Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mauled by a Supra

My Cars
    95 Avus M3///UUC
    ^cool.... thanks... I had a highway encounter with a supra, It wasnt gnarly fast, but I had no trouble keeping pace and then some...

My Cars
    M Roadster
    Quote Originally Posted by James Bond
    I drove a 570HP (to the ground) AWD eclipse, Pure insanity!
    That thing wouldn't have trouble getting get 1/4 times. Probably threatoning 9s if not in 'em.

98 ///M Roadster - Sharked, FDK, twin Magnaflows, UUC Stage II Flywheel, OEM M5 Clutch, UUC TME Red & Enforcers, Zimmerman rotors, Cosmos CAI, ProjectorZs w DDE, 6K HIDs, fatter rubber on the corners, UUC Underdrive Pulleys, and Stewart High Performance water pump

My Cars
    1995 Cosmos LS1 M3
    I ran with a stock tt supra and I pulled on him. I think the weight had a huge effect because my car is pretty much stock as well
    NEW HEART

If you can't see the future, then you're not driving fast enough

My Cars
    2013 Focus ST
    Quote Originally Posted by rcM3
    Thats how black holes form.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3.2Powerslut View Post
    I think the most these guys will have is knives. I have some paint buckets rigged up in a tree and i tarred the drive way and smashed christmas ornaments. I have done my research.
    Quote Originally Posted by triggrhaapi View Post
    The Hubble space telescope was put into space by Satan to test our faith.
    | Momentum Performance | CIN Motorsports | Top Speed | Berk | Nismo | UpRev |

dirtye30 is offline License Suspended Secret Santa Deadbeat
    My Cars
    safari vehicle
    Supras are so nasty. Have a fun time finding a low mileage turbo manual that hasnt been molested.

But so worth it.

Widebody Supra = teh sex especially from Top Secret. Schwing!

My Cars
    Magnum R/T & Volvo 760 Turbo
    A stock automatic twin turbo supra from a roll are slow.

My Cars
    Z Penis,Ellie,Hooptie JR
    you guys are all wrong
    1. EVERY car can be made fast! shit - i saw a video of a Geo Metro (that's right, the biggest POS car ever made!) running 9.4 second 1/4 mi. It's all about how much money you can put into the car.
    2. You are talking about the car that came from the factory with a turbo. There are easy upgrades you can do to a car to get it into high HP. Look at srt-4, 3000gt, 300zx, mustang cobra, etc. All these cars can be VERY fast with a tiny bit of money in them. Especially cobras - these cars are beastly! I'm sure with the amount of $$$ you put in Supras, you can get a nice Cobra that will DESTROY! any supra out there!
    3. The only good thing about a supra is the fact that they look nice, already turboed and keep their value. Ohh, and also their engines are nice and all, but i'd take a small block over it. Small blocks/Big blocks are beastly!

Current line-up: Z Penis ('03 Z4), Ellie ('87 e30 vert - FS soon), Hooptie Jr ('96 Teggy LS - FS soon)

Quote Originally Posted by roadrace1982
    GIRLFRIEND PREGNANT, WIFE IS MAD!!! ASKING $3000 NEGOTIABLE.

My Cars
    2002 6MT M3
    Quote Originally Posted by shaggsM3
    I ran with a stock tt supra and I pulled on him. I think the weight had a huge effect because my car is pretty much stock as well

It was either an auto on the roll or a N/A supra (or that TT driver sucks and should give up his right to the car) because stock TT 6-spd supra's can run low 13's near 110 trap. In other words, stock TT supra's can hang and beat E46 M3's... so E36's are hardly trouble.
    2002 BMW M3 - Carbon Black / Black - 6MT

///3oris is offline "Diogenes the Cynic"
    My Cars
    '96 M3 Turbo, '04 Yamaha R6
    Bahh... Supra Shmupra.... my friends Civic will eat it alive

Yeah, there are some trophy Supras out there, but it doesn't mean they're all monsters. Many are just BPU+++ or whatver.

Boris
    '96 Cosmos Black M3 422rwhp/407rwtq SAE @ 13psi / 444rwhp/444rwtq SAE @ 14.5psi
    Engine/Drivetrain: Technique Tuning Stage 2 Turbo TT Turbo Exhaust, M50 Manifold, TMS Oil Baffles, SSR Comps, SPEC Stage II Clutch, UUC SSK, Titanium Cavallino Ti-130R Shift Knob, UUC TME, EMC Diff Bolt, RCCA's. Suspension: GC Coil-overs, GC RSMs, GC RTABs, GC Trans Mount; H&R SB. Instrumentation: VDO Boost, VDO Oil Press, VDO Oil Temp, VDO Water Temp, BMW Traffic Pro Navigation, Valentine One TODO: W/A Injection

My Cars
    IG: Clearsandadrop
    Quote Originally Posted by ///3oris
    Bahh... Supra Shmupra....

My Cars
    02 M3, 95 Supra
    Quote Originally Posted by ///3oris
    Many are just BPU+++ or whatver. Boris
    this is so true. you'll find all the hot, big-turbo'd supras at shows and stuff. but for the most part the ones you see on the road are either NA or still with stock twins. I run into very few single-turbos still (I lived in CA up til '05 before you jump on me for KC, although I seem to see SUpras more often here for whatever reason).
    BTW, I don't know why Supras get such a bad rap for launching. Even though I rarely do it, I have a much easier time launching and getting traction with mine better than with my M3.
    But then again with 285 tires you would think so. I beat my 1/4 time of my M3 (when it was 410whp, and I had 6-8 passes or so) with just my first pass with the Supra with 25whp (and 4mph) less.
    However, if we're just talking about 800+whp Supras, well the same traction loss will happen to an 800whp M3.
    Problem is practically none of us are there with our BMWs

...so we knock the Supras. haha, just kiddin'
    1995 Supra turbo, 6sp, 830whp info
    Sold:
    2003 M-B S600 V12 TT Renntech, 527whp info
    2002 BMW M3, 6sp, 325whp info
    1997 BMW M3, 260whp, info
    1995 BMW M3 turbo, 550whp, info
    1997 BMW M3
    1996 BMW M3, stock
    1986 Porsche 951, 338whp
    1986 Alfa Romeo GTV-6
    1983 Alfa Romeo GTV-6
    1975 Alfa Romeo Alfetta GT

My Cars
    Stg 2+ Audi S5
    Quote Originally Posted by shaggsM3
    BS or he was having serious boost leak issues. Auto BPUs (note: no '+') are well capable of pulling on stock '03 Cobras, which I HIGHLY doubt your near-stock M3 can hang with.

Quote Originally Posted by Boosted2003
    A stock automatic twin turbo supra from a roll are slow.
    Wrong.

My Cars
    02 IR
    Quote Originally Posted by M Roady
    That thing wouldn't have trouble getting get 1/4 times. Probably threatoning 9s if not in 'em.

yup, all I remeber about that car is like my face hurting from the accelration

The wastegate was SO LOUD it was hurting my heart

3rd gear in that car felt like 1st gear in my supercharged M

My Cars
    02 IR
    Quote Originally Posted by carrrnuttt
    BS or he was having serious boost leak issues. Auto BPUs (note: no '+') are well capable of pulling on stock '03 Cobras, which I HIGHLY doubt your near-stock M3 can hang with.

Wrong.
    Yea I thought I saw a TT AUTO supra hit a 10 on street tires? It was a video running around the net.

My Cars
    02 IR
    Quote Originally Posted by geftman
    you guys are all wrong
    1. EVERY car can be made fast! shit - i saw a video of a Geo Metro (that's right, the biggest POS car ever made!) running 9.4 second 1/4 mi. It's all about how much money you can put into the car.
    2. You are talking about the car that came from the factory with a turbo. There are easy upgrades you can do to a car to get it into high HP. Look at srt-4, 3000gt, 300zx, mustang cobra, etc. All these cars can be VERY fast with a tiny bit of money in them. Especially cobras - these cars are beastly! I'm sure with the amount of $$$ you put in Supras, you can get a nice Cobra that will DESTROY! any supra out there!
    3. The only good thing about a supra is the fact that they look nice, already turboed and keep their value. Ohh, and also their engines are nice and all, but i'd take a small block over it. Small blocks/Big blocks are beastly!
    ALL of those things listed are the ONLY good things? That sounds like a decent list of GOOD things

I think with the age and way overpricing of the supra I would take a cobra over it in a second

My Cars
    TURBO 99 M3, F82 M4
    you guys are all wrong
    This is very true, a local guy here has a mustang that on low boost (turbo'd) he makes 670rwhp...medium boost is around 900ish and high..well thats just a joke... It rapes alot of supras from what I have heard. I'd rather have the supra for looks.
    Mod list - M50 manifold; TechniqueTuning Stg2, Apex Arc-8, ZKW euro, clear corners Mike R diffbrace, Koni Yell with HR race
    X-brace UCC tranny mounts -BLK/with enforcers, powerflex rtabs,lcabs, AAfanclutch, mishimoto rad, UCC Ultra-cerametallic Clutch.
    You will go through days of joy and days of sadness as the pursuit for power leads to madness...

My Cars
    Audi A6 C6 4.2
    SRT-4- www.stillaneon.com -gay
    3000GT-VR4 is badass
    Mustang Cobra- Lacking class, but I'd still drive one

Anything can be made to be fast, but there is no denying that the Supra is a fuckin monster and with just BPU and ridiculous with major work. Not to mention the MKIV is SEXY as shit.

My Cars
    135i
    I saw a Supra Turbo today, but I couldn't tell if he had any mods or anything. It sounded beastly though.
    E82 135i: Alpine white on black leather; ZSP; ZCW; iPod/USB
    Previous Bimmers owned (from last to first): E46 M3, E34 540i/6, E30 325iS, E34 525i, E30 318i

My Cars
    2002 6MT M3
    A great condition Supra w/ low mileage can sell for $30k+ still - a nearly new conditioned one have sold over $50k before.

What other car can have 100k miles, be over 10 years old, and still cost $20k+ when it MSRP'd at just over double that price?

Supra's are dirt cheap to make fast. Traction wise, they are easier than the M3 of course due to also being able to take much much larger tires.

Auto Supra's are used for faster drag times w/ the use of powerglides for instant. THe 6-speed tranny on the Supra is rock solid also - talk about handling 1000+ rwhp. And the block? Absolutely amazing to hold 800+ rwhp, record being over 1000 rwhp on the stock block. THe brakes? It was rated the best braking car ntil the Carrera GT came out...

It was just a highly overengineered car and its stood the test of time.
    2002 BMW M3 - Carbon Black / Black - 6MT

My Cars
    Charger SRT-8
    you guys are all wrong
    Find me some videos of streetable Cobras running against Hyabusa's from a roll. The Supra is without a doubt the best platform of the cars you listed for making big HP reliably. You go over 600hp in Cobra and you're looking at serious broken pieces.

But sure, you can spend enough money on anything and get big HP but Mustangs are Supras are Apples to Oranges. Some of the top "street legal" drag cars will be Mustangs, but they are full race prepped, on slicks making the same hp as the streetable Supras...

You will NOT see SRT-4s, 300Zs and 3000GTs running under 10sec 1/4s. The Supra and Mustang, yes.

My Cars
    japanese knockoff of superior german engineering
    Quote Originally Posted by mnchvgs79
    It's an exageration obviously, but yes, yes they do.
    it would be the result of a bad driver or high hp on street tires.

My Cars
    TRM Stage I 325is
    i drove a stock supra tt le automatic with 22k miles. looked awesome and sounded the same, but i was honestly a bit let down with its 0-60 butt dyno. i expected it to be alot better than my 328 and i really couldnt feel much of a difference. also drove it for about an hour and a half up and down a mountain, on some longer, faster roads. seemed to have a bit more oomph than my car at such speeds (60-80), but my aunt was in the car so i couldnt really let it rip. steering seemed heavy with little feedback too. turbo sounded amazing though. wouldnt turn down the opportunity to own one.

My Cars
    BEING SLOW**GOTTA PROBLEM**
    Supras are so overrated..I still like Supras but its starting to turn like Hondas where almost everyone has it around the block & everyone throws same SP-71, T55, T78 single turbo setup....Supars are only main for drag cars & just the term we call "DYNO QUEENS"...Dana Westover is actually holding all time record right now with just his TH400 transmission & his T88H single turbo kit & lots more goodies besides the other guys.
    SINBIMMERS

My Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuuuce
    Find me some videos of streetable Cobras running against Hyabusa's from a roll. The Supra is without a doubt the best platform of the cars you listed for making big HP reliably. You go over 600hp in Cobra and you're looking at serious broken pieces.

But sure, you can spend enough money on anything and get big HP but Mustangs are Supras are Apples to Oranges. Some of the top "street legal" drag cars will be Mustangs, but they are full race prepped, on slicks making the same hp as the streetable Supras...

You will NOT see SRT-4s, 300Zs and 3000GTs running under 10sec 1/4s. The Supra and Mustang, yes.

Actually there is a few VR4 3000GT's in west coast that are in low 10 sec range...It's not hard to get those monsters in 10s especially with simple turbo upgrade & few more goodies & easy 11-12s...
    SINBIMMERS

My Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by James Bond
    Yea I thought I saw a TT AUTO supra hit a 10 on street tires? It was a video running around the net.

I'm sure it wasn't a regular automatic Supra that ran that 10 secs if its built BPU++ Supras...Its probably got TH400 transmission swap with is a 3sp GM tranny that pretty much all your 7-9 sec Supra guys are running except Ryan Woon which is worlds fastest 6sp supra.
    SINBIMMERS

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast