Thread: JB3 e92 335i Dyno Results

My Cars
    335i Coupe - S52 E30

JB3 e92 335i Dyno Results

Hey everyone,
    Just thought I would drop in and post todays dyno results for you.

Here is my mod list:
    -JB3 v1.1
    -BMS Dual Cone Intake
    -95-96 Octane gas

Result:
    375.23 whp
    370.08 wtq

Thanks for looking!

One is fast... the other is faster.

My Cars
    335i
    thats impressive! any 60, 1/4 times?

My Cars
    jb3 is impressive

My Cars
    American
    Im new to the forums so not an expert on the codes yet. What year and model is the e92 and how much power does it make stock?

Either way those are some nice/fun looking numbers, especially for a car that can haul "butt" comfortably.

My Cars
    335i E92
    335i E92 is an 07 or later 335i COUPE - that's what the E92 means - body style coupe. This poster's E92 is an 08.

The standard engine is quoted at 300BHP - but some dyno less as much as 280 I heard (not sure if it's true - mine has not been dyno'd).

My Cars
    07 335i Coupe 6MT
    Interesting because I have an issue of European Car magazine and the results are MUCH lower.

My Cars
    '01 lexus rx300
    Great numbers! Why not update to the v1.3??
    Sinatra lives.

My Cars
    E92 335i
    Quote Originally Posted by goowatchi View Post
    Great numbers! Why not update to the v1.3??
    Probably because this dyno pull is from 6 months ago and v1.3 was officially released about 2 weeks ago.
    I spent most of my money on cars and beer... The rest I pretty much wasted.

My Cars
    08 E92 335i
    He's up over 400whp now. His current mods are in his sig.

I'm sure he'll update with the new dyno soon!

My Cars
    American
    Quote Originally Posted by wyb View Post
    335i E92 is an 07 or later 335i COUPE - that's what the E92 means - body style coupe. This poster's E92 is an 08.

The standard engine is quoted at 300BHP - but some dyno less as much as 280 I heard (not sure if it's true - mine has not been dyno'd).
    Thanks !

Im impressed how well these cars respond to simple mod's. On top of that they maintain civility. Id like to see a dyno video of that pull. Bet it sounds nice.
    Last edited by MuscleKA; 06-04-2009 at 09:29 AM. Reason: typo

My Cars
    07 335i Coupe 6MT
    I'm going to go with the results in the magazine that show 29XHP on JB3 Map3, they had a 250hp baseline..which puts it right at about 300hp at the crank. BMW mellowed out the engine after 07 models (all cars got the update) so I don't think you see factory cars hitting 280hp on any dyno.

My Cars
    E92 335i
    Quote Originally Posted by Beer Goggles View Post
    I'm going to go with the results in the magazine that show 29XHP on JB3 Map3, they had a 250hp baseline..which puts it right at about 300hp at the crank. BMW mellowed out the engine after 07 models (all cars got the update) so I don't think you see factory cars hitting 280hp on any dyno.
    You can go with whatever your heart desires, but I think you are generally wrong.

I KNOW that ALL cars did not get the update. Mine is a March 07 production and it is running the original software, unless the dealer can update it remotely. Furthermore, at least at my local dealer, they do not update the software unless the customer has a complaint.

Also, the latest 3 or 4 software updates restored what was lost on the earlier updates.

There are quite a few people all over the country running the latest JB3 software and showing 375+ rwhp on different dynos with nothing but JB3 1.3 8DREVF, a dual-cone intake, and 93 octane gas. Plenty of other folks running latest PROcede and they are in the 365 rwhp range, too.

This site is a lot of good things, but it's definitely NOT where I would look for info about tuning the N54 platform. This E9X section is the least technically astute one I've yet seen on the internet. Bunch of noobs.
    I spent most of my money on cars and beer... The rest I pretty much wasted.

My Cars
    07 335i Coupe 6MT
    Why would one car with similar mods be 100hp on the wheels less...come on man. And if you've brought you car into the dealer in the past 2 years you GOT the update...if you asked or not. It was an update to the software. Even then we are talking a small change in the boost map.

You can be a douche to me all you want, I'm not saying the car isn't nice, but Dyno's are only as accurate as their users, I use a dyno with similar software for small engines and if I wanted to I can make it seem like it's 1000hp.

I'm not saying what you have is bad data, but don't bet your house that it is really accurate.

Run that car on the drag strip and see some #s. Everybody likes to think their cars are more powerful than they are and don't like to acknowledge the fact that the car has a lot of sensors to adjust back to what it wants.

I had a JB1 when it first came out, and it was a little bump. I didn't try to make it like it was more.

Anyway...thanks for the graphs and thanks for showing how little you are by being upset. I'll scan the article to show you all the graphs they posted.

EDIT

Here is their article online...email them to tell them they are noobs and tools

http://www.europeancarweb.com/tech/e...des/index.html
    Last edited by Beer Goggles; 06-04-2009 at 03:24 PM.

My Cars
    2010 335i
    Wow. This thread got off topic fast.
    10 E92 335i | LeMans Blue | 6MT | Black Leather | Glacier Silver Trim | ZMP | ZSP | Black Kidneys | HardWire RX65 | M Dead Pedal | OEM SS Pedals | PDC | 2nd HPFP...and counting

"See, now that's the kind of level-headed objectivity I was talking about, without any of the lunatic fanboi rahhh-rahhh of someone who misplaced his Depakote..." Natch

My Cars
    21 M3 6MT Dravit/KO/ZPP
    Can we please get back on topic then and stay away from personal attacks. Everyone can express their views and opinions without being dismissive and disrespectful to the other users. Let the facts speak for your argument instead of belittling others with use of inappropriate name calling.
    Thank you.
    Current Car (delivered 20/10/21): 2021 G80 M3; 6MT; DravitGrau/Kyalami Orange/Black Extended Merino; Permium Pkg (ZPP); 826M bicolor wheels; Black M Compound brakes; Sunroof (yes no CF roof)
    (more pictures here)

Previous Cars: 2018 F30 340ix 6MT Msport(Dec 2017 - Sep 2021); 2013 F30 335ix 6MT Msport (Nov 2013-17); 2011 e90 328i 6MT ZSP (Aug 10-Nov 13); 07 e90-323i ZSP (May 07 - Aug 10); 97-318ti ZSP (Feb 97 - May 07)

"Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens", Friedrich von Schiller -- "Life is simple, people make it complicated", Me (About me)

My Cars
    2007 335i
    Quote Originally Posted by Beer Goggles View Post

Here is their article online...email them to tell them they are noobs and tools
    One thing that sticks out and will definitely cause fairly large gaps between this test and the posters original dyno results is the fact that map 1 used with 91 octane. Based on reading the JB3 docs on the maps there is going to be quite a large gap between those results and the 94+ octane and I expect the much more aggressive map used in the first post.

My Cars
    92 318is, 09 335d
    Higher octane will make a huge difference for a turbo car. It will allow the engine to run a lot more timing advance without knock. Water-meth on my old VW added 40-50HP cause it changed the timing from -4DBTDC to -10DBTDC. This was on a 1.8L 4 banger pushing 21PSI to redline making 300WHP acording to the dyno that was used. In these much larger BMW 6's, timing advance under boost will make BIG power.

You do need to take dyno numbers with a grain of salt. Each dyno needs to be calibrated and corrected for temp, humidity and altitude or the numbers can not be compared with other dyno's. If only we could use only one dyno to test everyones cars... Apples to apples.
    Saskatoon Sports Car Club
    92 BMW 318is IT2 Racecar
    11 BMW 328xi

My Cars
    07 335i Coupe 6MT
    Quote Originally Posted by padrino View Post
    One thing that sticks out and will definitely cause fairly large gaps between this test and the posters original dyno results is the fact that map 1 used with 91 octane. Based on reading the JB3 docs on the maps there is going to be quite a large gap between those results and the 94+ octane and I expect the much more aggressive map used in the first post.
    They used map3, and octane won't add 100hp without more boost.