Thread: Who wants an Aquamist system???

My Cars
    M3Saloon 325iC 525iT

Who wants an Aquamist system???

This is a feeler post to see if there's enough interest in the Aquamist kits before going any further (I need as least 10 buyers).

I am not a distributor, nor am I in any way connected to one. However, I have been in contact with someone who sells the Aquamist systems and is willing to give a "volume discount" to a single buyer. That is, I will be organizing and handling the "volume purchase"; all funds will be sent to me, which I will then forward to the seller in one lump sum. Each kit will be shipped directly from the seller within a few weeks after closing the deal. We are having to handle it this way since Aquamist prohibits their distributors from participating in "group buys". With that, I will NOT give out the seller’s information unless authorized to do so by the seller. If you have specific questions about this purchase, feel free to contact me and I will work directly with the seller to answer them. If you have questions about the product itself, please read through the rest of this post, refer to the imbedded links, and perform a bfc or google search before posting your questions. I will try my best to promptly answer all your questions, but please do your homework first.

Please refrain from replying to this thread if you are NOT going to make a purchase, or don’t have anything positive to contribute. I don't mean to be rude, but I don't have a lot of free time to entertain onlookers. Also, the last Aquamist gb attempt was spoiled due to some very inconsiderate people. Again, please don't reply unless you're serious or have knowledge about the product to share.

Here’s more information about the Aquamist systems, courtesy of NoSoup4U (Thanks James!):

First, the 1S system, as best I can explain it, is good for lo-boost applications. I would surmise anything around 6 lbs and below would be good. The way the 1S system works is by spraying water at some specified point (e.g., RPM range). You will tune the 1S system to spray correctly ONLY at one given point, perhaps you will set it to trigger at 5000 rpms for instance. That's basically how the 1S system works. At a certain RPM, you trigger and spray, and the mixture that is sprayed (if you use methanol for increased octane), will only be correct at that given point. You cannot alter it without retuning everything.

Second, the 2C system. This can be used for a wide variety of boost applications. The way this system works is by flowing a certain spray level matching the injectors duty cycle. It is a proportional flow to the injectors. As you can see, this is more preferable because as you climb to higher rpm's, you are still spraying rather than just at one set point. So, the 2C system basically matches fuel flow.

Third, the 2S system. This is the more complicated system; but, it also grants you GREATER tunability and control over the aquamist system. Rather than matching the fuel flow, the 2S system basically is tuned for each 1000 rpm's that you will go up -- maybe even more specific than that, perhaps every 100 rpm's that you go up. I forgot to ask how specific this was. I know it has a row/gain adjustment on it. But, he said the 2S system gives a person the most control over the amount being injected into the engine -- thus, I would assume it's better than the 2C system.

There are a couple of additional parts you can buy. The first, is the amplifier. It's been found that sometimes with the high speed valve (using the same duty cycle as the injector), the cylinder that the valve is located tends to run leaner than the rest of them. To combat the problem, they developed an amplifier which doesn't take the load off the injector. So, obviously this is more preferable.

The second part is the accumulator. This finds application particularly on the 2C and 2S systems, but equally applicable on the 1S system. Basically, the pump that comes with these systems (and even the 1S), is only good up to 6 lbs of boost. After 6 lbs of boost, the pump cannot really flow higher rates. Thus, enter the accumulator. Basically, it doubles the flow of water (or meth/water) by accumulating it and flowing it when necessary. In other words, the amount of water that your engine can use, is MORE than what the pump can flow at a given boost level, thus, these can be handy as well.

Here are links with more information:

http://www.turbodynamics.co.uk/water.htm

http://www.aquamist.co.uk/

For more information regarding BMW applications, please perform a bfc search. There's a wealth of information in the Forced Induction forum, and the guys there are especially helpful as well.

Now to the details of the volume purchase:

Regular Pricing (which are very reasonable to begin with)
    1S = $420 (basic system. Boost activated.)
    2S = $750 (fully tunable with MF2 controller)
    2D = $640 (Creates 3D water map based on injector PWM)
    2C = $540 (made to be driven by aftermarket ECM)
    Most accessories such as amplifiers and accumulators are available – inquire for availability and price.

Volume Pricing:
    10 or more buyers (in any combination):
    1S = $405
    2S = $735
    2D = $625
    2C = $525
    20 or more buyers (in any combination):
    1S = $395
    2S = $725
    2D = $615
    2C = $515

10% off all accessories (amplifier, accumulator, etc) for anyone purchasing a kit.

All prices include shipping (2nd day priority available for $5), and will be shipped directly from the seller in 2-4 weeks after all funds are received by me and submitted to the seller.

With regard to my integrity, I organized a successful Zionsville Alloy Radiator gb last year, here on bfc as well as dtmpower. I also have a 100% rating on ebay (username: m3525it), and have no hidden agendas. I will not benefit in any way from organizing this volume purchase other than receiving the same discount as those who choose to participate. In short, I am simply another honest BMW enthusiast looking for a good deal that others might also want to take advantage of.

If you are serious and want to make a purchase, please email me your information including:

First & Last Name
    Address
    Phone Number
    Your BFC Screen Name
    Which kit you want

I’ll maintain a list of buyers on this thread so everyone can see where we’re at.

As for payment, I’ve not yet worked out all the details, but here's a start: Paypal preferred, but please include their 3% fee (I am not profiting from this and can’t afford to pay for everyone’s transaction). I’ll see if other payment alternatives are feasible.

Thanks,
    Dom
    /// Technique Tuning Stage 2 Powered /// Auto-to-Manual swap / CES Cut Ring / M50 Manifold / NGKs / VPD Oil Cooler / Aquamist / Zionsville Alloy Radiator / Fan RESTORE - SPAL DELETE/ AA Turbo Clutch / AA Lwt Flywheel / AA DSB / GC Track COs / Motorforce Camber Plates / Strong Strut / UUC Evo III / UUC RSC36 / UUC Swaybarbarians / UUC TMEs / JTD Underpanel / VDO Gauges / PLX M500 / Greddy Profec II / ZKWs / CATZ HIDs / Euro Clears / Blanton 2.93LSD Diff - Uli race proven / Radowski Diff Brace / ALL DIY!

My Cars
    M3Saloon 325iC 525iT
    No one wants an Aquamist system? These are good prices considering the rising euro rate.
    /// Technique Tuning Stage 2 Powered /// Auto-to-Manual swap / CES Cut Ring / M50 Manifold / NGKs / VPD Oil Cooler / Aquamist / Zionsville Alloy Radiator / Fan RESTORE - SPAL DELETE/ AA Turbo Clutch / AA Lwt Flywheel / AA DSB / GC Track COs / Motorforce Camber Plates / Strong Strut / UUC Evo III / UUC RSC36 / UUC Swaybarbarians / UUC TMEs / JTD Underpanel / VDO Gauges / PLX M500 / Greddy Profec II / ZKWs / CATZ HIDs / Euro Clears / Blanton 2.93LSD Diff - Uli race proven / Radowski Diff Brace / ALL DIY!

My Cars
    a
    how many people are in on this? I maybe in if the price is right...

My Cars
    04 330iZHP, 05 325iT
    E-mail sent. I'm in if the kits mail in a month or less.

My Cars
    M3Saloon 325iC 525iT
    Originally posted by DakarDave
    how many people are in on this? I maybe in if the price is right...
    Dave - So far we only have two confirmed:

1) estorilblau
    2) lkstaack

What price point would get you in on this? The seller seems to be reasonable, so if you find the kits cheaper elsewhere, I may be able to get better pricing. Just let me know.

Lars - Got your info. Thanks!

I've posted on dtmpower and roadfly. If you guys know of any other forums or groups that may be interested, please pass on the info. This deal isn't limited to just us bimmerheads.

Thanks.

My Cars
    '99 Alpine White M3
    >>First, the 1S system, as best I can explain it, is good for lo-boost applications. I would surmise anything around 6 lbs and below would be good. The way the 1S system works is by spraying water at some specified point (e.g., RPM range). You will tune the 1S system to spray correctly ONLY at one given point, perhaps you will set it to trigger at 5000 rpms for instance. That's basically how the 1S system works. At a certain RPM, you trigger and spray, and the mixture that is sprayed (if you use methanol for increased octane), will only be correct at that given point. You cannot alter it without retuning everything.<<

basically, your facts are pretty good, and i wish you luck putting this together.. I just want to comment on one of your ideas, re the 1s. YOu say its primarily for low boost, ie 6 psi or so applications. Im running it on my 11 psi system to excellent effect.. Im using the .8mm jet, triggering at 4 psi, or around 4k rpms at WOT. It doestn bog when it comes on at this level, and yet, its still very effective on top, at lowering temps in the IAT by over 50 degrees, and way more than that inside the chamber. The point is, aquamist engineers recommend spraying around 10 to 15% water to fuel. Assuming our FI engines are running about 2000 cc of fuel at the very top. That would mean optimal fluid amounts, when at wot near redline would be anywhere between 200 cc and 300 cc.. Using the Aquamist chart for nozzle flow and pressure, youll find that using the .8mm jet will give you close to the 300 cc, and using a .6mm jet will give you closer to the 200 cc amount.. The point is that, with the 1s kit, just by varying the nozzle sizes slightly, you can have a very effective system at controlling knock, increasing timing, and thereby delivering more power.. I did two back to back runs on the dyno in third gear , the first without the WI spraying, and the second with.. .I picked up nearly 30 rwhp just by turning the WI on! So, to sum up, dont short sell the 1S kit for applications even using boost levels like mine. Its very effective.
    '11 AW 135i ; Sold: '99 White M3 81k mi; Dinan SC kit, 6"/3.48" sc pulleys, Aftercooler: 10.5 psi-367 SAE rwhp/304 rwftlbs @80 degrees ambient (still with OBDII manifold & stock cats); DynoTuning by Nick G (techniquetuning.com); Speed Shop: Imported Cars of Stamford; AA-Aquamist Water Injection, exhaust, clutch; Fikse FM-10s; Koni Suspension; Stealthboxes

http://s11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/boostm3/

My Cars
    F31, E28, E36/7
    I agree with Paul completely. After all, my setup was mirrored off his, 11psi with a 1s and it works perfectly.

I just recently bought a new truck and I have decided to supercharge it. Put me down for a 1s kit as well...

My Cars
    BMW 540is 6sp/ESS
    Intrested but - better GB prices !!!
    [COLOR=Blue][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial]Current M5'00 LM Blue - Twin Rotrexed again !! 25psi S/C, Kelleners cams, worked heads, RD headers, Flanged Sleeves, M11 Steel inserts, M3 studs, 2x3" custom exhaust, UUC V12 280mm Clutch and Flywheel, UUC Shortshift, Brembo GT LM brakes 380(8pot)/345mm discs, KW Type III, DINAN Swaybars, DINAN strut bars, black/LMBlue-Birsch leather interior, Nav & TV, Phonenix Gold 5.1 upgraded audio, xenon, facelifted, BBS LM 19" with Yokahama AVS Sport, 295/30-19", 255/35-19", [unverified 800+hp/800+Nm]

My Cars
    M3Saloon 325iC 525iT
    Paul - Thanks for sharing your findings. It's people like you that make this board a wonderful resource! I am looking at running the 1s kit myself and tweaking it as well. Looks like you've already done the homework for me...Mind if I borrow your copy?

540is - Note that this seller's base pricing is very reasonable when compared to what other retailers are charging (I've surfed for countless hours trying to find cheaper prices, including ebay). Keep in mind these prices are dependent on the euro exchange rate which has been rising. With that, any discount we get on top of the already low base pricing is a good deal. Obviously, the more people we can get the bigger discount. Finally, if you or anyone else can find a lower price, I can probably get the seller to match or even beat it. Just let me know.

Thanks all for replying!

My Cars
    a
    estorilblau - You can count me in if we can get in @ the $405 price point..

-Dave

My Cars
    M3Saloon 325iC 525iT
    Originally posted by DakarDave
    estorilblau - You can count me in if we can get in @ the $405 price point..

-Dave
    Dave - Thanks for the interest. I can sure use your help getting the word out. The more exposure the more people will get in on it. Thanks!

My Cars
    Mazda Rx-7
    i would be interested if we got the gb price.

My Cars
    '99 M3 "BIMMA"

aquamist

I've got a DINAN S/C 99 M3 with upgraded throttle body and exhaust, no other engine mods. Right now I'm living in an area that will eventually see temps in excess of 100-105 and 100% humidity (Dubai). Do you recommend the aquamist system in this case? Also, I've heard without an increase in psi the aquamist can sometimes drop the estimated psi given by the supercharger. Is this true? All I want to do really is keep my hp gains stable and keep the engine a bit cooler. Give me your feedback on what should be done and which system is best.

My Cars
    Mazda Rx-7
    form what i have heard if you just install the aquamist system and dont raise the psi at all or tuen for it then you get alot of detonation resistance or insurance so to speak. i have never heard of it reducing the psi or hp in any way though. if you purchased the 1c system then you could easily raise your boost about 3 psi or so and forget about it. just when your tuning the water injection i have heard its better to choke the car out with water (i mean when the water kicks on the car sorta sputters or what not, not hydrolock your motor) then back it down one jet.

My Cars
    Celica
    So what is the price on the 1s kit so far? so we need at least 10 members or else NO discount?
    Thanks.

David
    Last edited by yellow5thgen; 04-01-2004 at 04:02 AM.

My Cars
    M3Saloon 325iC 525iT
    David - So far there have only been 4 people who have shown interest. Two need their kits right away. I'm trying to get the seller to give a discount with less number of buyers (ie. 5) or a larger discount with more people. But as it stands right now, you care correct in your assumption: less than 10 = no discount.

I'm trying to stay on top of this but personal matters have taken much of my free time. I'll update this thread with any new developments. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by yellow5thgen
    So what is the price on the 1s kit so far? so we need at least 10 members or else NO discount?
    Thanks.

David

My Cars
    E46
    I am looking at the 1s kit as well. Regular pricing is good for me though. Do I still have to wait for 2~4 weeks?

My Cars
    M3Saloon 325iC 525iT
    Quote Originally Posted by vpwseah
    I am looking at the 1s kit as well. Regular pricing is good for me though. Do I still have to wait for 2~4 weeks?
    Unfortunately, Aquamist has just increased their prices and those posted in my original post is no longer valid. Here are the new, non-gb, listed prices:

1S = $510 (Retail $584. Basic system. Boost activated.)
    2S = $924 (Retail $1055. Fully tunable with MF2 controller.)
    2D = $745 (Retail $854. Creates 3D water map based on injector PWM) 2C = $660 (Retail $758. Made to be driven by aftermarket ECM) DDS2 = $170 (Retail $193. Digital flow meter)

I'll work with the seller on a new gb only if there's enough interest.