Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: e36 M3 drift build

My Cars
    turbo e36 M3

e36 M3 drift build

So i just recently upgrade from my e30 to a e36 m3, i traded my shell for the m3 shell and i am going to be putting my engine in it. the engine is a built bottom end NVm50 turbo. here are some pics, i dont have many right now but i will update as i go.

Will be stripping all this wiring and putting in painless wiring. forget all this wiring, such a nightmare LOL

my e30

the engine going into the m3

video of me drifting.

My Cars
    S13, Turbo M3
    What turbo? How much power? Sounds great open dump

Put an air filter on that thing!

-Mike
    IG: @mikevanshellenbeck

My Cars
    turbo e36 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeE36 View Post
    What turbo? How much power? Sounds great open dump

Put an air filter on that thing!

-Mike
    hx35, right now 320hp, 306tq on 20psi with a street tune, im using a vems standalone, i feel like i could gain a lot more power once i get it dyno tuned. and i never drive without an air filter :p Also i have been going through your build thread trying to get ideas for my car. Have any tips for the painless wiring on your car?

My Cars
    S13, Turbo M3
    Quote Originally Posted by derrty30 View Post
    hx35, right now 320hp, 306tq on 20psi with a street tune, im using a vems standalone, i feel like i could gain a lot more power once i get it dyno tuned. and i never drive without an air filter :p Also i have been going through your build thread trying to get ideas for my car. Have any tips for the painless wiring on your car?
    Glad you run a filter! That's always a no no, especially drifting with dirt/tires/crap flying everywhere lol

Sounds like you have a lot of power on the table in the tune. Get that sucker tuned, should be able to make 400+ no problem on that turbo

For the painless, don't really have any tips, it's pretty simple. Just make sure to lay out all your looms roughly where they're going to go in the car and cut them shorter so you don't have a ton of extra wire you have to hide somewhere behind your dash

If you have specific questions when you do it, just PM.

-Mike

My Cars
    turbo e36 M3
    Glad you run a filter! That's always a no no, especially drifting with dirt/tires/crap flying everywhere lol

Sounds like you have a lot of power on the table in the tune. Get that sucker tuned, should be able to make 400+ no problem on that turbo

For the painless, don't really have any tips, it's pretty simple. Just make sure to lay out all your looms roughly where they're going to go in the car and cut them shorter so you don't have a ton of extra wire you have to hide somewhere behind your dash

If you have specific questions when you do it, just PM.

-Mike
    thanks a lot dude, hopefully sometime once i get the car back together i will get it dyno tuned and have somewhere around 450. i would be happy with that. I will keep reading up on your build but once i get around to do the wiring ill probably have questions lol also im pretty new to e36's, anything i should address on the chassis for anything once i start tearing into it more? so far i ordered ecs tuning ss braided brake lines, vac motorsports solid engine and trans mounts with the adjustable trans mount, vac oil pan baffle, spherical rtab, plan on running 75d subframe bushings with stock diff mounts(chelsea recomended this to me)

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    I hate you cory. Hate you so much. Traitor!

Status: Someone put glitter in my oil. Wait. Why's all my oil outside the engine? What's that knocking?

My Cars
    turbo e36 M3
    And i still love you yoshi

My Cars
    1975 bmw 2002 1992 325is
    Do you happen to have a build thread of the motor or some more specifics on the engine?

My Cars
    turbo e36 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by zturnidge View Post
    Do you happen to have a build thread of the motor or some more specifics on the engine?
    Specs on engine:

Bored .020
    Wiseco 9:1 pistons
    Stock reconditioned rods
    Clevite rod bearings
    Vacmotorspor main bearings
    Arp head studs, main studs, and rod bolts
    Saftey wire oil pump nut
    O-ringed block
    Oem VR head gasket
    Stock head
    Siemens 80 lb injectors
    I did all the engine work minus the machining.
    Hear are pics of the build. Just keep going forward threw the built thread. U will see all of the pics http://www.e30tech.com/forum/showthr...=87351&page=26

My Cars
    94 325is, Honda passport
    You had a clean e30. Thats rare around my parts. And an even cleaner m3. This will be a fun build to follow.

My Cars
    turbo e36 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by NERP fab View Post
    You had a clean e30. Thats rare around my parts. And an even cleaner m3. This will be a fun build to follow.
    Thanks, but the e30 wasnt that clean, before i traded it, i got rear ended. i fixed it the best i could, then i found this guy who was parting his m3 and wanted to put the s50 in an e30, so we traded shells.

got some goodies today
    Last edited by derrty30; 11-29-2012 at 12:40 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    turbo e36 M3
    some other parts, just got my wilwood brackets for my dual caliper setup in the rear and my 75mm extended wheel studs.

My Cars
    95 325is.
    sooo nice.

My Cars
    turbo e36 M3
    thanks, i also got some breyton magics over the weekend. fronts are 18x8.5 et13 with 225/40 rear are 18x9.5 et19. with 255/35. not sure how they will fit. might sell them and get something different. not sure yet

My Cars
    1986 325e
    Love it. I'll be following this.

My Cars
    95 325is.
    are the wilwood calipers second hand? i ask because the letters on one are little faded, if yes how much did it cost.

My Cars
    turbo e36 M3
    I bought the wilwoods new. I pulled them off of the e30. Some of the parts im using are from the e30. And i actually just sold the wilwoods because the e36 m3 brackets take a bigger 4 piston caliper.

And the calipers in the pic were 100 each from jegs and the pads were 80 from jegs. The asd hand brake was 200 and the brackets were 250ish. And the custom made lines were 45ish
    Last edited by derrty30; 12-05-2012 at 12:08 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    95 325is.
    damn! its like $900 on just the e-brake .

my home made e-brake (inline) cost me like 50dlls on material, 50dlls on the wilwood cylinder and some lines, works very good.

My Cars
    turbo e36 M3
    haha yeah, sometimes i wish i just did a pass threw, but oh well. makes the car more baller like that lol

My Cars
    VW TDI
    Thanks, but the e30 wasnt that clean, before i traded it, i got rear ended. i fixed it the best i could, then i found this guy who was parting his m3 and wanted to put the s50 in an e30, so we traded shells.

got some goodies today
    Far cleaner than the other 2 e30's i've owned

guess this thread means it's time for me to start a build thread with progress on the e30 you traded me?

excited to see what you do with this shell!
    - Brad

My Cars
    turbo e36 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by klodkrawler05 View Post
    Far cleaner than the other 2 e30's i've owned

guess this thread means it's time for me to start a build thread with progress on the e30 you traded me?

excited to see what you do with this shell!
    haha for sure dude! excited what you do with the e30 aswell

My Cars
    S13, Turbo M3
    thanks, i also got some breyton magics over the weekend. fronts are 18x8.5 et13 with 225/40 rear are 18x9.5 et19. with 255/35. not sure how they will fit. might sell them and get something different. not sure yet
    That rear offset is super low and won't fit unless you pull the fenders super far and run stretch or cambered a bit (and you don't want rear camber drifting really)

I ran 18x9.5 +35 on my old E36 and I had to pull the fenders quite a bit to get them and 255/35-18 star specs to clear without rubbing bad (and that was at -1.5* rear camber)

My Cars
    turbo e36 M3
    That rear offset is super low and won't fit unless you pull the fenders super far and run stretch or cambered a bit (and you don't want rear camber drifting really)

I ran 18x9.5 +35 on my old E36 and I had to pull the fenders quite a bit to get them and 255/35-18 star specs to clear without rubbing bad (and that was at -1.5* rear camber)
    damn...LOL ill probably just clean them up and post them for sale then haha

SLR is offline Senior Member Supporting Vendor
    My Cars
    '08 E46, E36,
    Crazy talk, just get in there with a 4lb and seriously try to kill zombies, it will move, just takes some dedication. Other tools required: RedBull, 64oz Gatorade

My Cars
    turbo e36 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by SLR View Post
    Crazy talk, just get in there with a 4lb and seriously try to kill zombies, it will move, just takes some dedication. Other tools required: RedBull, 64oz Gatorade
    i will literally do this if you hook me up with an angle kit for free

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast