Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: My DIS/INPA/SSS/CARSOFT/NAVCODER Interface.

My Cars
    x3 2L 177hp diesel
    I believe this is the appropriate thread where to ask...I have a modified KKL VGA interface and I am wondering which are the actual limitation of this interface when used with INPA/DIS/SSS. in other words what CAN NOT be done with this interface with INPA/DIS and SSS softwares?
    I could show my german car but I prefer to show an italian product ...my wife's boobs

My Cars
    '99 323is, '00 323i 528i
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysis View Post
    49 Spannungsversorgung aller Ventilen
    49 Power supply to magnetic valves

Quote Originally Posted by Lysis View Post
    50 Drosselklappensteller mekanisch defekt
    50 Throttle valve mechanical defect

Can't say that I have seen those come up before. Might try clearing them and see if they return.

My Cars
    2000 Z3 M Coupe
    Thanks for that Kevin. I now have a proper idea of why my brakes lock, that code 49 seems to suggest that the electronically activated release valves in the abs pump are not being properly powered. This throws my lock-ups into perspective, the abs works by releasing the braking pressure in proportion to the amount of wheel locking the senors report. So if those pressure release valves don't activate then I'm just going to get full braking force applied to the disk, which is what is happening.

*edit* Finally I have manged to fix it. Turns out the connection of the wiring harness to the ABS pump was wonky. So I put some electrical spray on it reconnected it, drove the car and re-diagnosed to find that it had fixed my issue.

Thanks to everybody in this thread who helped me get my interface working properly.
    Last edited by Lysis; 02-24-2012 at 07:51 AM.

My Cars
    BMW
    Hi, I have read through the full 11 pages, and I am really sorry, but I am confused. Situation is:

I have a Blue VAGCOM cable with a BL chip inside, and a 20 pin OBD convertor cable. I have a laptop and desktop pc with various software installed.

WITHOUT modification I can use INPA in windows XP, Carsoft 6.1.4 in Windows XP, but I cannot use DIS or INPA inside VMWare.

Everything loads, and I have followed online guides to the letter to get the install done (EasyDIS v44)

Will the modifications detailed here allow me to read faults with DIS in VMWare? I have been told elsewhere that I need a remote head emulator, but this isnt mentioned on here?

Thanks in advance.

My Cars
    See signature
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalfriction View Post
    Hi, I have read through the full 11 pages, and I am really sorry, but I am confused. Situation is:

I have a Blue VAGCOM cable with a BL chip inside, and a 20 pin OBD convertor cable. I have a laptop and desktop pc with various software installed.

WITHOUT modification I can use INPA in windows XP, Carsoft 6.1.4 in Windows XP, but I cannot use DIS or INPA inside VMWare.

Everything loads, and I have followed online guides to the letter to get the install done (EasyDIS v44)

Will the modifications detailed here allow me to read faults with DIS in VMWare? I have been told elsewhere that I need a remote head emulator, but this isnt mentioned on here?

Thanks in advance.
    It should work after you do the mods here, although most people don't run INPA in a VM, just DIS, which then connects to the running instance of IFHSrv32 on the host system. DIS runs on SCO Unix, so you can't run it and INPA on the same system, VM or otherwise (where "system" means an isolated computing environment, not a "computer"--you can, of course, run them on the same computer, you just need a VM for one of them and that'll end up being DIS unless you're a mad hacker). (Note that you can set up everything with one VM running INPA/EDIABAS/IFHSrv32 and another VM running DIS, which is how I have it set up, but that's more complicated and not what most people seem to have done.) The diag head emulator is the "old" method; the newer methods obviate it.
    1991 MR2 NA | 1988 M5 | 2000 740i Sport | 2004 M3 |
    2009 SMART | 2006 S2000 | 2005 120i | 2006 S500

My Cars
    BMW
    Quote Originally Posted by ac4000 View Post
    It should work after you do the mods here, although most people don't run INPA in a VM, just DIS, which then connects to the running instance of IFHSrv32 on the host system. DIS runs on SCO Unix, so you can't run it and INPA on the same system, VM or otherwise (where "system" means an isolated computing environment, not a "computer"--you can, of course, run them on the same computer, you just need a VM for one of them and that'll end up being DIS unless you're a mad hacker). (Note that you can set up everything with one VM running INPA/EDIABAS/IFHSrv32 and another VM running DIS, which is how I have it set up, but that's more complicated and not what most people seem to have done.) The diag head emulator is the "old" method; the newer methods obviate it.
    Thankyou for your reply, I have not done anything with IFHSrv32, but following your post I have googled and found instructions, will try when I get home !
    Last edited by digitalfriction; 03-01-2012 at 06:34 AM.

My Cars
    2003 BMW 318D Sedan
    Hello, first I would like to thank you all for the great information.
    I have ordered a Vagcom cable KKL 409.1 with FT232RL chip set.
    I would like to mod it to do a real ignition and battery recognition.

Now the problem I have is that I have never soldered before. So I need some help with choosing the right resistors.

1 resistance of 4.7 kohm

So what wattage should the 4K7 resistor be?

1 resistance of 10 kohm

Same question as 4K7.
    Also does 10K mean 10 kohm?
    And I also read that 10 kohm is minimum should i buy higher? if so how much?

1 transistor BC546

Will this one do?

Also I will be using this solder. Is it ok for this kind of job?
    Technical Details

• Leaded
    • 0.5mm diameter
    • 38% Lead, 60% Tin, 2% Flux
    • Flux core
    • Melting Point: 183 degree

I am sorry for all the questions but I have to be sure.

All help appreciated.

My Cars
    08 X3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasoy View Post
    Hello, first I would like to thank you all for the great information.
    I have ordered a Vagcom cable KKL 409.1 with FT232RL chip set.
    I would like to mod it to do a real ignition and battery recognition.

Now the problem I have is that I have never soldered before. So I need some help with choosing the right resistors.

1 resistance of 4.7 kohm

So what wattage should the 4K7 resistor be?

1 resistance of 10 kohm

Same question as 4K7.
    Also does 10K mean 10 kohm?
    And I also read that 10 kohm is minimum should i buy higher? if so how much?

1 transistor BC546

Will this one do?

Also I will be using this solder. Is it ok for this kind of job?
    Technical Details

• Leaded
    • 0.5mm diameter
    • 38% Lead, 60% Tin, 2% Flux
    • Flux core
    • Melting Point: 183 degree

I am sorry for all the questions but I have to be sure.

All help appreciated.
    If you've never soldered before you probably won't be very succesfull.

Trust me when I said the chip is tiny if you have no experience in soldering your going to burn the legs off the chip. The pictures on here make the chip look somewhat of a decent size to work on but its TINYYYYYYY

Should just order the complete kit with Cds, and cable fully modified for ~$40 on ebay.

My Cars
    2003 BMW 318D Sedan
    Quote Originally Posted by freebo86 View Post
    If you've never soldered before you probably won't be very succesfull.

Trust me when I said the chip is tiny if you have no experience in soldering your going to burn the legs off the chip. The pictures on here make the chip look somewhat of a decent size to work on but its TINYYYYYYY

Should just order the complete kit with Cds, and cable fully modified for ~$40 on ebay.
    Well I will practice before i try to mod the actual cable. Can't be that hard. Nothing beats the feeling that you get when you do it yourself.
    But if all else fails could you link me to the kit? or what do i type in to ebay to get to it?

is there a big diffrence between 1/4w and 1w ressistors?

My Cars
    BMW
    Hi,

I have followed the instructions and have modified ediabas.ini and started IFHSrv32.exe. However when I try to test the connection from DIS in VMWare it fails. Can anyone point me to the instructions for getting DIS in VMWare to communicate with a VAGCOM cable? there are a lot of instructions online, but I have not found a set that covers specifically this?

I have not modified the cable, this is only because it works in INPA and Carsoft, so in my mind this says that the cable is capable of communicating ok? I have also programmed the car to have autolocking, so I know it works in both directions.

is my assumption right or wrong here? Does the cable have to be modded for DIS, and if so, can anyone explain why?

My Cars
    See signature
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalfriction View Post
    Hi,

I have followed the instructions and have modified ediabas.ini and started IFHSrv32.exe. However when I try to test the connection from DIS in VMWare it fails. Can anyone point me to the instructions for getting DIS in VMWare to communicate with a VAGCOM cable? there are a lot of instructions online, but I have not found a set that covers specifically this?

I have not modified the cable, this is only because it works in INPA and Carsoft, so in my mind this says that the cable is capable of communicating ok? I have also programmed the car to have autolocking, so I know it works in both directions.

is my assumption right or wrong here? Does the cable have to be modded for DIS, and if so, can anyone explain why?
    Take this one step at a time and make sure that DIS is connected to IFHSrv32 first before worrying about whether it can use the cable (I think it does require the modification, but I can't remember for certain at the moment). If it's connected, you will see the host IP of the DIS VM on the IFHSrv32 task bar tab. If it doesn't show anything, you're not connected and you need to figure out why your DIS VM can't reach your host (check firewalls and other network settings).

My Cars
    See signature
    Finally got around to testing the two circuit mod I described earlier and I can confirm it works: INPA battery circle comes on when the cable is connected to the car and ignition circle comes on when the key is rotated to the on position. In other words, it'll make your cheap VAG-COM USB cable operate like the fancier cables (e.g., those with the ADS/OBD switch). Tested with INPA, DIS, and SSS.

Here's my post about it in case building one circuit ain't good enough for ya:

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...&postcount=244

My Cars
    2003 BMW 318D Sedan
    So I received my cable today.
    But when I opened the cable case there was no label on the chip.
    I was wondering if someone could tell me what chip I got.
    Or how I could find it out for myself.

Here are the images of the cable:

* I added the text on the silver chip and on the small chip on the back as it was not visible.
    * I am not 100% sure that I got the small chip code correct as it was written in tiny letters.

Quick question:

It looks like there are pins connecting on the chip.
    Should I leave them or try to separate them?

-----------------------------------------------------------------

You were right freebo86 the chip connectors are very tiny hopefully everything will go well.

My Cars
    2006 bmw 325i
    Hey guy....

I have an elm327 obd2 cable and I open it up and that the elm327 have FT232RL chip also.. So I modified it like how this thread did but still can't get it to work. Keep getting error 003 and 008..
    Last edited by saeng; 03-09-2012 at 08:26 PM.

My Cars
    no BMW
    In your case, the FT232RL also acts like a serial to USB convertor but the ELM cable is very different compared to a regular VAG-KKL. The ELM won't work with INPA and can't be modded this way.

My Cars
    2003 BMW 525D Touring
    Hi!

I bought this cable:

And do this geargrinder mod: http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...8&postcount=77

But in inpa no real ignation detect, the 2 circle is white. I need ignation detection, so what can I do whit this?

Thank You!

My Cars
    e30 323i
    Ohhh! My head spinning reading all the 11 pages. I've got the kkl with the BL chip that i intend attempting.

The reason for this post is to:

1) Thanks to all who have contributed and
    2) To thank those in advance, who are going to help me, when and I have any questions.

geargrinder is offline Having No Trouble Here BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    E46M3Cic E39.540iT E84X1
    Quote Originally Posted by spider2 View Post
    Hi!

I bought this cable:

And do this geargrinder mod: http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...8&postcount=77

But in inpa no real ignation detect, the 2 circle is white. I need ignation detection, so what can I do whit this?

Thank You!
    Didja bridge 7 & 8 ? And do you have a pic after you modded?

If that is really yours and not just a web-found-pic, that by the way is the exactly specific version of the cable I don't like as it's a PITA to solder without screwing up one of those resistors close to the chip, AND is a real cheap PCB that will pull up traces very easily. It's marginally doable but not as easy and forgiving of errors as some of the others. I have a post on the whole story somewhere...
    2003 M3CicM6 TiAg
    2002 540iT Sport Vortech S/C 6MT LSD TiAg
    2008 Audi A3 2.0T DSG (the daily beater)
    2014 BMW X1 xDrive28i (wifemobile)

Former:

1985 MB Euro graymarket 300SL
    1995.5 Audi S6 Avant (utility/winter billetturbobattlewagen)

My Cars
    BMW E90
    I made the HW mod for my interface for ignition detection and the bride between pin 7 and 8. My car is a BMW E90 from 06/2007.

Nevertheless I can't access all modules.

Accessible modules (examples):
    ECU, Instrument cluster

Not accessible modules (examples):
    Park Distance Control, Air conditioning, Light switch center LSZ, ...

What could be wrong?
    Last edited by forenuser; 06-06-2012 at 05:54 AM.

My Cars
    BMW 1998 3rd
    You need a K-DCAN interface for your car sir not just a simple KKL one
    Good luck

My Cars
    1995 BMW e36 compact m43
    Hello, can anyone help me?
    I have a VAGCOM KKL cable, has circuit a 7 and 8 pins.
    My car is BMW e36 compact 1995y, using obd to 20 adapter.
    Can connect to: Airbag, ABS, ZKE. But i need to connect to my dme.
    (seems to be DME 1.7)
    I tried to use Inpa, Carsoft 6.1.4, BMW SCANNER DEMO, but cant connect to DME.
    What i am doing wrong?
    Thanks

My Cars
    BMW E36 Sedan
    Nice work!

My Cars
    323i
    Quote Originally Posted by spider2 View Post
    ...But in inpa no real ignation detect, the 2 circle is white. I need ignation detection, so what can I do whit this?

Thank You!
    Do the mod shown here in the thread on the first 2 pages. Itīs working on this cable. Have done the mod yesterday with a cable like this and itīs working fine.

Quote Originally Posted by sanyo92 View Post
    ...Can connect to: Airbag, ABS, ZKE. But i need to connect to my dme.
    (seems to be DME 1.7)
    I tried to use Inpa, Carsoft 6.1.4, BMW SCANNER DEMO, but cant connect to DME.
    What i am doing wrong?
    Thanks
    You need an ADS interface, without you canīt communicate with your dme.
    Last edited by Stullen Andi; 01-10-2013 at 11:58 AM.

My Cars
    2001 BMW E39

FT232RL true ignition

Can anybody put a picture of the "true ignition and battery" for the FT232RL chip (a completed physical module)? Or at least how to connect the resistors and transistor... I read the entire thread and did not figure it out...

My Cars
    M3 CSL
    Quote Originally Posted by yoice2005 View Post
    Can anybody put a picture of the "true ignition and battery" for the FT232RL chip (a completed physical module)? Or at least how to connect the resistors and transistor... I read the entire thread and did not figure it out...
    Tested multiple times - FT232RL modified in the same way as thr FT233BM/L for real ignition detection. Works perfectly with INPA, DIS and ISTA-D

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast