Thread: Pics & Video: DFW7 - Laps for Charity at Texas Motor Speedway 9-20-2008

My Cars
    740iS, CLS55 AMG

Thumbs up Pics & Video: DFW7 - Laps for Charity at Texas Motor Speedway 9-20-2008

It was a beautiful day Saturday in Fort Worth. DFW7 guys (Lurcher, TxDarth, JL, aunechiropractic AKA Bone Crusher, turkeybird740i, alexe, NoahGo & son Jacob, Shelterdog & wife Kathy, JohnG, Brad) first gathered at a Starbucks for a meet n’ greet, everyone enjoyed a good time chatting and checking out each others ride as usual. We then took a 30 minute group cruise together to Texas Motor Speedway (TMS).

Upon arrival, we were joined by couple of E46 (Jack, Daniel & Anita) and a Mini (Brian, Karen & Dakota). Whereas we had to hang around the staging area under hot sun for ½ hour last year; this time Lurcher turned his charm on sweet Brandi, our event handler and got us on the (not her) lap right away. Once we got on, it was just as fun as last year with many hitting triple digit speed immediately. I was the last taking Pics & videos. Just as I setup the camera and began to accelerate, the cars in front slow down to 65 mph. A quick glance down the big oval showed a rather gloomy sight, for the last four cars, me included had been cutoff by one of the pace cars. The front pack quickly disappeared out of sight. Luckily they did not pull us off the track and we were soon able to get back to good speed after half a lap at snail pace.

After the 3 laps, many took the optional photo shoot at Victory Lane; we had to wait 15 minutes for our pictures. During the wait I approached Bone Crusher (Steve), sunk my finger deep into his 6’10” chiseled chest and shouted in his face “Why the @&#% did you get flagged by the pace car? You must have messed up bad and the rest of us had to suffer with you!!!” Well, as it turned out, it wasn’t Steve, it was another one of our club favorite and this was his first time there. Since DFW7 guys stick together, we are not going to rat out the fella that broke the rules (i.e. Single File and no passing while on the big oval), well, at least not in plain ink…

In all, it was a great and entertaining day at TMS where our money went to benefit various children’s charities. Not only did we enjoyed each others company, we got our thrill driving on the big oval and last but not least the great food and scenery at Bone Daddy’s in Grapevine afterward, sorry lads, no BD Pics this time. After all, we Southern gentlemen don’t take pictures of those poor, poor, scantly clad young ladies; we are just there for the fine art

PS – hubbylubby was going to drive up from Austin, he pre-paid and all, I’ll let him explain himself as to why he didn’t make it…

Video link is at the bottom after the Pictures. Have to break up into 2 posts since BF only allow me 15 images per post. Special thanks to Jacob, Eddie, Brian and everyone else for their contribution.

Group Cruise

Arrived at Texas Motor Speedway

Staging Area, our lane where 2 E46 & 1 Mini joined us

Ready to enter the big oval

Here we go!

Part 1 of 2 (continue)

JL
    Last edited by JLe38; 09-22-2008 at 03:53 PM.

My Cars
    740iS, CLS55 AMG
    Part 2 of 2 - DFW7 Laps for Charity at Texas Motor Speedway, 9-20-2008

See the tire marks

Waiting area for the Vicotry Lane photos

Buck!!!

A shameless pic of my car at Victory Lane

You didn't think we were gonna leave out the great "Pass" pics, did ya?

Note display sign on left

What, what's going on here

One of the pace car moved in and began to slow the last 4 cars to 65 mph

We DFW7 guys stick together and will never talk!!!

And finally, the link to the Video
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMxfvt8cdhs"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMxfvt8cdhs[/ame]

That's all folks, thanks for watching and have a great day!

JL

My Cars
    2000 740iL - 07/99
    Sweet Meet N' Greet
    Follow me on Instagram @SEVEN40iL

My Cars
    '01 740iL, '95 840Ci
    Man, that's just good stuff!

Great pics and video! Love seeing the 7's lined up.

My Cars
    Buying a 03 M5
    nice. now i need to see the inside of your car. oh please purtie please. pics would be nice

. .
    '____
    German Engineering and No exception. 03 M5 on the way.