Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Euro Dyne E39 CCFL Tail Lights Results

My Cars
    2000 528i 5 speed

Euro Dyne E39 CCFL Tail Lights Results

Well here is the result from Eurodyne ccfl lights and all I can say is that they look great thanks Jo

My Cars
    00' 528i, 11' Legacy

Wink

no drinkin and modding...

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

- 2000 528i Sport
    -
    Got any questions about my car? Feel free to PM me!

ganesht is offline (oOO)\(lll)°(lll)/(OOo) BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    98 528i 5 speed
    night shots please?
    Alida:
    Born: Friday, 9th January 1998
    Arktissilber Metallic on Schwarz 528i/5

Claudia:
    Born: Friday, 2nd May 2003
    Sterlinggrau Metallic on Schwarz 540i/6

My Cars
    1998 BMW 540i
    Looks good.

My Cars
    One of a kind
    OEM <01 looks better IMO.

My Cars
    '94 325iC/5
    krazy.. Looks good, now get some silvervision bulbs to get rid of the "egg yolk" look in the turn signals.

I see you're in Rego Park, I used to live off of Booth Street!!

My Cars
    2000 528i 5 speed
    Quote Originally Posted by PavelK313 View Post
    OEM <01 looks better IMO.
    I know but for the price you can't go wrong

Quote Originally Posted by ganesht View Post
    night shots please?
    Yea when I find my camera I'll take some good shots. Right now I'm just using my G1 phone

Quote Originally Posted by BMRSEB View Post
    krazy.. Looks good, now get some silvervision bulbs to get rid of the "egg yolk" look in the turn signals.

I see you're in Rego Park, I used to live off of Booth Street!!

I'm on to that today If my babymother lets me breathe today since it's motherday I might not have time to do it today
    Last edited by krazyange; 05-10-2009 at 10:30 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    '02 540i
    can you please advise whether all 3 horizontal bars are lighting up? This is important as when the top and the bottom bar are lite, the center bar can look like it is lite, but it is not. First, my left side middle bar was out and now the middle bar is out on both sides. I need to know whether my results are not typical, so if you would verify (or anyone else that bought Jo's lights) that all three horizontal bars are lite, I would really appreciate it. They look great IMO, but they are most definitely a product of what we have come to expect from Taiwan. They are what they are. Affordable, look great, but when you hold one in your hand no question you are not holding the "daddy" of the look they are trying to emulate.

My Cars
    98 540iA (Prd 11/97)
    Nice install, but I can't get past the back up light section not being slanted like the OEMs.

I prefer the DEPO clear tails (FYI:non-CCFL) for that very reason.
    Last edited by jamesdc4; 05-10-2009 at 04:46 PM.

My Cars
    2003 Cobra 1998 540i
    Man....there are a lot of haters on this forum, looks good man. Much cleaner look.

My Cars
    '02 540i
    Quote Originally Posted by arodarod View Post
    Man....there are a lot of haters on this forum, looks good man. Much cleaner look.
    Opinionated..maybe. Haters is a mighty stretch dude.

My Cars
    One of a kind
    I guess you can call me hater, but thats only because I can's stand cheap replica parts. Replicas make car look cheap!!!

My Cars
    2003 Cobra 1998 540i
    Quote Originally Posted by PavelK313 View Post
    I guess you can call me hater, but thats only because I can's stand cheap replica parts. Replicas make car look cheap!!!

Said the guy with the riced out bimmer.

My Cars
    E46 M3 | E39 540
    They look good. I have the eurodyne tails, but the LED ones, and they seem to work fine as well. They look good, not quite as good as OEM but they also don't cost nearly as much and are easier to install.
    Last edited by taylorwilsdon; 05-10-2009 at 07:53 PM.
    E46 M3 | Steel Gray/Imola Red | 19" BBS RS-GT
    E39 540i | Jet Black/Black | 17" Style 42

My Cars
    '02 540i
    Quote Originally Posted by m5hoot View Post
    Opinionated..maybe. Haters is a mighty stretch dude.
    Come on fellas, do make me eat my words! Room for everybody and everybody's opinions. That's what we are here for- to share opinions. Arodarod, 19 posts? Give it some time before you alienate a bunch of people. No haters, just people presenting both sides. I said I love the look- I bought a pair as I could not afford the real thing. If someone has a nice set of Celis tails for my 2000, please PM me if the price is right. I have some Peake readers for trade! I just need to find out if mine are working correctly with the center lines not lighting??? Appears the Quality Control on these has not gotten fully developed possibly. Jo will sort it all out. They look very, very clean.

