Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: its official....ATP Turbo kit

My Cars
    BMW 323i 2000

its official....ATP Turbo kit

i will be the first E46 on the east coast to install the ATP Turbo kit on a 2000 E46 323i.....i will be ordering the kit tomorrow and it should get here next thursday....i was also wondering something....could i just buy a boost controller to lower or raise the boost as i wanted????

My Cars
    None

Re: its official....ATP Turbo kit

Originally posted by djyoungz
    i will be the first E46 on the east coast to install the ATP Turbo kit on a 2000 E46 323i.....i will be ordering the kit tomorrow and it should get here next thursday....i was also wondering something....could i just buy a boost controller to lower or raise the boost as i wanted????
    Cool! Yes you can use a boost controller to toggle between high and low boost but how much boost does the turbo kit produce? Is it an external or internal wastegate setup?

My Cars
    E46 330ci turbo, 05 ZHP,
    What is their solution for fueling and spark control? How much boost is the kit running at?
    Nick Glantzis
    2005 330i ZHP auto with Technique Tuning turbo kit (currently For Sale)

My Cars
    BMW 323i 2000
    externel wastegate and they said it should be running at around 11 psi......

My Cars
    None
    Wow.. 11psi eh? Yeah I have the same question as NickG.. what would be controlling the fuel, spark, etc?

techno550 is offline Senior Member Supporting Vendor
    My Cars
    E36's + 300D
    you can only raise boost with a boost controller. to lower it, that is done with altering the wastegate. (if its external, you should be able to get different springs for it.)

-Michael McCoy
    Michael McCoy TRM

My Cars
    BMW 323i 2000
    thats exactly what i want to do....for normal driving i wanna keep it at around 5 or 6 psi and for spirited driving i want about 11psi.....

My Cars
    BMW 323i 2000
    in 3 weeks i'll let everyone know how it goes....

My Cars
    08 M6 Coupe
    awesome!!!!!!!!!!!

My Cars
    330ci
    coool! keep us posted!

www.bluelimited.com

My Cars
    '06 RX-8, '06 MX-5, '04 GTI 1.8T

Thumbs up

I can't wait to see how this works out for you. Congrads on the kit. Hopefully I'll see your car at a meet here in FL sometime soon.

Thomas / 97 M3 Sedan SOLD!

My Cars
    2004 545i, 1995 M3, 1995 Civic "Hooptie"
    11 psi on stock internals not good. Software will be very critical at that type of psi on the stock motor. Don't know what the comp ratio of the E-46 323 is but I venture to say high nime to to ten range.

Your car is going to be a BEAST. I hope this is the kit that will rival the other(s) and maybe we see some needed drastic price cuts. Here to hoping.

My Cars
    11 psi on stock internals not good. Software will be very critical at that type of psi on the stock motor. Don't know what the comp ratio of the E-46 323 is but I venture to say high nime to to ten range.

Your car is going to be a BEAST. I hope this is the kit that will rival the other(s) and maybe we see some needed drastic price cuts. Here to hoping.
    Last edited by Bad Bimr; 01-29-2004 at 07:52 PM.

My Cars
    2004 330Ci
    bad bimr, your car is fin beautiful! what hood is that?

My Cars
    97 S54 z3, 97 M3 no-
    Is this yet another mechtech?

T.
    T.

My Cars
    E46 330ci turbo, 05 ZHP,
    All I have to say is that they better have a DAMN good software solution. 11psi on stock internals and poor tuning/software is a recipe for disaster.
    Nick Glantzis

My Cars
    97 M3/4 - Hurtig/AA TS
    I would think that 11 psi on stock internals and stock compression is probably a recipe for disaster regardless of how good the tuning is...

Especially with something that has the capability to produce that 11 psi somewhere in the mid/upper mid rpm range...

Steve
    Have you been Screwed?

My Cars
    sc/m3,harley's,big turbo evo
    Be careful with that kit.I live close to ATP and there prototype car is always in the shop.Nice looking kit but there may be bugs.
    95 Dinan m3,stg 2 rms

My Cars
    BMW 323i 2000
    software will be tuned....what else should i do besides the turbo to help the reliability of the engine?

My Cars
    BMW 323i 2000
    this is my daily driver..... 1 out of 10 if my chances are around 5 or more that the turbo will wreak disaster on my engine than i prolly wont do it....please rate it and let me know....because this car is my daily driver....please let me know....cuz i'll cancel the order and just get an AA supercharger if i have 2

My Cars
    E46 330ci turbo, 05 ZHP,
    software will be tuned....what else should i do besides the turbo to help the reliability of the engine?
    If the 'software is tuned' via piggybacks and add-on devices, then all I have to say is :eyes1
    Nick Glantzis

My Cars
    F150, Suburban, M3
    *Maybe* they've evolved, but software was never ATP's strong suit when they started out in the VW arena. Most of the original ATP VW turbo guys used EIP's chip because ATP could not get a car to run right...

"It's not the people who vote that count, it's the people who count the votes."
    -DNC

My Cars
    E36 M3
    I would hold out until you get feedback from owners with some mileage on the kit.

I'd never want to be the test dummy on something like a turbo kit from a company new to BMW's.

I think its great that ATP is making turbo parts for BMWs now. Thier stuff is affordable and good quality. Even if it comes with no software it is still a good deal, since you can get a standalone for the money you save compared to the competition. Also, with standalone engine management tuned for your car you are likely to make more power compared to the generic chips/sw supplied by other forced induction vendors.

Keep us updated and show some pictures when you get the parts.

My Cars
    this is my daily driver..... 1 out of 10 if my chances are around 5 or more that the turbo will wreak disaster on my engine than i prolly wont do it....please rate it and let me know....because this car is my daily driver....please let me know....cuz i'll cancel the order and just get an AA supercharger if i have 2
    With 11 psi and 'no name" software, I think I would rank this as 9.99. The engine will not last long. You should not run more then 7-8 psi on a stock motor and this with GREAT software to boot.

I think the Kit looks like a great deal. With time it may be the kit to have.

However presently, YOU WILL HAVE PROBLEMS.

Just my 2 cents

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast