Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: my bank account, i mean build

My Cars
    95 m3 coupe

my bank account, i mean build

figured its time for a build thread. although i dont have any before pics of the car,as they got lost on a crashed comp., an 88 stock super eta is pretty easy to picture.
    i bought the car to use as a cheap daily, well that got old fast. i swapped in an is intake manifold, throttle body and dme, lowered it, and put on some cheap 17" wheels. that lasted a good 2 weeks until i swapped the auto out for a getrag 5 speed, another month goes by and i decided i needed a dohc engine, so out came the m20 and in went a 92 non vanos 2.5.
    that kept me happy for a little while so i figured i would concentrate on making it look better. i dropped the car off at my brothers shop for some paint and body work. he pulled and rolled all 4 fenders, shaved the antenna, keylock, and windshield squirter holes. the car was then blocked and sprayed with mocha schwartz (mercedes) paint and reassembled. i always hated the factory e30 side moldings, so i had my brother make me a custom e36 m3 like set. while the car was at my brothers i had acquired quite a few more parts, kw variant 2 coilovers, all new movable suspension pieces, all poly bushings, and a set of brock b1 16x9 wheels with 215/40 tires. all together i was pretty happy with the car at this point.

over the next year i drove the car making subtle upgrades, chip, exhaust, german interior pieces, and just tightening the car up. i had a good, solid, daily drivable car, that handled great, was semi quick, and looked really good. well my friend nick went to germany and found this beautiful euro cloth plaid set of seats, so i had to have those, and in they went.
    fast forward a couple months and it gets colder, i get bored and out comes the motor. time for a 2.8 liter 84mm crank and an engine rebuild. i reinstalled the newly refreshed and stroked engine with a uuc cerametallic clutch and zf 5 speed trans from a 96 328. a little faster, i still wasnt satisfied.
    this is when the bug really got me. i bought a vortech v1 off of a buddy of mine, and accumulated all the parts necassery to supercharge my car. i fabbed all the brackets and wired the perfect power smt6 in. upon mounting the supercharger i had already decided i wanted more. never even turning the car over i yanked the charger and brackets out, and sourced all turbo goodies.
    i built my manifold using jays flange and donovans collector. installed a master power super t70 turbo, 18x12x3 fmic and a full 3" exhaust, but i never got it to run right with the piggy back. so out that came and in went a megasquirt 2v3 assemled by me. the plan was to run 10lbs, but of course that got scrapped and i installed a .140 mls and arp studs to lower the compression, and on to 18lbs i went

. well i kept inching my way higher and higher just to see where i could get. at about 22lbs the gasket finally quit, hydrolocked, snapped a rod, and it took out the entire bottom end.

which leads me here:
    cp forged pistons 85mm bore 8.5-1 comp. with coated tops
    eagle 135mm forged h beam rods
    84mm m52 crank
    mls .070 gasket a new arp 200 non undercut studs
    the head was previously refreshed and received a 4 angle valve grind
    here we are loaded up going to the machinist for bore and entire rotating assembly balance.

somewhere in here i swtched to bbs rms 15x8.5 and 15x 6.5. but now i am on 16x9 schmidt modernlines with 225/40 tires.hopefully i will have everything back from the machine shop later this week and i will update this thread accordingly.

My Cars
    1994 325iS
    Nice so far, keep us updated!

My Cars
    93 325iS
    Sickness. Glad its getting back together

My Cars
    95 M3
    Looks amazing, but coat that exhaust housing! It's stealing the show from the engine bay. Have you already posted any of this on the blowneuroz forum? Somehow it looks familar...

Rich air,
    Austin
    Active Autowerke C38 stage 2 on 95 dakar yellow M3, 30k miles
    .080 mls headgasket, ARP headstuds and obd2 valve retainers; Stewart water pump; Dunlop Z1's on staggered CSL's.

387whp, 296wtrq --- girls dig dakar

My Cars
    95 M3
    duplicate post
    Last edited by camshaft; 08-03-2009 at 11:46 PM.
    .080 mls headgasket, ARP headstuds and obd2 valve retainers; Stewart water pump; Dunlop Z1's on staggered CSL's.

My Cars
    SOLD

somewhere in here i swtched to bbs rms 15x8.5 and 15x 6.5. but now i am on 16x9 schmidt modernlines with 225/40 tires.hopefully i will have everything back from the machine shop later this week and i will update this thread accordingly.[/quote]

Car looks great. 1 question what is that thick thing that says blown euros? Is it some sort of a spacer?

My Cars
    95 M3 & 89 325i
    Car looks absolutely amazing. I agree with the above poster who stated that you need to coat the housing to keep it looking extra clean under your hood.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidsM3 View Post

Car looks great. 1 question what is that thick thing that says blown euros? Is it some sort of a spacer?
    Looks like a torque plate for boring purposes to me.
    Last edited by kimsey; 02-03-2009 at 04:22 PM.

My Cars
    95 M3
    It's an experimental 3:1 compression headgasket.

Just kidding. It's a torque plate. When honing the cylinders you bolt it to the top of the block. The block twists slightly when the head is torqued down. So the torque plate simulates the force of the head and allows you to hone the cylinders while the block is in its "twisted" state.

My Cars
    1997 Turbo M3 Coupe
    Oh crap I've been waiting for this build thread oh my God I'm adding it to the Tried and Tested right now hot dog wahoooo!
    Where have I been? Astral projecting.

Quote Originally Posted by jszy25 View Post
    Get drunk with Mike Radowski they said, it'll be fun they said...A broken toe, the worst hangover known to man, and bite marks in my arm said otherwise

My Cars
    95 m3 coupe
    exhaust housing will be coated, just not sure of the best place to go. most ive seen just bake off.

and that is jay(multiplex's) torque plate.

My Cars
    93 325iS
    Dude, have Jay/Jon coat it for you!

My Cars
    2 e30's and an e34
    Kick ass bro! Good to see your build up over here. Your cars everything mine wants to be haha. Any idea how much power you were making stock on 10 psi? Or any iteration of your build for that matter.
    -Chris

My Cars
    1989 BMW 325i, 2003
    This car is mega hot. Megaaaaa hot.

My Cars
    E36, WRX
    Super clean!! Looking great, can't wait for the results.

My Cars
    turbo m3
    Looks awesome!! i wonder how much power it was making at 22psi?? And, great to see it going back together!

Everyone what is up with just the little filter for the CCV?? Im wondering how that works.

My Cars
    1997 Turbo M3 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by mentaleeill View Post
    i bought a vortech v1 off of a buddy of mine, and accumulated all the parts necassery to supercharge my car. i fabbed all the brackets and wired the perfect power smt6 in. upon mounting the supercharger i had already decided i wanted more. never even turning the car over i yanked the charger and brackets out, and sourced all turbo goodies......
    ..... the plan was to run 10lbs, but of course that got scrapped and i installed a .140 mls and arp studs to lower the compression, and on to 18lbs i went....
    ..... ....well i kept inching my way higher and higher just to see where i could get. at about 22lbs the gasket finally quit, hydrolocked, snapped a rod, and it took out the entire bottom end.
    I had to pull the best parts out. NOW THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKIN' ABOUT! HELL YEAH! F-ING MASSIVE MAN!
    Where have I been? Astral projecting.

Quote Originally Posted by jszy25 View Post
    Get drunk with Mike Radowski they said, it'll be fun they said...A broken toe, the worst hangover known to man, and bite marks in my arm said otherwise

My Cars
    e34 for tha keeps
    whatcha running for management?

ninja edit: nevermind. MS. rarely see anyone sucessfuly install it on m50s. cool when people do though
    Last edited by XR000mb; 02-03-2009 at 09:00 PM.

My Cars
    2013 x1, 99 cherokee
    I think you bought those brocks from me...

Car looks very good man, i cant wait to get meself another e30 to tinker with.
    Luke
    03 330i

My Cars
    the bus
    Very nice post. Seems like you have the never enough bug haha.

My Cars
    95 Alpine M3, 2000 Wrangler Sport
    Sweet! A build thread

Subscribed.
    "If one truly wants something, obtaining it becomes a mere matter of time"
    BMWCCA MEMBER #341980

My Cars
    Turbo 99' M3
    Its about time you made a thread about this car!!

This car was the highlight of BMFeast for me...from the interior to the top mount to the wheels, the car is bea-utiful.

Probably my favorite E30 yet.

My Cars
    95 m3 coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by BadBoostedBmwM3 View Post
    Looks awesome!! i wonder how much power it was making at 22psi?? And, great to see it going back together!

Everyone what is up with just the little filter for the CCV?? Im wondering how that works.
    not sure on the power, i was supposed to dyno it 2 days after it blew. the filter for the ccv works great if you have a tight engine, if not it'll blow oil all over the place. when it goes back together it will be hooked up preturbo to pull vacuum with an inline catch can.

cant wait to get it all back together myself, then i need meth, and some dyno time.

oh yeah the exhaust housing is getting coated as we speak,and thanks for all the compliments.
    Last edited by mentaleeill; 02-04-2009 at 04:54 PM.

My Cars
    1994 Bmw 325i, 1995 Bmw M
    Nicely done... My car has pretty much the same history as yours, started NA, little mods for couple months, Supercharge for couple months then turbo.

Btw i had to ask, regarding the torque plate anyone have information on making one? like the dimensions (in cad) what is the minimum thickness, and material being made of.

Custom Twin Charge build... tuned by VIC@SIASTUNING 11psi 400whp 400ftlb with a slipping clutch, high boost

GTK-650 (.7 comp and .68 or .81 turbines),Eaton M62 (clutched S/C), Custom 11" Crank Pulley ,Cometic 0.14" HG, Walbro255, TEC3r, Tial 50mm BOV, Tial 44mm Wastegate, SP Alcohol injection Stg1, UUC LTWFW stg2, spec performance organic clutch, Siemens 72lb injectors, 24x12x4 FMIC, 3" intercooler pipings, s54 oil filter housing,666 Topmount manifold, and oil cooler kit.

My Cars
    E30 S50 Turbo
    exhaust housing will be coated, just not sure of the best place to go. most ive seen just bake off.
    High Performance Coatings won't bake off. I have had their high temp (black) coating for almost two years now with many track miles and they still look the same. I would definately recommend them.

I'm guessing you never had her on the dyno before she blew?
    Last edited by mazur; 02-05-2009 at 08:19 AM.

My Cars
    Turbo M50 E30, 95 M3
    Many times Ive seen you on route 9 and Ive tried to catch up. But never could. My favorite E30 by far. Please let me know when you finish this. BTW I love the "license plate"
    85' Turbo M50 E30 | 95' M3 Nitrous, Coilovers, DJ Autos, UUC SSK

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast