Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TT stgI build by EstorilRoc3060

My Cars
    98 Estoril M3/2, 94 325i

TT stgI build by EstorilRoc3060

First and foremost I MUST thank my buddy Hoang (isn't on here and will probably never see this, but still...) He's was the one that let me use his driveway, tools, his skills and his time, for that I am forever grateful. Overall it took us about 20 hours to do. We didn't blow straight through it, we started friday around 8:30-9pm and had to take a couple hours to drive to my house and back b/c I accidently left a box at home. So we got back around 2 and worked on it till 4:30-5am and crashed until 10am and then worked on it for another 14 hours (haha)

Secondly I must thank Nick G. for creating the kit, it's absolutely awesome I can't get enough of it! Too bad it's now summer time here in Texas, the heat is gonna kill some of the power and that blows. But oh well.
    Need to thank M3Jasper and ICS Performance for having the Group Buy and for answering a lot, A LOT of my questions.
    Need to thank Cameron for more or less eggin' me on to get a turbo (he may not have know he did, but he did, haha!) Oh and thanks for answering a lot of my questions as well.

I haven't gotten it dynoed yet, I still need to install the Greddy Profec II EBC, my boost gauge and I need to get a hold of Bmuu to pick up his AFR gauge, and then hopefully those three will go in this weekend in time to go with my buddy that helped me to a supra meet.

The car feels absolutely amazing, the power is awesome. It's incredibly SMOOTH and before you know it you're redlining with your head in the seat!

Any questions you have feel free to ask, PM or not. If you are a potential booster/FI noob and for whatever reason might have a question for me, no matter how old this thread gets, feel free to ask.

Again, Thanks to everyone who helped!

***Just wanted to consolidate some images and what not***
    Last edited by EstorilRoc3060; 03-17-2009 at 12:41 PM.
    VP Anyone have a Girlfax?

My Cars
    Looking......
    umm.........pics, vid's, pics, vid's. that about sums it up.

My Cars
    M3/4/6, X5 4.4
    WOW, what a loooong post.

Definitely interested to hear the final results once you are completed. I (We) are anxiously awaiting build pics and possible vids.

Props on giving thanks to your helpers..... It would almost be impossible do it completely alone.

My Cars
    98 Estoril M3/2, 94 325i
    Ok, I got pics now...They will be in chronological order.

Last edited by EstorilRoc3060; 03-17-2009 at 12:41 PM.

My Cars
    skateboard
    How did you hide all that from your mom? Btw I didn't read your first post it was way to long.
    “If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.”
    ― George Orwell

My Cars
    98 Estoril M3/2, 94 325i
    Oh yea, for those of you who remember, I DID pull this off WITHOUT my mom finding out, haha. Even with the nice shiny intercooler sticking out of my front bumper, she has NO clue. That and the fact that the car is SOOO quiet now. Well not SOOO quiet but quiet enough to make me unhappy that I can't here my Eisenmann like I used to . But that's ok, just gives me a reason to make it louder
    The blow off valve is kinda quiet too, I might start shopping around, but I don't know yet.

I do have a question though, why is it that some turbo'd cars (not specifically ours) chirp whenever they simply rev the motor? Where as I have to start spooling to get it to chirp, just curious.
    Another question, since I've welded on the stock cats to the down pipe, would I have to purchase another down pipe when I get a new exhaust system? just to make it easier to install the new piece?

Traction actually exists, I cannot believe that I have as good as traction as I do. I mean it's not even questionable, the tires I have frigging GRAB, all that makes them slip is the kind of pavement I'm on and even then they still find purchase and launch my happy ass off to redline. And if any of you are curious on what I'm using they are Yokohama Neova's 17x8.5 all around.

The clutch, which is a UUC Segmented Kevlar is holding up perfectly, no slipping, no problems and the thing feels EXACTLY like stock, I'm NOT exaggerating. The car feels and drives just like stock...only when you put your foot into her, she gives you one of the best damn blow jobs EVAR!

I think the smart thing for me to do next is probably brakes. I was driving home the night I got it installed and I was going pretty fast, was coming up on the exit I needed to use and realized there was no way for me to stop in time, haha. So I said oh well and just passed it and used another one, but it dawned on me pretty quick:
    1) This bitch MOVES
    2) Unless I get acclimated to the car quick...I'm gonna need some more toys to keep me from blowin' up.

But for now, I'll have to wait. I am quite broke, tips at work are more or less half of what I was getting before everyones taxes were due and I'm barely able to save for when I graduate, so...yea, that sucks.

All in all, I'm unspeakably happy at how great the kit is. What's even better is that just my buddy and I were able to do it. I love to do things myself whenever possible and it was really great to actually get under my car and wrench away. I was really proud of myself (I know, sounds corny) for being able to lend a hand and do a lot myself.
    Although the instructions were amazing, I woulda paid extra for some color pics, haha. That's just me, it's probably just a habit of being in Graphic Design, but there were some pics where it was difficult to discern certain things.

Again, I am VERy grateful for those who answered my questions, concerns and comments. And for those who I didn't mention...sorry I didn't remember, but I appreciate everyone's comments and advice. It really made being able to do this a lot easier. It's one thing to say something to someone, but for me I have to see and put my hands on it in order to REALLY understand it. Another reason I wanted to work on the car myself, that way if something were to go wrong, I'd know what to possibly look for.

My Cars
    98 Estoril M3/2, 94 325i
    Anything else I can do?

My Cars
    98 Estoril M3/2, 94 325i
    Jeez, the things I do for you guys

My Cars
    '99 M3
    congrats on finally getting everything installed . remember to take it easy for a bit to let the clutch break in properly and also get to a dyno soon to make sure everything is looking good.

My Cars
    Boosted M3’s
    I see some SXI 750's... And congrats on the turbo install
    1997 Cosmos E36 M3/4/5 Boost Logic GT40/94r .85 Technique Tuning
    Stock motor

1998 Estoril E36 M3/4/c4 Steed Speed2 Gt40/94r 1.06 Technique Tuning,
    Built motor, Best ET ( 9.63 @ 142.61 mph MS100+meth ) 10/08/21
    Best mph ( 10.08 @ 144.66mph MS100+meth ) 9/18/19
    build thread:
    http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?2269817-Habbit-continued-Turbo-build-V

My Cars
    93 325iS
    I've never heard of 17x.8.5" tires before, could you elaborate?

Pics of the front, engine bay, etc?

And no you will not need another downpipe, just have the exhaust shop chop it off.

My Cars
    98 Estoril M3/2, 94 325i
    Quote Originally Posted by SiGmA View Post
    I've never heard of 17x.8.5" tires before, could you elaborate?
    ...I'm hoping that's sarcasm b/c I didn't feel like typing 245 35's, pics of the car and engine bay once I clean it.

My Cars
    93 325iS
    No sarcasm, I had never heard of tires by the size of 17x8.5... And I know VW guys who run 205's on them, and then I know people who run 265's on them. So, tire size should be mentioned when talking about tire size, and listing the rim size doesn't cut it.

So when are you hitting the dyno?

Glad you got it installed BTW, my friends and I have been cracking up about how you had to hide it, and now that you actually pulled it off!!

My Cars
    98 Estoril M3/2, 94 325i
    I'll be hitting the dyno maybe this weekend. I'm a bit low on cash b/c tips have been horribly slow at work.

That and I'm about to drop money on Bmuu's wideband. So I'd like to get those installed and then have everything dyno'd.

So you didn't think I could do it without my mom finding out? haha It was funny. She had NO clue why I was gone for a day and a half.

My Cars
    M3/4/5
    Quote Originally Posted by EstorilRoc3060 View Post
    I'll be hitting the dyno maybe this weekend. I'm a bit low on cash b/c tips have been horribly slow at work.

That and I'm about to drop money on Bmuu's wideband. So I'd like to get those installed and then have everything dyno'd.

So you didn't think I could do it without my mom finding out? haha It was funny. She had NO clue why I was gone for a day and a half.
    if i pull the trigger on this AA stg. II i'm eyein up i'd have to do almost the same thing...
    except this one involves a full OBDII S52->OBDI S50 swap AND the turbo/clutch/tranny/diff as well as parting out whatever I remove

oh yea, and I have to hide it from dad!

how old are you that you're hiding this stuff as well?

My Cars
    98 Estoril M3/2, 94 325i
    My whole thing is that I'm about to graduate and my mom would flip shit if she found out I spent the money I did. I'm 25.
    Last edited by EstorilRoc3060; 05-20-2008 at 12:08 AM.

My Cars
    TT Stg2 M3, 17 S1000R
    That and the fact that the car is SOOO quiet now. Well not SOOO quiet but quiet enough to make me unhappy that I can't here my Eisenmann like I used to . But that's ok, just gives me a reason to make it louder
    The blow off valve is kinda quiet too, I might start shopping around, but I don't know yet.

Traction actually exists, I cannot believe that I have as good as traction as I do. I mean it's not even questionable, the tires I have frigging GRAB, all that makes them slip is the kind of pavement I'm on and even then they still find purchase and launch my happy ass off to redline. And if any of you are curious on what I'm using they are Yokohama Neova's 17x8.5 all around.

The clutch, which is a UUC Segmented Kevlar is holding up perfectly, no slipping, no problems and the thing feels EXACTLY like stock, I'm NOT exaggerating. The car feels and drives just like stock...only when you put your foot into her, she gives you one of the best damn blow jobs EVAR!

But for now, I'll have to wait. I am quite broke, tips at work are more or less half of what I was getting before everyones taxes were due and I'm barely able to save for when I graduate, so...yea, that sucks.

Nice man, glad your happy and got it all installed. Thats awesome, i know how you feel, makes me want to go drive like right now...hah. Its good to hear your clutch is holding up, i know my stock one is not going to last forever but its taken a beating so far and is hanging in there like a champ

As for your exhaust, what do you think your going to do? Delete the cats or just get something more free flowing? For you DP just have them cut off at where you welded, no need to buy another unless you intend on selling/keeping the cats etc.

Do you still have ASC, traction control? I do and i can definately say that the power hooks up well but most times i can hear it trying to slip and waht not lol. For your brakes are they just stock, stock pads? I have some aftermarket ceramic pads and once they are warm they BITE! I think i would try different pads before going to a BBK. Depends on how much life you stockers have left
    Did you get rid of your CEL's?
    Any vids? Get out there and drive!
    '97 M3- GC Track/School|Spraco strut bar|X-brace|UUC Swaybarbarians|w/ VMC adj End links| UUC systemU|SouthBend stg5 clutch|Powerflex RTAB/LCAB|UUC Red Tranny mounts|M50mani|Greddy EBC|Innovate LC-1
    M52 Crank, Cams, Pistons, Rods:

My Cars
    93 325iS

I thought you could pull it off, I just thought it was pretty ballsy for a highschooler to do!... Turns out you're not a highschooler. My mom had no problem with me dropping 20k (NO, the turbo stuff is not nearly that much yet thank god... Not for what its going to put to the ground ) on my car in the last 24 months lol...

I've never understood how people count on tips for income..

I'm stoked for you either way man!! I can't wait till my car runs, and hopefully puts down about what yours does (plus a little, but I spent a lottt more plus wayy too much time)

BTW when did you install the clutch, and how long did it take you?

My Cars
    98 Estoril M3/2, 94 325i
    Yes I did get the CEL's to go away, I had my air temp sensor and evap flopped so I put them back and all gone.

No I do not have ASC, in fact when I got the car, soon after the control unit for the asc and abs died, so I have neither, haha.

I wasn't planning on getting a full blown BBK, but maybe a upgrade kit from Stoptech or someone, dunno haven't really looked much, I do need to check the life on them though.

Haha, yea I'm not in HS, but I have NO regrets about blowing all that money on my car before I graduate.

My Cars
    93 325iS
    As you shouldn't! Post college jobs pay better than whatever you do now.

My Cars
    98 Estoril M3/2, 94 325i
    Haha, it depends. I got a friend who works 2 jobs valeting, one at the Westin the other at the Ritz, he makes about 60k a year untaxed...unfair.

My Cars
    Turbo 99' M3
    Nice man congrats, but its not a build, its a kit install !!

Just bustin' your chops. Glad to hear its up and running great. Car looks really nice by the way.

Estoril + boost =

My Cars
    98 Estoril M3/2, 94 325i
    **UPDATE**

Well, after going out in my dad's car last night with him and redlining the new M3 he got, I saw how the oil temp increased pretty quick when getting on it, and considering I live in Texas and our summers are not the coolest, I believe I will be investing in a oil temp gauge and possibly a water temp gauge. I just bought the Innovate wideband today from Bmuu (thanks again Kyle) I still need to install the gauges I have now. I tried to go get it dynoed today since it was a decent day (not being 95 already like the past few days) but they were too busy.
    I'm still loving this thing!! I just can't describe how fun it is!
    Although, I have developed a TINY oil leak. I'm talking you can wipe it all up on your finger and it looks like residue, but no biggie. Looks like it's comin from the oil pan. Which is good it's not the turbo.

I'm pickin' up my buddies video camera tomorrow so I can start takin some vids. Other than that, not much.

My Cars
    2000 M Roadster
    Anything else I can do?
    here's something you can do...give me a ride!! please

I'm hopefully going to get either the stg 1 or 2 in the near future and wouldn't mind seeing what it does to the car

Who did the welding for the dp?

My Cars
    TT Stg2 M3, 17 S1000R
    **UPDATE**

Well, after going out in my dad's car last night with him and redlining the new M3 he got, I saw how the oil temp increased pretty quick when getting on it, and considering I live in Texas and our summers are not the coolest, I believe I will be investing in a oil temp gauge and possibly a water temp gauge. I just bought the Innovate wideband today from Bmuu (thanks again Kyle) I still need to install the gauges I have now. I tried to go get it dynoed today since it was a decent day (not being 95 already like the past few days) but they were too busy.
    I'm still loving this thing!! I just can't describe how fun it is!
    Although, I have developed a TINY oil leak. I'm talking you can wipe it all up on your finger and it looks like residue, but no biggie. Looks like it's comin from the oil pan. Which is good it's not the turbo.

I'm pickin' up my buddies video camera tomorrow so I can start takin some vids. Other than that, not much.
    Nice, definately need the gauges. Make sure you take care of the leak, too bad they couldnt fit you in on the dyno. Enjoy yours!
    '97 M3- GC Track/School|Spraco strut bar|X-brace|UUC Swaybarbarians|w/ VMC adj End links| UUC systemU|SouthBend stg5 clutch|Powerflex RTAB/LCAB|UUC Red Tranny mounts|M50mani|Greddy EBC|Innovate LC-1
    M52 Crank, Cams, Pistons, Rods:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast