Thread: My Red Hot HPF M3!

My Cars
    e46 m3

My Red Hot HPF M3!

Hey Everyone,

First off, I would like the Thank everyone at HPF for helping me! Thanks you Chris, David and John for everything! You guys are the coolest guys I’ve met!

As some of you know, before HPF, I had a supercharger kit installed on my car! After getting sick of idle surges, driving hesitations, re-clearing adaptation codes and dealing with a oil problem, I decided to step up and pull the trigger on a HPF Stage 2 turbo kit!

I drove my car all the way down to Portland, and met with Chris, David and the shop techs! Chris took me around the shop. One word, Unbelievable. I had never seen a shop so organized and clean! Before I knew it, I was on my way back home L.

After 2 months, having the Engine rebuilt and waiting for parts, I finally picked up my car on 12//11 , Thursday night. I saw my car parked in front of the shop. I was ecstatic! I met with Chris and David again. Chris had my keys and we jumped in my car for my first test drive! Put the key in the ignition, and the car started perfect! No idle surges or anything. HPF had race fuel in the car, but my first pull was on pump mode. The first thing I noticed was the blow off valves… I laughed like a little school girl, amazing!

The pump mode pull felt great! It kept me pinned in my seat and pulled hard all the way to redline! I had a meth switch installed, so Chris flips the switch. After one pull in 3rd gear on pump + meth, I want from yay to what the heck Chris!!!! OMG just incredibly fast! I was shaking.. Hahaha! Chris had a small grin on his face, and turned the race fuel switch on. At that point I was scared..lol So I downshifted into 3rd again, got onto a straight and opened her up! At 3k rpm, I hit full boost and was rocketing down the street! I felt like I had tunnel vision..haha I shifted into 4th and broke the tires loose. (30 degree weather). I was scarred and couldn’t even compose a sentence! I’m afraid of race fuel and meth!

After the test drive, Chris took my friends and I for some round table pizza! Yum! Thanks man!

I drove 3 hours back home and the car ran PERFECT! Just, PERFECT! Not a Single problem! Awesome! The intercooler and intake manifold were super cold.

Drivability: Perfect, and I have a smg. At first I had some bad chatter and Chris assured me the clutch needed to be broken in. After 300 miles and on the quickest shift setting, the clutch is perfect! The car runs really smooth and feels like stock! Starts perfect on the first try and zero idle issues! I love it!

Sorry for the long post! I can go on and on about this kit! Thanks HPF!!!J

Here are some pics and a dyno graph!

My Cars
    E36, WRX
    I normally hate drop tops, but I think I'll let yours slide.

Looking great! Nice numbers as well.

My Cars
    2000 E39 M5
    Congrats man, that car is gorgeous!

My Cars
    turbo m3
    First off, Great numbers! I like the entire car especially the how you paint matched the headlight housings.

BTW, time for a new sig to show off the nice new intercooler.
    Last edited by BadBoostedBmwM3; 12-17-2008 at 09:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    the bus
    Congrats! Now get some VIDS

My Cars
    skateboard
    Quote Originally Posted by ///M3Augy View Post
    Congrats man, that car is gorgeous!
    +1. The car looks unreal. EDIT we ned more PICS
    Last edited by GG///M3; 12-17-2008 at 09:51 PM.
    “If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.”
    ― George Orwell

My Cars
    s/c kraut wagon
    nice #'s and car. your car make me want to go get the e46 m vert down the road
    ">

My Cars
    97 TT Stage2 M3, 01 Denali
    Car looks good! Plus the power to back it up!
    -97 Cosmo Black M3/4 with Technique Tuning Stage 2 Turbo + some other goodies ( She's gone!!! )
    -01 Onyx Black Yukon Denali with 22" bling blings

My Cars
    95 BMW M3,01 AUDI S4
    just needs a CSL trunk...

My Cars
    Dicktone Limo
    Absolutely beautiful.

My Cars
    89 328i Turbo
    Quite amazing, looks great, I'm sure performs great, can't beat it, just need a little traction now.. haha What's with this snow?

matt

My Cars
    skateboard
    I'll trade you 1 kidney + my m3......
    “If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.”
    ― George Orwell

My Cars
    BMWs
    That looks really good - what front bumper is that?

My Cars
    E36 M3 stg2 S/C...& a MV
    I know that you can really but a price on such joy and excitement but just out of curiosity, if you don't mind the question, what did Happiness cost you?

BTW, CONGRATS!

My Cars
    1984 Euro 320i
    Impressive looking kit.
    Andrew

My Cars
    90 GLi 16v (missing my e36 ///M3/4/5
    clean.. even for an e46.... j/k props!!
    löwenbröke crew... ya herd?
    i'll fix your vw in the bay area. bring it here..karmakanix

My Cars
    E36 M3
    Congrats ravi, ive already herd stories about how nuts it is. You should take me for a ride when I get back this summer

My Cars
    Turbo 99' M3
    Car looks great and with the HPF kit, Im sure it runs great as well.

Good luck with it!

My Cars
    95 Hellrot M3/02 MY Z06
    Very nice!

There is (maybe was, not looked in days) a Stage II HPF Vert for sale at M3Forums if anyone wants to duplicate the "happiness".

John
    '95 Hellrot M3 w/Dove
    AA Euro HFM Stage II (w/21# Injectors & Software) W/Gen III Exhaust - URI Crank Pully - FDM w/3 Row M Coupe Rad - 3.23 LSD - Vogtland Club Spec/Koni SA - UUC Red w/Enforcers - TMS Shims/Rear Camber Bars w/QA1 inners/Sways - VMC F/TMS R End Links - X-Brace - Perf Ultimate/SS Brake Lines - GC Tower Mounts/RTAB Shims - ZKW's w/5000K Hid - Fog Delete - Alpine 9847/Pioneer TS-C130R Kevlar Components/Pioneer PRS-X340/Stealth Box's/Wired Zune 120GB - OE LTW CF Sills/Glove Box Plate - Staggered Black M-Spoke II's w/235/40 (front), 255/40 (Rear) Nitto NT05's - Rolled Fenders!

***Got a '95 M3? (actually pretty common on all years! Even happened to Racer Seth Thomas! ) Check Your LSD! http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...d.php?t=390209