BMW of Bloomfield

Thread: Classic 1981 528i

My Cars
    2002/E24/E12

Classic 1981 528i

Hi,

Up for sale is a 1981 BMW 528i. It is a 5 speed car with the fuel injected engine. It spent most of it's life in B.C. (where they don't salt the roads) and has spent the past 10 years inside a barn. It is dirty, and needs some work and cleaning, but is a very solid car.

Before it was parked, it ran and drove. Have not tried to start it since then.

The interior is in excellent shape. The paint is slightly faded but is in good shape overall, considering it's the original paint. Of course it won't be so pretty under the bird shit. There are a few small rust spots, mostly on the drivers side. The bottom inside of the drivers door has a few areas of rust, as does by the rear of the engine bay on the drivers side. The worst instance of rust is on the drivers side rear quarter panel, and it is not that bad. The rear shock towers are in excellent shape, with no rust or rot, just like the underbody.

This car basically just needs some cosmetic TLC and a tune-up. Lubricate the brakes, change the fluids, new tires, etc... overall it's a solid starting point. You can address the paint issues under the bird poop or leave it alone.. just depends on what your goals are for the car.

These cars are getting incredibly rare, and finding one in this shape is even rarer. I do not have a set price in mind, as I have no market value to base the value of this car on - look at how many have been for sale locally recently. None! Make me a fair offer. I can be reached via PM and then email or phone. The car is located just outside of Toronto, Ontario if you would like to see it in person first.

Yes, the car is located in Canada. If a US buyer was seriously interested, shipping could be arranged. We are about an hour from Buffalo, NY.

This car has spend the last 10 years inside. If we don't receive any reasonable offers, it will stay inside for the next 10, at which point these cars will be all the more valuable. We just have too many other projects on the go to deal with it.

We also have black 1978 E12 530i, automatic, that has been sitting outside. It would make an excellent parts car. It is shown in some pictures. It would be sold without the wheels currently on it, and without an ignition. This car could be worked into the deal. It was also running before parked.

*** would consider trades for 2002s, E24 6 series, and E9 BMWs only.

My Cars
    2002/E24/E12
    Bump!

2 interested parties coming by this week.

My Cars
    2002/E24/E12
    ....bump..

My Cars
    2002/E24/E12
    No one wants a nice project?

Shoot me an offer.... I'm not expecting 4 or 5k for this car in it's state haha. Fixed up & running I probably would!

My Cars
    One too many....
    GLWS, that car has the same color combo as mine, inside and out. Mine was an auto though.
    It would make a excellent starting platform for a awesome E12 project.
    Mine: 1988 635CSi Euro in Diamantschwarz Metallic, 1989 ALPINA B10 3.5 in Alpineweiss II, 1981 528i in Kastanienrot-Metallic, 1958 Isetta 300 currently in rust repair
    In the family: 1958 Isetta 300 in Federweiss/Pastellblau, 1987 635CSi, 2000 M5
    My YouTube Channel

My Cars
    2002/E24/E12
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevor M View Post
    GLWS, that car has the same color combo as mine, inside and out. Mine was an auto though.
    It would make a excellent starting platform for a awesome E12 project.
    Definitely! It's one of my fav colours for an E12. Would look great next to an Inka Orange 2002. I love your E12 btw! Hey if you want this one too you won't have to worry about importing/exporting it!

My Cars
    2002/E24/E12
    Bump

My Cars
    1997 BMW 528i
    Do you know whether this car meets US emission standards? I know some of the e12's made for markets outside the US did not have catalytic converters.

My Cars
    2002/E24/E12
    Quote Originally Posted by Maineiac 1 View Post
    Do you know whether this car meets US emission standards? I know some of the e12's made for markets outside the US did not have catalytic converters.
    I'm pretty sure the car did come with a catalytic converter. I think the US and Canadian cars were pretty much the same (look at the bumpers!) minus the instrument cluster.

The car is 31 years old so anyone can import it into the US with the 25+ year rule.

Worst case scenario, go to an exhaust shop and get a magnaflow universal cat welded on.

The E28s came with cats, so I'm 99% sure this one has one too.

My Cars
    2002/E24/E12
    No one wants to make me an offer?

My Cars
    81,86,88 635CSi, 88 M6

..even with bird shit

hello.. do you still have these two?.. or the 535...and i am wondering how much to haul the lot to nova scotia..

My Cars
    2002/E24/E12
    Quote Originally Posted by mickincan View Post
    hello.. do you still have these two?.. or the 535...and i am wondering how much to haul the lot to nova scotia..
    Yes they are all still here, I have never dealt with a shipping company but could look into it. PM me if you want to talk more...

Tenant at our farm works in the shipping industry so I can see if he knows someone who could do it.

My Cars
    2002/E24/E12
    Need offffeeeerrrsssss

My Cars
    2002/E24/E12
    Bump it.....

At this point I think I may be buying the car off my old man and turning it into a 4th project car for myself.... like Trevor M said would be a great start to an E12 project.

My Cars
    2002/E24/E12
    She's ready for some loving.

I want to give it to her but have no time.

My Cars
    520 e12 '74
    Hey everyone, how are you?

I'm new here and recently got an 520 e12. Its in good shape, but i want to upgrade the suspension and power train.

I'm thinking about the m60b30 v8 to put inside and a nice gear box that fits, but i'm not shure how much of adaptation it will require. Anyone know something about this swap? Would it be a good idea, considering spare parts and maintenance?

Thank you very much for any insight and long live the e12's!!

My Cars
    1976 bmw 530i
    Is this car still for sale? Very interested!!!