Thread: FS: 1981 BMW 323i E21 Baur Convertible

My Cars
    1982 323i Baur, 2004 Audi A4

FS: 1981 BMW 323i E21 Baur Convertible

Details are here:

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...1#post13689021

Would love to sell her to someone on the forum rather than going to eBay or CL.
    Here are a few more pics:
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    '83 320is (v8)
    Bump for a clean car. Seen it in person.

Rick, if you haven't sold it soon we're going to have a GTG by the lake in Wakefield. You should stop by. We're shooting for the 3rd weekend in August. Joe made a thread about it.

My Cars
    323i, 530i, '13 Cooper S
    11,000? I must be missing something. Clean looking car though.

My Cars
    E21, E24, M3
    Good luck with the sale, clean Baur for sure. Wasnt this one for sale about 2 years ago for $7k? I remember the 17" BBS.

My Cars
    81 323i Baur, 98 M3/4, 8
    a good baur could sell for 11K. There aren't many around to start with. Post up what it sells for so Ican add it to my actual sale price file I keep in case my gets wrecked. There is no blue book value for a baur.

The Frozen Baur (AKA The Frozen Ground) now on Netflix (John Cussack is driving the Omega behind the Baur)

My Cars
    e61
    An exceptional pristine original Baur might get $11,000 today. Having said that I hope you get your price and share it with us.

I don't think I could get that for mine.

My Cars
    1979 323i BMW. 2003 GTI 20 V Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by blitzed310 View Post
    Good luck with the sale, clean Baur for sure. Wasnt this one for sale about 2 years ago for $7k? I remember the 17" BBS.
    Yeah its the same car.

Rick you forgot to add E30 front and rear seats. They have been retrofitted.

I really like this car. It shows a lot better in person than the pics, and I will be sorry to see it sell. Does it still have the BBS RC 17s? I think you changed the center caps.

I have been meaning to call you. I hope we can get together soon, I called the appraisor today - he is appraising my car next week and we are shooting for the 3rd week in August for a little gathering by the lake. Please meet us there. I am going for historic plates and insurance, 79 e21 or 79 323i..or something.

later,
    Joe
    "..Horsepower is a measure of work done over time, or the rate at which work is done."

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/579694/1

My Cars
    '81 323 Baur, '82 320i, '89 635, '86 535 turbo
    Last year I had a offer from a local CCA member for 10k. It wasn't for sale and he found an e30 Baur instead.

I'd say 11 is doable if the right person comes along. The resto of a mediocre example will cost considerably more.

Very nice car!

My Cars
    I'm not in a huge rush to sell (lets just say the wife has been pushing) and I think a car like this could sell for $11k to the right buyer - especially in New England where every car this age has rust. As Bill said (and Joe knows too) trying to restore something like this could easily cost over $10k.

It does still have the BBS RC rims and I created my own BMW center caps. I like the look of the exposed lugs. I still have the original BBS caps.

The car does show better than the pics - but I know there are always skeptics out there. Don't really care. Its appraised by a pro for $10k - I paid $9k for it two years ago and have added a few nice to have items.

I should be there for the get together. Sounds like fun and an excuse to get out of the house.

My Cars
    e61
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowdog9 View Post
    The car does show better than the pics - but I know there are always skeptics out there. Don't really care. Its appraised by a pro for $10k - I paid $9k for it two years ago and have added a few nice to have items.
    I don't know if you directed the above quote at me or not but I wasn't knocking your car. I was commenting on the market. I have not seen your car but I do know Baurs. $11k is doable and I also turned down $10k for mine.

A Baur is a unique vehicle that requires a special buyer. There can be a spread between appraisal and market that can go in either direction. As always the value is set by what someone actually pays for the car.

My Cars
    That comment was not directed at anyone at all. I just know that one person's price/value on a car is not the same as another's.

I do the same thing when I see some asking/selling prices. Its a personal thing - especially with cars like this.