Thread: MemoScan B200 SRS/Airbag Tool

My Cars
    Focus 1.0 liter & 318ti

Thumbs up MemoScan B200 SRS/Airbag Tool

So, I just took a chance on a MemoScan B200 SRS/Airbag scan & reset tool off eBay. It was shipped from Beijing China from eBay seller "sun_mingshan". It was only $78.98 with shipping. The Peake brand scan tool is about $129.

Anyhow, I just got it after about 9 days, and tried it out. It seemed to work perfectly! I used the Peake tool many years ago, and this seemed to be nearly the same system. I came up with a code for a driver's side seat belt buckle switch.

The tool itself has an OBDII type plug at the end and also comes with an adapter to use with the round E36 connector. There also is a nylon pouch and instruction manual.

Just thought you guys would like to know a cheaper option over the Peake tool for your E36 airbag light.

--

My Cars
    '98 M3
    I was looking at these units and wondered if there was someone who has had first-hand experience with them. Thanks very much for the review!

My Cars
    96 328i sedan
    want to rent it out to me?
    '03 530I M Sport black/black five speed

My Cars
    98 M3/4, 05 Legacy GT
    I also just bought one of these from China. Mine is a B800, but it looks very similar. Includes the OBD to 20-pins cable. The manual takes great pains to say on most pages that there might be errors in the manual! Some typos, but not bad.
    Anyway, the scanner worked perfectly, returning a code for the passenger sensor mat, like I expected. Ordered a sensor mat bypass, we'll see if that clears things up.

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3 Coupe

Memoscan B800

I am having some issues reading the error codes on the B800 scanner. I have a 06/1995 e36 m3 and keep coming up with the error code (E10) when I try to read the faults from the module. Did you use any particular sequence when using the tool?

My Cars
    1995 BMW 318i
    I'm trying to buy one (B200), but can't find a webpage that ships to the US, a little help?

Thanks =-)

My Cars
    11/88 E32 750iL+98 E36M3
    these tools only work from 1994>2003, sometimes even early 1995 do not work, I tested it. Works on my US spec. 02/1998 M3, at least it found the pass side seat occupancy mat fault.
    But also the Peake tool does not work on BMWs built before 1994, they especially mention that on their website.
    Most serious sellers of the B800/B200 mention:"Models available for most BMWs built between 1994 and 2003", some unfortunately do not mention that fact.
    Shogun tricks and tips for the E32 series are HERE!

My Cars
    98 M3/4, 05 Legacy GT
    Quote Originally Posted by gabureiru View Post
    I'm trying to buy one (B200), but can't find a webpage that ships to the US, a little help?

Thanks =-)
    If I recall correctly, I just got mine off eBay, not a web store.

My Cars
    98 328IS 03 325xi
    Quote Originally Posted by gabureiru View Post

Thanks =-)
    I found this one for $77.90 in Michigan w/free shipping
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-AirBags-...e9a9bd&vxp=mtr

Gave away my BMWs, driving a VW and an Audi now.