Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: "Where's my point-by?!?!?!?!?!?!?!"

My Cars
    09 M3, 97 Viper, 92 NSX

"Where's my point-by?!?!?!?!?!?!?!"

I found this from a track day on another forum. The driver of the S2000 camera car was getting quite frusted when stuck behind a Mustang who was not looking in his mirrors and holding him up in the corners while pulling away on the straights. The resulting screaming and multiple hand gestures from the frustrated driver was quite amusing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5e_b...t=1569&page=23

My Cars
    E36 IS #565, SpecE46
    HPDE I was 7th?!?
    Cold Tires + Wall = Suck

My Cars
    2000 E39 M5
    Funny video, so many hand movements from the S2K driver.

My Cars
    95 M3, 98 M3, 08 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuntman View Post
    I found this from a track day on another forum. The driver of the S2000 camera car was getting quite frusted when stuck behind a Mustang who was not looking in his mirrors and holding him up in the corners while pulling away on the straights. The resulting screaming and multiple hand gestures from the frustrated driver was quite amusing:
    What kind of HPDE was this?

Seems like a rather dangerous mix of drivers who lack skill (the Mustang guy) and a frustrated driver in a convertible (S2000 guy). At least the Mustang guy had a cage. Nice that there were broken down cars scattered around as well.

On the other hand why didn't S2000 guy just STFU and just get it done like he finally did?

Seems like the right thing to do is to pull in and let the pit out person find you a gap away from the a-holes on track. After the session is over deal with the problematic driver.

Carlos.

My Cars
    318is
    He could have gotten a lot closer. He was also taking the wrong lines on exit allowing the mustang a good jump out of the corners.

My Cars
    too many bmws
    yeah that was disturbing on my fronts.. looks like a case of red mist..
    '91 SpecE30 #523
    '12 F30 328i Sport Line
    '00 F-350 Dually
    BMWCCA #360858 NASA # 128290

https://www.facebook.com/COTABBR

My Cars
    Wreck Miata,Dirty Thirty
    What an idiot.

My Cars
    00 M Coupe, 08 335xi
    To take a comment from the video... "I'm speechless"..

Car's 2 wheels off (I think one took an escape road), cars parked by the side of the track, driving way to close no matter how much of an ahole you may think the guy in front is.

Do they think they are on the local interstate !!

My Cars
    E46 330Ci, E30 325i
    Almost had two wide racing through that one corner. That was nuts on all accounts, and is the reason I'm picky about with whom I'd do a HPDE. None of that would have been tolerated with in the groups I've been. First of all, it would have been yellow flagged with the stalled car to start.

My Cars
    Vehicle
    Quote Originally Posted by clopez95m3 View Post
    What kind of HPDE was this?

Seems like a rather dangerous mix of drivers who lack skill (the Mustang guy) and a frustrated driver in a convertible (S2000 guy). At least the Mustang guy had a cage. Nice that there were broken down cars scattered around as well.

On the other hand why didn't S2000 guy just STFU and just get it done like he finally did?

Seems like the right thing to do is to pull in and let the pit out person find you a gap away from the a-holes on track. After the session is over deal with the problematic driver.

Carlos.
    +1. Really bad driving/conduct on both their parts. I would not want to drive with them.

And I'm pretty sure the Mustang saw the S2k in his mirrors...he just didn't want to let him by.

My Cars
    e30 M3, 335d
    yeah, im less then impressed with the S2K driver. there are tons of dumb drivers like in the mustang and they drive me nuts, but how you deal with them is the important part. the waving of the hands and pointing when there were easily 10 car lengths between them and mid turn wasn't going to do anything. You need to set your self up for a pass if your down on power but your a better driver then the front car. He could have easily pulled out of turns faster then the mustang did.

After something like that though, I would have a serious talk with the mustang driver in the pits. Guy doesn't belong there.

My Cars
    1996 328is
    i became angry just watching that

that mustang driver was a real douche; full throttle when he waved the s2000 on. ugh.

Summer 2017

My Cars

My Cars
    '99 M Coupe
    Looks like the driver has the DT's and is swatting at imaginary flying insects.

Event needs either much better drivers or way more rules. Plus, the parked car!
    Dan Chadwick
    Boston Chapter BMW CCA Instructor Development.
    Near-Orbital Space Monkeys, E30 M50-ish
    Driving Evals on-line evaluations for Driving Schools. Paper forms are just wrong.

My Cars
    '99 M3/'93 LMR-3
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuntman View Post
    The resulting screaming and multiple hand gestures from the frustrated driver was quite amusing:
    Oh, man... great video to wake up to... thanks for posting! That section going into the bus stop can be nutty fast. I can't imagine EVER taking my hand of the the wheel to point at someone through there. Good stuff.

Some of the comments on the video page are good, too. One guy telling him he should've just gone into the pits for space, and this being his response:

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Hand Gesture YouTube Dude
    i don't want to and need to, i'm not looking for clear laps, my pace will hit traffic no matter what! this video was made to laugh, and pp like you just take it too serious to assume stupid things, it's funny how all of a sudden these slow e36 m3 drivers show up in my part 2 video only! lol

Jonathan
    BimmerWorld
    Race Proven Performance
    www.bimmerworld.com
    www.bimmerworldracing.com

My Cars
    Integra GSR
    The s2k guy is giving honda drivers a bad name... Oh wait, most honda drivers are kid... No wonder I didn't fit in. -__-'

diffsonline is offline Supporting Vendor
    Diff Builder
    Supporting Vendor
    My Cars
    Escalade, Harley, BRP
    Maybe he was fanning the stench out of his car from whatever he had from dinner!

My Cars
    e10, e30,e85,UCK41, r56
    That was some grade A assclownery. I thought the pass on the e46 with the disabled car still on track was a nice touch. The one handed cornering and fly swatting while flying offline and getting beat by the mustang was another favorite of mine.

-Charlie

'06 Tundra - Toy Hauler -- '89 325is, 24v Track Rat --'76 2002, Summer wannabe DD/restomod thing -- '03 Z4, GI Joe Roadster playset -- '01 R1100S, Beemer -- '07 Mini Cooper S -- '10 328xi

My Cars
    09 M3, 97 Viper, 92 NSX
    Quote Originally Posted by paintpro21 View Post
    yeah, im less then impressed with the S2K driver. there are tons of dumb drivers like in the mustang and they drive me nuts, but how you deal with them is the important part. the waving of the hands and pointing when there were easily 10 car lengths between them and mid turn wasn't going to do anything. You need to set your self up for a pass if your down on power but your a better driver then the front car. He could have easily pulled out of turns faster then the mustang did.
    But that requires thinking ahead, looking ahead beyond the car in front of you, and actually having a hint of race-craft, instead of being an HPDE/Time Attack Champion

Quote Originally Posted by JonathanL View Post
    Oh, man... great video to wake up to... thanks for posting! That section going into the bus stop can be nutty fast. I can't imagine EVER taking my hand of the the wheel to point at someone through there. Good stuff.

Some of the comments on the video page are good, too. One guy telling him he should've just gone into the pits for space, and this being his response:
    No problem, definately a good laugh.

I forgot to post "Part 1" - almost 7 minutes of him STILL stuck behind the Mustang. Apparently he was behind that car for the entire session and in the 2nd half of the session (Part 2 video) is where he started all the flailing hand gestures.

He didn't make any hand gestures in part 1 (first half of the session), but to him it justifies his behavior in part 2 . Part 1:
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2t9FCt4QZQ&feature=related[/ame]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2t9F...1#post14792597
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    That was some grade A assclownery.
    Last edited by Stuntman; 11-23-2008 at 12:17 PM.

My Cars
    Hmm, should I post this thread on a certain other forum....???

My Cars
    e10, e30,e85,UCK41, r56
    In all fairness, the mustang guy probably couldn't see him due to the tears of laughing so hard. He was screwing with him the entire session.

-Charlie

'06 Tundra - Toy Hauler -- '89 325is, 24v Track Rat --'76 2002, Summer wannabe DD/restomod thing -- '03 Z4, GI Joe Roadster playset -- '01 R1100S, Beemer -- '07 Mini Cooper S -- '10 328xi

My Cars
    E46M3, E36M3 C Mod , Toyota Tundra, Pace Shadow
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    In all fairness, the mustang guy probably couldn't see him due to the tears of laughing so hard. He was screwing with him the entire session.

-Charlie

Steve E.

My Cars
    e46 M3, F10 535, X5d
    ...Well, he is a "Racer" according to his steering wheel

My Cars
    1983 BMW 320is
    um...

E21 and E70

My Cars
    '01 M3 , '11 X5 35D
    Quote Originally Posted by JonathanL View Post
    Some of the comments on the video page are good, too. One guy telling him he should've just gone into the pits for space, and this being his response
    I posted that comment.

FWIW, I drive a slow 328

Looks like Johnny Tran from fast and the furious finally found his way to a real race track
    Must be nice running down mustangs in his honda 2000
    Last edited by LAWLence; 11-24-2008 at 12:54 AM.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast