BAVToys
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: >:DDM Tuning - Most Lighting on SALE! HID as low as $44.95! DEPO SALES!!!

My Cars
    Lots
    Quote Originally Posted by Caleb J Drake View Post
    Does the 55watt put much more strain on the electrical system then the 35 watts and installation different?
    No, not at all. Both are limited to 6 amps on startup. There is a momentary surege for a couple of milliseconds but after that, they settle in to drawing about 4.6 amps which is about the same as the 55W bulb they replace.

Installation is the same.

Jim

My Cars
    Lots
    Quote Originally Posted by amdspitfire View Post
    How many watt's are the HID's on newer lexus/bmw/mb's?
    As far as I know, OE is still 35W. Haven't taken every one of them apart though. I haven't seen anything different in trade mags either.

Jim

My Cars
    540iT, GT3
    I have a question. If you add the Lamin-X to the Depo HID package for $19.95, will it be the 40-mil or 20-mil ones?

My Cars
    Lots
    40 mil.

Jim

My Cars
    540iT, GT3
    Thanks, I'll be ordering some gear tomorrow after I call in to get my wholesale club membership number.

My Cars
    1997 328i E36
    Quote Originally Posted by jsp98m3 View Post
    Pair him with me.

He can send me his kids to take care of my wife's cats.
    I'll send him endless Angel Eye upgrades.

Jim
    How can i get free angel eye upgrades?
    Front: 225/45ZR
    Rear: 255/40ZR-17

Answerway.com

My Cars
    1997 328i E36
    We sell a lot. We don't pay what others have to pay for them and we work on minimal if any markup. Literally thousands of sets sold every month. We're attempting to get to 250 HID kits per day. Thus, the prices have been going down about every two months by $10 per month.

Ask anyone here, they're good stuff and we stand behind them 100%.

Jim
    I heard a couple of nasty stories about people not satisfied with your replacements and mostly your depot kits... so they all went to bavtoys instead... i am a newb to this so care to explain how that could happen? (dont get me wrong, I heard many good things about yours too, esp the apexcone more than the depot... but I would like to know if u are as good as bavtoys but jus cheaper, or are we getting corners cut somewhere)

Answerway.com

My Cars
    1997 328i E36
    Both are limited to 6 amps on startup. There is a momentary surege for a couple of milliseconds but after that, they settle in to drawing about 4.6 amps which is about the same as the 55W bulb they replace.
    Jim
    Will the ellipsoids included (I assume they are the projectors?) focus the 55W enough so it wont bother incoming traffic? I heard 55W is just a bit over the top and borders on rudeness to others, and that 35W should do just fine. I think of all those SUV's with lights right into my eyeballs and I dont wanna be that guy.

Answerway.com

My Cars
    1991 325i Coupe
    Dammit! After finally placing my order last thursday i'm missing this sale. Any chance I can get in on it? I'd love to save $25 bucks (university student).
    Last edited by Big Empty; 11-03-2008 at 04:06 AM.

My Cars
    M CPE
    Hey Jim, before I complete my order just a quick question. Will an apexcone 35w kit with 3k bulbs for my e36 m3 fogs give me a bulb out warning? Do I need to purchase the warning code eliminator as well? Thanks

edit-

also, any idea when the sunroof eclipse module will be made available again?
    Last edited by jotti; 11-03-2008 at 06:35 AM.

My Cars
    E34 540i, E36 325is, E83 X3
    Are the HID just thrown in the box with the Apexcone headlights, or are they already installed for plug and play?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lendo View Post
    SRSCAT is right.

My Cars
    Lots
    Dathaeus,

Our DEPOs and every other vendor's DEPOs are exactly the same. There is no difference except in price.

We have a much better cost structure on DEPO lights than other vendors. So we can sell them for less. There have been many accusations made about us because people cannot believe how little we pay for goods and can sell them for. There have been accusations of copies, etc. We have a standing offer. If anyone at all wants to come to our warehouse and look at our inventory, they are welcome to do so. If they find a "fake" DEPO, I will give them $10,000 on the spot. We'll jump in the car and go to the bank immediately. All Benjamins, at the counter.

The only catch is, if that person fails to find fake DEPO, they have to post that fact too. I've been making that offer for a year. We've posted our invoices showing that we bought the goods and the price we paid for it. We've let forum members listen in on our calls to DEPO. We've got nothing to hide.

So, you can ask other members of the forum, literally hundreds of them have bought DEPOs from us. They can attest to the fact, they are all exactly the same products.

We don't try to negative sell against anyone. The DEPOs from Bavtoys are wonderful lights. You can't go wrong with either light from either of us. It just depends on how much you want to spend for it. Product wise, zero differences.

Jim
    Last edited by jsp98m3; 11-03-2008 at 11:03 AM.

My Cars
    Lots
    Quote Originally Posted by Dathaeus View Post
    Will the ellipsoids included (I assume they are the projectors?) focus the 55W enough so it wont bother incoming traffic? I heard 55W is just a bit over the top and borders on rudeness to others, and that 35W should do just fine. I think of all those SUV's with lights right into my eyeballs and I dont wanna be that guy.
    With DEPO, 55W is fine. The lights just need to be aimed correctly. There is a very defined flat cutoff on the top of the beam pattern and the euro lights send a lot of the light along the right shoulder of the road, not into oncoming traffic. The DOT standard for lighting is different, scatters light more and is generally set up for a different set of circumstances as far as road signage etc compared to Euro lighting.

There won't be any issues with either wattage.

Jim

My Cars
    Lots
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Empty View Post
    Dammit! After finally placing my order last thursday i'm missing this sale. Any chance I can get in on it? I'd love to save $25 bucks (university student).
    If the parts aren't delivered according to the UPS timestamp before we have a sale price, you are eligible.

Jim

My Cars
    Lots
    Quote Originally Posted by jotti View Post
    Hey Jim, before I complete my order just a quick question. Will an apexcone 35w kit with 3k bulbs for my e36 m3 fogs give me a bulb out warning? Do I need to purchase the warning code eliminator as well? Thanks

edit-

also, any idea when the sunroof eclipse module will be made available again?
    Should not need the BOW-3s for that application.

I need to find the old programmer so I can buy a replacement board. We are in process of moving into the rest of the warehouse we did not occupy before. I hope to find it as we move stuff from remote storage back to the main warehouse. But I doubt this will be before the new year.

Jim

My Cars
    Lots
    Quote Originally Posted by digitaldragon03 View Post
    Are the HID just thrown in the box with the Apexcone headlights, or are they already installed for plug and play?
    The bulbs are pre-installed. You don't want the ballasts pre-plugged in. They are in small boxes in the headlight box.

Jim

My Cars
    Lots
    Quote Originally Posted by Dathaeus View Post
    How can i get free angel eye upgrades?
    If you are interested in angel eyes, please look into the DEPO Package on sale for $200.00 that comes with angel eyes and Lamin-X in addition to the HID. This is the best value and all the options are pre-installed.

Jim

My Cars
    Lots
    Dathaeus,

One last thing. Most of the whispering in the background about our DEPO lighting has almost exclusively revolved around us somehow selling fake lights, usually the story says they are a clever Chinese copy.

While this is amusing, please look at the file below. This is my company's invitation to attend the DEPO customer appreciation dinner held at SEMA each year. There is a similar one each year at the AMPA show in Taipei, Taiwan. We attend that too.

You would have to ask yourself, if I'm selling copies of this company's goods, why do they honor me with an invitation to attend their banquet?

Ask competitors for their copy of this letter. They don't get invited anymore. There is a reason for that and it doesn't have anything to do with ME selling other vendors lights as DEPOs.

Jim

http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/yhst-...INVITE2008.pdf

I'll post pictures on Thursday to show we were all there. Because I know there is going to be some new X-Files worthy story about this invitation too.
    Last edited by jsp98m3; 11-03-2008 at 07:44 AM.

My Cars
    Looking......
    But jim, you forgot something else that is different, the return policy if the product is defective. Of course there is always a chance. some vendors will charge you $40+ in shipping and restocking, etc just to get your product to be right. That is a HUGE difference imo.

ex. vendor a. sells me a defective product...i call them and tell them, they ship another out to me, no charge.

vendor b. sells me a defective product....I pay $20 to ship, and $20 to have them ship it back to me. All the time placing blame on the consumer 50% of the time. So I could be out $40 on a $30 product. lol.

imo, that is huge and people do not need to forget that.

My Cars
    '89 325I (totaled) '89 525I, Bagged '95 S10

The kit I ordered from you guys like 2 weeks ago doesnt look like either one of those pictures. Ill take some pictures tonight when I get home and post them up. And mine werent "plug and play" on my 89 525I. I purchased for my fog lights. I want to purchase some for headlights too. But worried Ill have the same problem.
    Last edited by IllusiveDreams; 11-03-2008 at 02:45 PM.

My Cars
    Lots
    The 55W ballasts are longer versions of the ballasts in the first picture and have DDM molded into the upper right corner of the ballast in postage stamp type orientation. That's the only other ballast we sell. If its not these two or the slightly longer 55W, I don't know what you received.

Jim

My Cars
    '89 325I (totaled) '89 525I, Bagged '95 S10
    Thanks for quick reply Jim. I ordered the 35W Apexcone HIDs. I have 2 "9006" plugs. But Ill post pics after I get home, so you know exactly what Im looking at.

My Cars
    Lots
    Please send them to techsupport@ddmtuning.com and copy jim.apx@gmail.com.

We're getting packed up to leave for SEMA and it would be best to support you over wireless devices after 5pm.

Jim

My Cars
    1997 328i E36
    So Jim what exactly is the difference between the DEPOs and the Apexcone? Most comments seem to favor Apexcone... how can I make the final decision on what to get? Of course we all wanna spend less, but not at the cost of something that is not of the best "value."

Answerway.com

My Cars
    1997 328i E36
    Also, will i get the LBF error with any of your kits?

Answerway.com

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast