Thread: Lowering car..Control arm question??

My Cars
    97 528i, 95 TT Supra, 65 VW Beetle, 99 Beetle TDI

Lowering car..Control arm question??

So i decided to go the Eibach Pro/Bilstein HD route on a 97 non sport 528i. My Bentley mentions that anytime you remove a control arm/thrust arm, etc.. you sould only fully tighten the bolt once the car is on the ground and that you should bouce the car a little and then fully tighten the bolts. In my case i did take of several of the control arms but my question is..should i also loosen the other control arms a little, bounce the car, and then retighten them? Im thinking that since the car is now lowered the geometry is obviously different and if i dont relieve any extra stress on the other bushings because of the lower stance i will experience premature failure of those bushings? Am i correct or just paranoid? I would rather not mess with the the control arms that i didnt take off in order to lower the car since they are the ones with the eccentric bolts. Or will i need to get an alignment regardless??
    Thank You in advance!

My Cars
    1974 2002, 2009 128i
    It is only necessary to follow this procedure for the control arms you have loosened. The others remain properly positioned, the rubber in the bushings having deflected to allow the suspension to droop.

Life's tough. It's tougher when you're stupid.
    -John Wayne

My Cars
    97 528i, 95 TT Supra, 65 VW Beetle, 99 Beetle TDI
    Thank you very much. That is what i was looking for, a straight forward answer..
    Thanks again!!