Thread: cylinder misfire fuel cut off

My Cars
    95 M3, nasa spec3 #77

cylinder misfire fuel cut off

i'm having trouble with my 01 525i. i just finished replacing the head gasket after. i started it up toninght and i knew right away it wasnt running right. i pulled codes p1353 and p1343 cylinder 1 and 6 misfire fuel cut off. i cant find any info on that code. does it mean its misfireing so the computer cut fuel to the cylanders? any ideas why this might be happening? oh and i almost for got to mentin its got bran new spark plugs and i also switched the coil packs around to make sure that wasnt the issue.

My Cars
    02-530 stick Blown
    Quote Originally Posted by autocross97 View Post
    i'm having trouble with my 01 525i. i just finished replacing the head gasket after. i started it up toninght and i knew right away it wasnt running right. i pulled codes p1353 and p1343 cylinder 1 and 6 misfire fuel cut off. i cant find any info on that code. does it mean its misfireing so the computer cut fuel to the cylanders? any ideas why this might be happening? oh and i almost for got to mentin its got bran new spark plugs and i also switched the coil packs around to make sure that wasnt the issue.
    Check all the injectors connectors, make sure they are all conected properly, especially 1, and 6.
    If that don't work then you may have injectors clogged, swapped with others and see if problem moves.
    Throw in some Techron or Redline injector cleaner in the gas tank, and go for some hard rides.

My Cars
    95 M3, nasa spec3 #77
    so does the code mean that the cylinder is not getting fuel and thus misfiring?

My Cars
    '03 530I / '14 M6 GC
    The code can also be a bad coil. I had it on my '03 530I. Switch the coils to 2 and 5 and see if the problem moves. If it does, you have bad coils. With mine, the insulator on the tip of the coil had flashed through. If not, then you might have a couple of bad or dirty injectors. You can try the same approach with them.
    Since you got the code after replacing the head gasket, make sure the coil grounds are propperly hook back up.

Good luck
    Chet
    '03 530 I Sport / '14 M6 Grand Coupe
    Black / Black
    The drive is the destination

My Cars
    98 540iA (Prd 11/97)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arucano View Post
    make sure the coil grounds are propperly hook back up.

Good luck
    I would check the coil grounds first.

My Cars
    95 M3, nasa spec3 #77
    ok i've switched the coils around and no change. where are the ground straps supposed to be? i've got on before cylinder #1 and the second between #4 and #5, then there is also the brown ground wire from the harness between cylinders #3 and #4. does that sound right? today i switched the fuel injectors in the #1 and #2 cylaners and it had no affect, the code didnt move around or go away.

My Cars
    '03 530I / '14 M6 GC
    The ground connections sound about right. I do not remember exactly where they located. (has been a while since I was in there).
    Chet
    '03 530 I Sport / '14 M6 Grand Coupe
    Black / Black
    The drive is the destination

My Cars
    95 M3, nasa spec3 #77
    any more ideas i can try?

My Cars
    2002 525i
    Yeah I recently had this issue. Turned out it was bad coils in my case. I got some cheap coils off ebay (so far so good) .

My Cars
    95 M3, nasa spec3 #77
    yes but its is only the two cylinders and when i switched the coils with coils from other cylinders the code staid with the cylinders. if the coil packs were bad the code would have staid with the coil pack and not the same cylinder.

My Cars
    323i 944
    Did you ever find your problem?? I have the same issue.

My Cars
    540iT, 750iL, Cooper S
    Did you look at the plug in those cylinders? How poorly does it run. I had the issue on a 540, and it was the coil pack, but I had a new plug ready, if it was that too...
    99 540iT, Jet Black on Black. Dinan mods ( CAI, MAF, TB, Brace, Stage 4 engine and tranny software ). 00 750iL, Jet Black on Black. MPars, Sport Steering wheel, alpina replica lip. 05 Mini S, Dinan CAI, Strut brace, UUC exhaust.

My Cars
    '03 M-Sport 540iA
    FYI, my misfires with fuel cutoff were a result of a very small tear in the CCV diaphragm. After replacement, the misfires were replaced by lean bank DTC's, which were eliminated by replacing the MAF. Just my 2 cents...GL

'00 540iA Sport w/235k+ Original TCG's, Vanos and transmission.​*Trans failure at 244k+...FS Now

My Cars
    323i 944
    I installed new plugs and moved coils and the misfires stay with 3 and 6. I have checked for vacuum leaks but not found any.

My Cars
    97 528i+03 540i m-sport
    Currently having same issues. Except so far all I got to was cylinder 1 misfire fuel cut. Spark plug or coil most likely. Went to autozone for scan. Said cylinder 1 misfire. Driving home it did something else and the CEL was flashing instead of steady on. Turned around took it back. Now the fuel is cut too. Taking it to be fixed Monday as I have a warranty. 03 540i m sport.
    -Xteve