Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Killed a GTi VR6 on the interstate

My Cars
    1998 M3
    nice kill

My Cars
    '98 GTi 3L VR6 Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by HellBilly
    oh yah, if that thing had a turbo it would of destroyed me, but then again if iiii had a turbo......but we wont go there
    You can go there...I did.
    If you had a turbo it's true - you'd be way gone!!!
    Later,
    Nater
    '98 GTi 3L VR6 Turbo...Now with 02M 6Speed - '08 Passat 3.6 VR6 AWD dropped on it's nuts.

My Cars
    '97 M3 / '93 Impreza
    haha, yep

My Cars
    Hooptie
    Quote Originally Posted by NoName
    Nice kill!
    Those vr6 guys think they're so fast..
    Especially those corrado guys. (slow)
    Corrado guys? slow? good one

I still think that MK3 is much better then MK4.
    If that was MK3 with few bolt ons you would have big time trouble.

My Cars
    '97 M3 / '93 Impreza
    Quote Originally Posted by DominikM3
    Corrado guys? slow? good one

I still think that MK3 is much better then MK4.
    If that was MK3 with few bolt ons you would have big time trouble.
    i dont think if this guy had a few bolt ons i would of been in any trouble

My Cars
    Hooptie
    I know a guy that pulled 14.1-14.2 in his 98 mk3 with chip, intake, exhaust, 268 cams. Now he got nice turbo in it and runs low 11's

My Cars
    94 corrado vr6
    Quote Originally Posted by NoName
    Nice kill!
    Those vr6 guys think they're so fast..
    Especially those corrado guys. (slow)
    hehe...we don't think we know

nah but seriously the corrado vr6 is faster/lighter then the mk3...i ran a 14.4 w/ chip/intake/exhaust (aluminum flywheel, aluminum crank)...spinning in 1st,2nd, and 3rd...w/ cams and tires i'd like to see 13s...they aren't e46 fast but w/ some mods they can definitely hang w/ e36
    Last edited by Ice Rado; 10-28-2004 at 10:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phanta-Z
    Ahh a classic bimmer owners line. Thats right, youd get that funky little beast (Saxo?) in the twisties!! Oh and dont forget, Im sure the interior on that other car sucks ass, and the engineering simply HAS to be substandard of your finely tuned piece of German-art-cum-race-car-for-the-street. Some of you guys on this board trip me out. If a Bimmer (especially an M car) beats X car in a strait line race, its "M power" this and "German engineering" that. But let one loose, and the excuses fly. Take the race for what it is, and dont denegate your chosen marque with simple minded excuses such as the one above. It makes all you guys look bad.

My Cars
    '98 GTi 3L VR6 Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice Rado

nah but seriously the corrado vr6 is faster/lighter then the mk3...i ran a 14.4 w/ chip/intake/exhaust (aluminum flywheel, aluminum crank)...spinning though 1st,2nd, and 3rd...w/ cams and tires i'd like to see 13s...they aren't e46 fast but w/ some mods they can definitely hang w/ e36
    I've got a turbo vr6 and I can't even SPIN through 3rd.
    You must have been racing on wet leaves...

I'm not debating the fact that your car is quick, but you aren't spinning through all those gears. Plus, if you were there is no way you'd get a 14.4 spinning your tires in all three gears.

Anyway,
    VR6 guys think they are fast in general, yes. I'll agree with that. But for what they are (a vw) they are fast. I don't think any vr6 owner thinks they are faster than an e36 m3...Just b/c they want to race your bimmer doesn't mean they think they are faster, I mean...he could just want to see how much slower he is???

Later,
    Nater
    '98 GTi 3L VR6 Turbo...Now with 02M 6Speed - '08 Passat 3.6 VR6 AWD dropped on it's nuts.

My Cars
    94 corrado vr6
    Quote Originally Posted by Nater
    I've got a turbo vr6 and I can't even SPIN through 3rd.
    You must have been racing on wet leaves...

I'm not debating the fact that your car is quick, but you aren't spinning through all those gears. Plus, if you were there is no way you'd get a 14.4 spinning your tires in all three gears.

Anyway,
    VR6 guys think they are fast in general, yes. I'll agree with that. But for what they are (a vw) they are fast. I don't think any vr6 owner thinks they are faster than an e36 m3...Just b/c they want to race your bimmer doesn't mean they think they are faster, I mean...he could just want to see how much slower he is???

Later,
    *spinning in gear...not spinning THROUGH gears* big difference

i don't really understand it either cuz i know alot of my mk3 friends can't spin 3rd...my friend 'vw thunder' has a s/c vr6 but he has quaife and can't spin em...this has ALWAYS been w/ like no name tires...but i can usually do 3rd w/o much trouble and have already done 4th its not a matter of like i can do it no one else can cuz i've done 3rd in my friends gti vr as well...

just for some info i have a time slip from that day of me running a 14.7 at 89mph...w/ a 2.5 60ft cuz of all the spinning...

anywho...yah i think if i saw an m i'd try to race it not just cuz i thought i was faster only cuz it seems like the only car thats kinda worth racing...its another flat 6 we like to pair up w/...its more fun then anything
    Last edited by Ice Rado; 10-28-2004 at 10:07 PM.
    Ahh a classic bimmer owners line. Thats right, youd get that funky little beast (Saxo?) in the twisties!! Oh and dont forget, Im sure the interior on that other car sucks ass, and the engineering simply HAS to be substandard of your finely tuned piece of German-art-cum-race-car-for-the-street. Some of you guys on this board trip me out. If a Bimmer (especially an M car) beats X car in a strait line race, its "M power" this and "German engineering" that. But let one loose, and the excuses fly. Take the race for what it is, and dont denegate your chosen marque with simple minded excuses such as the one above. It makes all you guys look bad.

My Cars
    1996 GTi VR6
    ok....this thread is hilarious....
    let me set a few things strait..

The mk4's are significatly heavier than the mk3's. I have a mk3 vr6 gti and have beaten the 172hp and the 200hp mk4s by several car lengths. I've also beaten brand new 330xi's by a couple car lengths too. You probably raced the 172 heavier mk4 gti. My car can't really be called slow when you are comparing it to an e36 m3...the speed difference is not that much.

And about what IceRado said.....yes he did run a 14.4 and yes he did spin in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd.....I have video of him doing so....so if you guys need proof then gimme a couple of days and i can get you some.

if it were a mk3 or corrado vr6 with a few bolt ons...yes...you would have some trouble beating him
    Last edited by nikocb; 10-28-2004 at 10:25 PM.

My Cars
    nikocb, watch the profanity in the main forums, please...

My Cars
    1996 GTi VR6
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverStreak
    nikocb, watch the profanity in the main forums, please...
    edited
    haha, whoops...sorry, i'm always in OT

My Cars
    Hooptie
    wow that is turning into vortex now

My Cars
    94 corrado vr6
    Quote Originally Posted by DominikM3
    wow that is turning into vortex now
    well when people diss my car and say i think i'm fast...i like to let them know there are a few out their that can back up that 'thinkin we're fast' statement

My Cars
    Audi mit 3B, VW mit ATW. 08 KTM 250SX-F
    Remember it's just the internet.. No sence in saying something that can't be proven in text or online..

I make the same mistakes myself.. Besides we are VW drivers on a BMW forum
    E46 M3 | 190e 2.3-16 COSWORTH| 2.7T (swapped) B6 S4 Avant | A6 3.0T Avant

My Cars
    1991 325is
    Quote Originally Posted by B4BAR
    Remember it's just the internet.. No sence in saying something that can't be proven in text or online..

I make the same mistakes myself.. Besides we are VW drivers on a BMW forum
    lol tru tru.. kno ur places, bitchs... lol nahh just joken... my uncle has the v10 toureg.. thing halls ass, dont kno botu a VR6 taken a e36 M tho...??
    e30s rule...

GREEK ///M Power!!

My Cars
    94 corrado vr6
    Quote Originally Posted by Grk M Power
    lol tru tru.. kno ur places, bitchs... lol nahh just joken... my uncle has the v10 toureg.. thing halls ass, dont kno botu a VR6 taken a e36 M tho...??
    not saying my cars insane...but if i did race one it'd be all about the driver...the biggest advantage we have is probably weight...where as a corrado only weighs about 2800/2900 w/ driver...and i've got a decent amount of mods done too so it would be close...i'll have to come down to philly one time u take me in the toureg i'll give yah a ride in the rado

My Cars
    1991 325is
    not saying my cars insane...but if i did race one it'd be all about the driver...the biggest advantage we have is probably weight...where as a corrado only weighs about 2800/2900 w/ driver...and i've got a decent amount of mods done too so it would be close...i'll have to come down to philly one time u take me in the toureg i'll give yah a ride in the rado
    sure man, but it better be soon, i think he might trade it in... get this, he wants 2 give in the v10 for a v8 or v6 lol wtf right??? he got the v10 for a nice price, but dont want a diseal ne more... b4 he had the toureg he had a carrado g60, i had it once he got the toureg ( he gave it 2 me) i did a couple bolt on's, that car was deff nto slow, but wasnt fast.. i enededu p selling it, i use 2 beat the heck outta accour v6's...
    e30s rule...

GREEK ///M Power!!

My Cars
    2020 X3 M40
    Nice Kill man, I remember racing a 174hp Golf in my Corolla one time, he had a total of 5 pasengers and I had 2 [including drivers] I had him about a 1/4 of a car length up until the top of 2nd, then it was all over once I hit third, he started to really walk on me then...those things are pretty quick, so good job man.
    Current Car: 2020 X3 M40i
    BMW's owned
    2002 330 ci (my first BMW)
    2011 128i (purchased as a CPO on 11/15)
    2017 X3 Xdrive28i (purchased new for wife on 2/17)

my favorite quote:
    C&D July 08
    Every other manufacturer should give up on building their own cars and just make M3s instead.

My Cars
    2009 BMW M3
    my corrado g60 turbo hangs dead even at 120mph with a modded e36 m3. i made 190whp , 215trq at the wheels....im also running 3.94 fianl drive, so we couldnt race past 130mph... we go to the same mechanic , i belive his mods were lightweight flywheel , exhaust , and intake

My Cars
    97 vr6

nah but seriously the corrado vr6 is faster/lighter then the mk3...i ran a 14.4 w/ chip/intake/exhaust (aluminum flywheel, aluminum crank)...spinning in 1st,2nd, and 3rd...w/ cams and tires i'd like to see 13s...they aren't e46 fast but w/ some mods they can definitely hang w/ e36

Yo, I beleive your times and the Rado might be a hair quicker tham a MKIII, but it's not lighter. Why do you guys think that?
    I am convinced that upon the second coming, Jesus Christ will be vilified as an un-patriotic, hippie, long-haired, anti-war, vegetarian, sissy-man by the American conservative populus. Oh the irony.

Quote Originally Posted by Julias Pleaser
    At least I can die in peace knowing that I lived my life without fear of anything other than herpes.
    Nothing is NWS at my job.

My Cars
    1991 325is
    Quote Originally Posted by fedawg
    my corrado g60 turbo hangs dead even at 120mph with a modded e36 m3. i made 190whp , 215trq at the wheels....im also running 3.94 fianl drive, so we couldnt race past 130mph... we go to the same mechanic , i belive his mods were lightweight flywheel , exhaust , and intake
    u took ur super charger off, n put on a turbo???
    e30s rule...

GREEK ///M Power!!

My Cars
    2009 BMW M3
    Quote Originally Posted by Grk M Power
    u took ur super charger off, n put on a turbo???

yes , turbo is superior in my opinion , if i had my SCer on and made the same whp , the M3 would have burned me on the highway

My Cars
    94 corrado vr6
    Quote Originally Posted by COSMOSIS
    Yo, I beleive your times and the Rado might be a hair quicker tham a MKIII, but it's not lighter. Why do you guys think that?
    i'm not gonna say mine is a ton lighter...but its mos definitely lighter i can assure u that...here are some weights i found...but don't necessarily believe...btw i have canadian spec so mine doesn't have autobelts or kneebars...which add alot of weight
    G60
    90' 2660
    91' 2558
    92' 2675
    VR6
    92' 2800
    93' 2810
    94' 2852

its hard to say cuz a gti is said to be 2811...and i can't see a corrado weighing more...but nonetheless i know mine is lighter...only cuz i've removed alot of stuff...i think next time we hit the track we'll definitely be hittin the scales to find out the real story...NO one seems to really know

Puget Sound, WA - San Juan MM Philippines
    My Cars
    97 M-Technic 328i * 06 Navigator * 08 C350
    Quote Originally Posted by B4BAR
    Any idea if it was a MK3 or MK4?

MK3 has 172 HP stock, and a MK4 (24v) has 200 HP stock. Both are hard to get good gains from unless you give them boost. The current craze in the VW camp is the 1.8t.

A passat which is heavier than a GTI or Jetta can and will do a 14.7 in the 1/4 with a good driver, and only a simple APR, or Garret chip. I have been at import drags and watched MK4 GTI 1.8t's (with only a chip) get 14.5s down the strip. not too shabby for a front wheel drive german car.

I want a 6 Cylinder German car again, (had a VR6) I am after BMW for my fix though, they seem to produce good power from the factory, and can do quite a bit with what they have..

I wish I could have been able to listen to that race.. The VR6 and BMW M engines are my two favorite sounding in the current market.
    Man, stay with a Bimmer. I had just sold my 2002 APR Stage III Passat in May.. I enjoy driving my stock 328i so much more!! You can just tell the car's were meant to drive! Even though my car had a lot of HP, there is a huge difference in the feel from FWD to RWD.. and my E36 is lighter than my Passat was by about 500lbs..

Don't worry, I shall turbo again...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast