Jason

Weekend Car

'99 Boston Green M Roadster - intake, M50 manifold, schrick cams, magnaflow exhaust, TCK D/A Coilovers 500/600, RD front bar, ltw flywheel & clutch, harddog rollbar, schroth harnesses, zionsville radiator, S54 oil cooler, stewart pump, etc ..... ~245rwhp

My Cars
    Here is one is the classified today. Its for an E39, but its all the same, just the length differs a bit. I use mine on both.

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1245912

My Cars
    with cheeseeeeeeee
    Jdm yoooooo!
    google-black.blogspot.com kenvsryu.tumblr.comsonyalphanex.blogspot.com

Spence:You ever kill anyone? Sam:No, but I did hurt somebody's feelings once.
    join the Bimmerforums Chat: http://youtube.com/stream?s=235077632

My Cars
    MCoupe, Q3, Tiguan
    I dont think it matters if you car is from europe or japan or australia for that matter, if its a state law that you need a front plate, they can give you one... unfortunately that argument will never hold up if you actually tried to pursue that argument and fight it

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast