Thread: Passenger side Wiper removal

My Cars
    1997 528i

Passenger side Wiper removal

Anyone know how to remove the passenger side wiper arm without the special tool?

My Cars
    1997 528i
    Anyone?

My Cars
    2000 M5 & 2000 540i sport
    No special tool on my 2000- what year and model? Did you try your owners manual...

My Cars
    15 650ix GC & 14 X5 50i
    Quote Originally Posted by ttyltank View Post
    Anyone know how to remove the passenger side wiper arm without the special tool?
    Have you gone to any of the online part databases to look at the diagram for the wiper system?

I'm trying to find what fastners is special...below is the diagram and it is held on by a hex nut (#8). You can also click the following link to go directly to the diagram with the part number index below it...perhaps that will help solve the mystery.

http://www.bmwmobiletradition-online...45&hg=61&fg=45

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.

2015 650ix GC (Moonstone/Cohiba Brown) <<~>> 2014 X5 50i (Space Gray/Mocha)

My Cars
    E46, TLC
    They are pressed into a taper, there's a chance that you can get it off by lugging on it fairly hard but your best bet is to get a small puller.

My Cars
    1997 528i
    Yes, Qsilver, I know what it looks like, I've been staring it down all day, thanks though.

I got the covers and nuts off, Bentley says to "Use BMW special tool 61 6 060" to remove the arms from the control shafts. Is there a general purpose puller type thingy (?) that I could find at Home Depot? I've tried pulling it pretty hard, I got to the point where it feels like something is about to snap...

My Cars
    E46, TLC
    I just had to pull mine off again because the guy who replaced my windshield didn't put them back together right.
    Autozone has a free tool loan program so I stopped by and used some of their pullers in the parking lot.
    First I tried the little tool that's made for pulling wipers but it was too small.
    Then I tried a big gear puller and it was too big.
    So finally I gave this ugly thing a shot and it worked fine.

If your wipers are torqued correctly like mine were it's gonna take a decent amount of force even with the puller.
    Let us know how it works out.
    Last edited by Mike540i; 07-29-2008 at 06:32 PM.