Thread: Where in gods name is the Unloader Relay

My Cars
    99 E36

Where in gods name is the Unloader Relay

1/1995 M3, EWS II, ODB I.

The bentley manual says it should be on the drivers side underneath a speaker grille.

I've checked every last square inch of that area, there is no Unloader Relay. The manual says they're should be 3 relays, two wiper relays and one unloader, but there is only one back there, I dont know its purpose ( the number of wires is different from the unloader relay ).

Has anyone found this ?

Thanks!
    Charlie

My Cars
    `98 M3 Convertible
    What in His name IS the unloader relay?
    --
    Gac's the name. Seriously.

I drive a Metallic Fern Green 1998 BMW M3 Convertible with a hard top. I just rolled over 67k, and I rate the current appearance of the car as 7.8/10, pending repair of some trim pieces. I rate the drive condition as a 7.1/10 until I figure out why my clutch gets into a "slippy mood" evey few months. It is bone-dry stock, except for a modern head unit and slotted/dimpled rotors and ceramic pads. I like it this way. It is awesome.

That is all. Carry on.

My Cars
    '92 BMW 325is Coupe
    all these modules should be located right behind the glove box on left hand vehicles.

My Cars
    99 E36
    Sorry GacAttack I didn't think about that line offending people. The Unloader kills power to the electrical system when the car is in start position ( cranking ). For my needs, I need to jump some wires to bypass the EWS.

My Cars
    `98 M3 Convertible
    Quote Originally Posted by qbert65536 View Post
    Sorry GacAttack I didn't think about that line offending people. The Unloader kills power to the electrical system when the car is in start position ( cranking ). For my needs, I need to jump some wires to bypass the EWS.
    Lol. THanks for the apology, but I wasn't offended. Looking back at my post, I see how I could be interpreted as me being a smartass-- which is usually a correct interpretation of many of my posts.

Thanks for the info on the unloader. Like posted before, that's in the group of relays behind the glovebox.
    --
    Gac's the name. Seriously.

I drive a Metallic Fern Green 1998 BMW M3 Convertible with a hard top. I just rolled over 67k, and I rate the current appearance of the car as 7.8/10, pending repair of some trim pieces. I rate the drive condition as a 7.1/10 until I figure out why my clutch gets into a "slippy mood" evey few months. It is bone-dry stock, except for a modern head unit and slotted/dimpled rotors and ceramic pads. I like it this way. It is awesome.

That is all. Carry on.

My Cars
    2002 bmw 325xi
    What wire did you jump if you don’t mind me asking got my car cranking finally over 3 months but I think the unloaded relay I jumped is wrong I did my wire jump under the hood in the e box