My Cars
    Bmw e39 528,And more
    Nice, I did mine last week as well. will post some pics tonight!

My Cars
    98 540iA (Prd 11/97)
    Said the guy with the riced out bimmer.
    arodarod,

With all due respect, people sharing their opinion in a respectful way is in no way hating. If you were referring to my post, starting off with, "Nice install", shows proper etiquette and respect for the work done by the OP.
    Your posts, however, reflect that you only have 19 posts under your belt.

RESPECT
    Bimmerforums.com is a place where it's okay to be yourself - be that harried, jovial, silly or sad - as long as you always act with respect for your fellow members. We promise that at Bimmerforums.com you won't have to leave your personality at the door. We promise to bring passion to our work and appreciation for our members. We will listen to your suggestions and complaints, and try to incorporate your ideas in everything we do.

AGREE TO DISAGREE, RESPECTFULLY
    We invite and encourage a healthy exchange of opinions; disagreements are okay. If you disagree with a member's post or opinion, by all means, challenge the opinion. However, any challenge must be given with a sense of respect and caring for the other person. The real objective of community is to understand each other, not to attack others and convince them that you're right. Name-calling, insults, "flaming" and attacks are not appropriate and will not be tolerated. Agree to disagree respectfully.

Edit: What m5hoot said in post #15.
    Last edited by jamesdc4; 05-10-2009 at 08:28 PM.

My Cars
    2000 528i 5 speed
    Quote Originally Posted by m5hoot View Post
    can you please advise whether all 3 horizontal bars are lighting up? This is important as when the top and the bottom bar are lite, the center bar can look like it is lite, but it is not. First, my left side middle bar was out and now the middle bar is out on both sides. I need to know whether my results are not typical, so if you would verify (or anyone else that bought Jo's lights) that all three horizontal bars are lite, I would really appreciate it. They look great IMO, but they are most definitely a product of what we have come to expect from Taiwan. They are what they are. Affordable, look great, but when you hold one in your hand no question you are not holding the "daddy" of the look they are trying to emulate.
    Yea all three bars lights up good

Quote Originally Posted by taylorwilsdon View Post
    They look good. I have the eurodyne tails, but the LED ones, and they seem to work fine as well. They look good, not quite as good as OEM but they also don't cost nearly as much and are easier to install.

Yea I agree
    Last edited by krazyange; 05-10-2009 at 08:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    '17 Durango, '10 Panny
    lights look good...but now that the slant has been pointed out...it would likely bother me, but they do look good...another for Jo and the EuroDyne folks...
    BMWCCA #389756
    e39 Touring SOLD.

My Cars
    '02 540i
    Quote Originally Posted by krazyange View Post
    Yea all three bars lights up good
    Excellent! Jo, I will email the shop. I wanna try a set that is tested and have all bars working. Will try another set.

Bill

My Cars
    98 540i6
    I want these so bad; but, the non-rhombus reverse lights are KILLING me.

My Cars
    1995 M3 Coupe
    looks good krazy .. are you doming to the Fort Lee Meet on May 16th .. btw, are you running hids with your stock headlights or are those xenon type bulbs ?

1998 540IA Arctic Silver, OEM M-Tech Bumpers, Koni FSD/Eibach Pro Kit, MKII Motorsport 18x8.5 and 18x10, M5 Style Mirrors, ACS Style Trunk and Roof Spoiler, OEM Hella Xenon Headlights 4300k blubs, Slim HID 3K Projector Fogs, Euro Hella Celis Taillights, OEM M5 Kidney Grill, 35% tint, magnaflow 18415

My Cars
    99 740i,535xi,z4 mcoupe
    Is there anyone in a cold climate running these? I was just wondering if there was any cold staring issues because i had ccfl angel eyes and in cold weather they would consistently not totally fire up along with a couple of my friends ones.

My Cars
    98 540i6
    they were JUST released; so, I don't think any real cold-weather testing has been carried out.

My Cars
    2015 BMW M235i
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesdc4 View Post
    Nice install, but I can't get past the back up light section not being slanted like the OEMs.

I prefer the DEPO clear tails (FYI:non-CCFL) for that very reason.
    +1,000,000! Can you post more pictures of the depo's? I want to upgrade my rear lights but I feel like I need to have the slanted reverse light

2015 M235i 6MT

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast