Thread: e36 m3 Eisenmann

My Cars
    1998 M3

e36 m3 Eisenmann

I've heard some sound clips of the beautiful sounding Race muffler from eisenmann but was wondering if anyone can give me some feedback on the noise level? (as in droning and at what speed, how much louder than stock)

Also what are the power gains for the race level vs high performance vs sport performance?

Thanks.

My Cars
    1999 M3
    I don't think it drones a lot, but it is super loud.
    Also, the tips are not staggered. THE ONLY HINDRANCE AGAINST ME HAVING IT. Besides the price, of course.

My Cars
    '98 M3
    No drone, Noise-wise (race) its definitely louder than OE, but comparable to Supersprint and Stromung... with Rogue probably being the loudest exhaust (OE cat-back wise). There are no gains to be had with exhausts as they will all give ~5-10hp max, just go by what sounds best to YOU and quality/price.

I have an Eisenmann Race and love it

Mike... aka Track Junkie
    '98.5 M3 Coupe Titan Silver

My Cars
    1999 M3
    ^ Is Rogue really the loudest?
    I always thought Rogue was comparable to the UUC stuff, which I always thought Eisenmann was louder than. But the Eisenmann is definitely one of the higher-pitched, more raw sounding exhausts out there. I love how it sounds honestly.

Mike, PM me some pics of your car! I rarely see Titanium Silver with exterior mods like yours, it gives me inspiration!

My Cars
    1998 M3
    I know the sound is imo the very best sounding, but it's so expensive! omg

My Cars
    2007 335i Coupe
    It is definitely loud, although I barely notice it when the windows are rolled up. I can't think of anyone staring me down on the roads like some coffee can ricers...

Overall, it is a great sounding exhaust but it is far from humble. I don't think you'd be disappointed.
    2007 335i Space Grey Coupe
    2009 128i Alpine Weiss

My Cars
    95 M3 / 98 ZX2 Lemons
    I love my Eisenmann. It doesnt drone at all. It sounds amazing at pretty much every rpm level, but of course WOT sounds the best. I actually prefer the tips over the UUC exhausts and borla. IMO stromung has the best tips ive seen but sound is most important in my book, followed by weight, as none really do anything for performance. Oh yea and how can I forget price haha, the Eisenmann is not cheap at all. I got mine used thankfully, otherwise I would probabaly be driving around with one of the other exhausts ive mentioned.

My Cars
    Imolarot E36 M3
    The exhaust note is really noticeable only when the windows or the folding rear seats are down.

Make sure the exhaust tips aren't touching the rear bumper. The tips are large enough that aligning the exhaust with the cutout becomes tricky.

My Cars
    2007 335i Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by jchennav View Post
    Make sure the exhaust tips aren't touching the rear bumper. The tips are large enough that aligning the exhaust with the cutout becomes tricky.
    +1, I got the 76mm tips because I was worried about this and even those are pretty darn big.
    2007 335i Space Grey Coupe
    2009 128i Alpine Weiss

My Cars
    95 M3 / 98 ZX2 Lemons
    Quote Originally Posted by fisherbln View Post
    +1, I got the 76mm tips because I was worried about this and even those are pretty darn big.
    Yea I always thought the 83mm would be cool but the guy who was selling mine had 76mm. Im glad it was 76mm, 83mm would look huge.

My Cars
    '98 M3, '74 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by savage217 View Post
    Yea I always thought the 83mm would be cool but the guy who was selling mine had 76mm. Im glad it was 76mm, 83mm would look huge.
    I have the 83's, I thought they would be big, but they look just right. They fit very nicely in the cutout in the bumper too.

and there's no droning at all, at cruising speeds < 90mph you can barely even tell you have an exhaust. accelerating you can hear it, but inside the car it's not really that bad. It's just a great sound. and at WOT it just sounds amazing.

My Cars
    1998 M3
    Sweet, makes me want to get it soo badly now (minus the price).

Anyone know some authorized sites that sell eisenmann? I live in Calgary, Canada btw and I tried the local shop but they are a price whore.

My Cars
    '98 M3, '74 2002

My Cars
    1999 M3
    Savage, I thought you had a Stromung!