Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: E39 ABS (DSC) Module Group Buy???

My Cars
    540i/6, 02 Excursion Pow

E39 ABS (DSC) Module Group Buy???

Is anyone interested in a group buy for the ABS modules? I received a lot of interest for one I recently had and wanted to gauge interest in a group buy.

http://eactuning.com/e39-e38-z8-abs-...nit-p-426.html
    Not going to last long.

Any interest???

Jared
    Last edited by jnyost; 03-08-2010 at 09:50 AM.
    "If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti"

My Cars
    '01 530i,'90 Miata
    If I can find out if thats the source of my problem, I may be interested.

'01 530i Sport(RED)
    '90 Miata(work car)

My Cars
    2003 525i
    Jared - I plan on creating a DIY ABS/DSC thread.

It will encompass all of the threads and posts which so many, very bright men from this forum have offered. People need to know a). when the lights come on the list of potential reasons and their financial costs b). the various options to fix and repair their existing module should the reasons from choice 'A' not work and lastly c). the option to replace the module with a new one.

There are a growing legion of E39 drivers with ABS/DSC issues and I believe it's simply the fact that our cars have reached the age where either secondary parts are failing (speed sensors etc) or the acutal, infamous ABS/DSC Module fails.

Since you stock the secondary parts and the Modules, Jared of EAC Tuning should become the go-to for ABS/DSC issues.
    "I'd smash that (Jennifer Connelly) like a failed coup in sub-Saharan Africa."
    ~Macktheknife in my epic Jennifer Connelly OT Thread

My Cars
    535xiT, 325iT, '07 L322
    Quote Originally Posted by bimmerfiver View Post
    There are a growing legion of E39 drivers with ABS/DSC issues
    I think you're right, but let's break down the math a little bit. 100% of E39s built between approximately 1999 and 2000 have dsc module that either has failed or will fail. Some of these are dying or otherwise being removed from service, so the population of the legion is going down. But, as time goes on, newer E39s will probably also have their dsc modules die. I think I'd rather see a newer E39 lose a module than an older one explode or be crashed... and if that's what's happening, then you're right, there's a growing market for new DSC modules.

oh, yeah, and Jared has me on his group buy list. I'm Number One! Yay!

My Cars
    528it,s2,prius,ae86
    I'm in if my problem is indeed the module.

My Cars
    540i/6, 02 Excursion Pow
    Looking good so far.
    "If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti"

My Cars
    E39 hamster/ruberbandPWR
    This is discouraging to me.
    Mostly because, IMO, I feel the ABS module is a defective item on the E39.
    I have replaced mine twice so far.
    I wouldn't mind too much if the part was affordable, but, at $400+,
    can be outrageous, IMO.
    IMO, BMW should own-up and recall this issue.
    There really should be a permanent fix.
    This reminds me of the instrument cluster/ pixel display....
    DEFECT.......................

Looking for an E39 belly pan , passenger front inner fender liner …

My Cars
    540i/6, 02 Excursion Pow
    Twice!?!

My Cars
    '98 E36 M3 / '88 VW GTi
    I've read a couple times that people have had to replace this multiple times.

My Cars
    00' 528i, 11' Legacy
    Quote Originally Posted by google5 View Post
    I'm in if my problem is indeed the module.
    +1
    UNDER CONSTRUCTION

- 2000 528i Sport
    -
    Got any questions about my car? Feel free to PM me!

My Cars
    535xiT, 325iT, '07 L322
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason5driver View Post
    IMO, BMW should own-up and recall this issue.
    oh, yeah. I bet they're working on this right now...

dude, they don't even put dipsticks on the newer cars. Guess they don't even care about the long-term health of the ENGINE. Next stop? Paper-based bodies, you know, to be environmentally friendly?

My Cars
    Got BIG wheels!
    Question. I did just replace mine at the ind. dealership. I spent around 2,400.00+ in replacing the module, sensors and troubleshooting. They said it turned out to be the battery after all the big expenses, another 200.00. But it appears to be fixed now, almost a week and no lights. What is wrong with these modules? Someone said they get locked and must be rebuilt? Is there a chipset inside that goes bad? Or is it a connection problem or bad solder joints? Does anyone know the real issues with these units?

Does anyone know specifically what is repaired and what is determined to be the specific cause of the unit failures. I am guessing after replacing the module-wasn't fixed. Replacing three of the abs sensors-wasn't fixed. They said it was the battery just to save face and fixed the real issue and didn't tell me about it.

My Cars
    540i/6, 02 Excursion Pow
    Quote Originally Posted by wrc1045 View Post
    Question. I did just replace mine at the ind. dealership. I spent around 2,400.00+ in replacing the module, sensors and troubleshooting. They said it turned out to be the battery after all the big expenses, another 200.00. But it appears to be fixed now, almost a week and no lights. What is wrong with these modules? Someone said they get locked and must be rebuilt? Is there a chipset inside that goes bad? Or is it a connection problem or bad solder joints? Does anyone know the real issues with these units?

Does anyone know specifically what is repaired and what is determined to be the specific cause of the unit failures. I am guessing after replacing the module-wasn't fixed. Replacing three of the abs sensors-wasn't fixed. They said it was the battery just to save face and fixed the real issue and didn't tell me about it.
    Wow, that's a lot of money.

Unfortunately, there isn't just one way they fail. There are bad solder joints, blown diodes, and there's even a chip that goes bad. That's why not all of them can be repaired.

Quote Originally Posted by cpatstone View Post
    oh, yeah. I bet they're working on this right now...

dude, they don't even put dipsticks on the newer cars. Guess they don't even care about the long-term health of the ENGINE. Next stop? Paper-based bodies, you know, to be environmentally friendly?
    Fabric based.
    http://www.autoblog.com/2008/06/10/b...odel-revealed/
    Last edited by jnyost; 01-01-2009 at 10:34 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    1989 e30 M3, 1989 325ic, 1999 528it 5MT
    When I was looking up the part there is a different part for cars with "ASC" & "DSC". Does the one module work for both or do you need to get the correct one? I only ask because my car has the "ACS" which would cost me quite a bit more. I fear I already know the answer to this question.
    1989 BMW M3
    1999 BMW 323i vert

My Cars
    Got BIG wheels!
    I was just wondering where the module is on a 97 e39? does anyone have a circuit diagram of the systems. I am really curious. I have the service manual for the car but did not find it in there. I just got a copy of carsoft and I ordered two cables, one from ebay and trying to get one from someone I believe that belongs to this forum (but no answer yet). I was really curious about the diag and carsoft.

My Cars
    '00 528i, 04 corvett
    Count me in Jared.

question:
    what actually needs to be programmed on the new units?

My Cars
    Got BIG wheels!
    can the programming be done with carsoft?

SDJ528i is offline Awaiting Email Verification
    My Cars
    1998 528i and 2000 F
    I was just wondering where the module is on a 97 e39? does anyone have a circuit diagram of the systems. I am really curious. I have the service manual for the car but did not find it in there. I just got a copy of carsoft and I ordered two cables, one from ebay and trying to get one from someone I believe that belongs to this forum (but no answer yet). I was really curious about the diag and carsoft.
    This is from realoem.

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...24&hg=34&fg=20

The hydro unit sits up on the left side of the engine compartment - I am not sure where the controller itself is located. There is a control unit box up towards the firewall where I think the trans controller is also housed, might be in there -

Let me know how this works for you - I am thinking of buying the software/cable as well. It sounds like it will allow us to reset and monitor just about everything on the car. I saw it for about $90 on ebay. Is that what you paid or were there other charges to download software, etc?

Thanks -
    Last edited by SDJ528i; 01-01-2009 at 01:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    Got BIG wheels!
    I downloaded it from a shared site from a link to another bnmw forum.
    about 90.00 was right

My Cars
    540i/6, 02 Excursion Pow
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffNJM3 View Post
    When I was looking up the part there is a different part for cars with "ASC" & "DSC". Does the one module work for both or do you need to get the correct one? I only ask because my car has the "ACS" which would cost me quite a bit more. I fear I already know the answer to this question.
    The ASC and DSC are different modules and yes, unfortunately the ASC is more. PM and I'll see what I can do for you.

Quote Originally Posted by 528iJD View Post
    Count me in Jared.

question:
    what actually needs to be programmed on the new units?
    It needs coded to the car.

can the programming be done with carsoft?
    I don't know but I doubt it.
    Last edited by jnyost; 01-01-2009 at 06:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    00' 528i, 11' Legacy
    status on group buy?
    UNDER CONSTRUCTION

- 2000 528i Sport
    -
    Got any questions about my car? Feel free to PM me!

My Cars
    540i/6, 02 Excursion Pow
    How many guys are in for sure?

My Cars
    |e39|e30sed|e30coup|
    Im In.

My Cars
    1998 M Roadster
    Why bother replacing it? I don't the damn computer management anyway and it's so expensive. Mine goes out from time to time. It's just a couple of lights on the dashboard.

My Cars
    |e39|e30sed|e30coup|
    Quote Originally Posted by granitekonig View Post
    Why bother replacing it? I don't the damn computer management anyway and it's so expensive. Mine goes out from time to time. It's just a couple of lights on the dashboard.
    until your speedo goes it. Its annoying

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast