Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: BMW Scanner 1.4.0 DIY Read error messages/code car options

My Cars
    2003 330ci
    m pa soft sees about 10 module out of the box....the zke, ike, srs, dme, lcm....etc....wont see the abs module....i guess i can look at it to see what the pin configuration looks like.

my car has the same 500 idle problem posted here....this happened after installing my ccv....i believe it is cause by a small vacuum leak...which i havent looked for yet....looking into home made smoke machines or the cigar test.

I could raise the rpms im sure but i really want to sort out why its doing this in the fist place.
    Last edited by GLHX; 02-26-2012 at 10:30 AM.

My Cars
    2004 BMW 330i ZHP
    Quote Originally Posted by Meric View Post
    How do you erase adaptations with BMW Scanner?
    ?
    ///M* Coming soon..

Quote Originally Posted by Meric View Post
    ?
    I did not found that option.I would like to know too.I also have to recode my airbag ecu and also i don't know how to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by GLHX View Post
    m pa soft sees about 10 module out of the box....the zke, ike, srs, dme, lcm....etc....wont see the abs module....i guess i can look at it to see what the pin configuration looks like.
    i see the ABS module with the BMW scanner 1.4. but i did not found how to adjust idle speed.I see over 20 modules using the round obd.Over obd2(16pin) it only was able to see 2 modules.
    Last edited by Mihai1979; 02-26-2012 at 05:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    e46 1M e70
    To recode on my 2000 328i (E46) I need the OBD2 (16pin) to OBD1 (Round 20pin) adapter for the scanner 1.4, and no soldering needed?
    Last edited by bmwmck; 02-28-2012 at 08:46 PM.

My Cars
    2000 528i
    Quote Originally Posted by bmwmck View Post
    To recode on my 2000 328i (E46) I need the OBD2 (16pin) to OBD1 (Round 20pin) adapter for the scanner 1.4, and no soldering needed?
    Correct. Works fine on my 2000 528i.
    e39 528i M - Sport -oo

My Cars
    E39it, 03 M5, F10 535
    Hi guys, purchased 1.4 software with cable from a company in england and I must say it does work pretty well out of the box. Vehicle I read was a 00' 528it and the following screen is what I got using underhood data connector.(a couple of more modules on page2) Should I be picking up more modules than this?

I also opened up my OBD II connector to solder pins 7/8 and found this much updated version. Does anyone know if the pins still need to soldered with this newer type unit? The disc supplied with cable/software does have pics of soldering the pins but the picture does not look like anything in the OBD head.

I have emailed the vendor this evening but I am still waiting for a response. Does anyone out there have any experience with this type of OBD connector?

Last edited by jayster0966; 03-09-2012 at 10:59 AM.
    E39 M5, E39 SC Touring, F10
    "Beating My Wallet" but loving it!

I have the same as yours.You don't need to solder anything and anyway you point the wrong thing to solder.You get all the modules with the round connector.I tryed to bridge the 7-8 pins but nothing happened so i got back to stock.You get enough module there too.Maybe that is all that your car is equiped. Did you get them to work on win 7?

My Cars
    E39it, 03 M5, F10 535
    Cool thanks for responding. I was not quite sure if I still needed to solder anything or not. Software is running on Win7 32bit system.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihai1979 View Post
    I have the same as yours.You don't need to solder anything and anyway you point the wrong thing to solder.You get all the modules with the round connector.I tryed to bridge the 7-8 pins but nothing happened so i got back to stock.You get enough module there too.Maybe that is all that your car is equiped. Did you get them to work on win 7?

My Cars
    2001 330i
    Just got my kit and it came with fresh software on a CD and my PA Soft Scanner had a build date of 10.21.2011 and the 1+2 and 7+8 pins were soldered and jointed to allow the extra re-coding of the convenience features. Which I had lots of fun with.

I only paid $36 for my kit on March 8th, 2012 and it arrived March 19th 2012 shipped from TAIPEI, TAIWAN to BROOKLYN NY 11236.

The CD had fresh PA Soft Software!

EDIT NOTE: when I opened my PA Soft Scanner my 7 and 8 were already soldered!

Already Soldered at 1+2 and 7+8 to allow for fun a.k.a convenience options re-coding!

So I did the double click on the ZKE and was able to access the coding feature. I was also able to code the navigation radio to my liking as well.

The date stamped on the PA Soft Scanner circuit board said 10.21.2011 Also my circuit board looked way more complicated than the OP's picture. I had extra wires and stuff coming off the board. However it was clear to see that 1+2 and 7+8 were soldered. It was even labeled 1+2 and 7+8 almost as if to state that it was done intentionally.

Quote Originally Posted by TerraPhantm View Post
    No. Need to reflash the DME for that.

Also, I just want to say that while PASoft does have some useful functions, most people would be better off with NCS Expert. More functions, and much easier to fix an issue if a mistake is made. I have both, and I'd say I use NCS Expert (and the various other BMW tools) about 10x as much
    PA Soft Scanner is also crazy EASIER to set up and use. I've seen the NCS Expert stuff and unless you know what you are doing I can see disaster in the hands of an amateur programmer.

PA Soft don't really allow you to mess up your car.
    Last edited by delmarco; 03-23-2012 at 12:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

VISIT MY GARAGE TO SEE ALL MY MODS:

http://directory.e46fanatics.com/use...rMod&UcId=7917

My Cars
    2005 BMW 330 xi
    Quote Originally Posted by delmarco View Post
    Got mine today!!!! Definately doing this. So it is 7 and 8 soldered!

So I did the double click on the ZKE and was able to access the coding feature. I was also able to code the navigation radio to my liking as well.

The date stamped on the PA Soft Scanner circuit board said 10.21.2011 Also my circuit board looked way more complicated than the OP's picture. I had extra wires and stuff coming off the board. However it was clear to see that 1+2 and 7+8 were soldered. It was even labeled 1+2 and 7+8 almost as if to state that it was done intentionally.

PA Soft Scanner is also crazy EASIER to set up and use. I've seen the NCS Expert stuff and unless you know what you are doing I can see disaster in the hands of an amateur programmer.

Delmarco, where did you bought yours ?
    Thanks

My Cars
    E39it, 03 M5, F10 535
    Delmarco, did the inside of your cable head look like the one I posted above?

Got mine today!!!! Definately doing this. So it is 7 and 8 soldered!

My Cars
    2001 330i
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanhoe View Post
    Delmarco, where did you bought yours ?
    Thanks
    As funny as it sounds...

I bought mine on GOOGLE SEARCH.

Literally the first thing that popped up was the cheapest. The seller was a store on eCrater via PayPal. Had it not been PayPal I may have been hesitant to send my money but the seller's store was PayPal verified and had good reviews.

https://www.google.com/search?q=BMW+...w=1400&bih=941

Quote Originally Posted by jayster0966 View Post
    I don't know see pics below:

Already Soldered at 1+2 and 7+8 to allow for fun a.k.a convenience options re-coding!

Okay I just saw your pictures.

1. Your Scanner tool seems to be outdated or an older version (1.4.0.7 that is running 1.4.0.9) compared to the one I have and what people are buying.

Check the wiring to see if the wiring has any soldered joints. My circiut had no soldered joints for 1+2 and 7+8 because the wiring at the connector pins were soldered.
    Last edited by delmarco; 03-23-2012 at 12:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    2005 BMW 330 xi
    As funny as it sounds...

I bought mine on GOOGLE SEARCH.

Literally the first thing that popped up was the cheapest. The seller was a store on eCrater via PayPal. Had it not been PayPal I may have been hesitant to send my money but the seller's store was PayPal verified and had good reviews.

https://www.google.com/search?q=BMW+...w=1400&bih=941
    Thanks Delmarco, when you do the google search now it shows anothers one even cheaper $ 25 free shipping, but I decided to place the order to the same vendor you used, wow this gone be fun. Thanks again.

My Cars
    2001 330i
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanhoe View Post
    Thanks Delmarco, when you do the google search now it shows anothers one even cheaper $ 25 free shipping, but I decided to place the order to the same vendor you used, wow this gone be fun. Thanks again.
    funny it is now $25! lol. I just read on fanatics that people are still paying $68 to $125 for the same exact thing! Mainly I think people are worried that the cheap scanners do not come with the software (but it does) and the free software download of the PA Soft will defunct their scanner (but it doesn't).

My Cars
    04 330Ci ZHP 6mt
    funny it is now $25! lol. I just read on fanatics that people are still paying $68 to $125 for the same exact thing! Mainly I think people are worried that the cheap scanners do not come with the software (but it does) and the free software download of the PA Soft will defunct their scanner (but it doesn't).
    Those $25 ones on the Google page you posted are showing $34.08 shipping. The description says free shipping but then they show a shipping cost of $34.08. The cheapest one is still the $36 one from eCrater. Those Chinese places on Ebay with low feedback numbers would make me nervous.

I got mine from somewhere else about a month ago and it looks different than either of these two. Haven't even installed it yet, probably this weekend. If I should happen to have any problems I'll probably order one like you have.

I assume it's pretty self-explanatory once you get to the coding page? Since you're so good with DIYs with great pics would you mind posting a few showing how to code something?

Thanks....Barry

EDIT: Fired mine up today, works great but the OBD2 connector doesn't seat fully in the car's connection. Anyone else had this problem? Gonna e mail the seller and see if I get any response. If not, I'll probably order one from eCrater. Don't want to damage that underdash connector.

Changed a few basic things just to test it out. Doors lock after 2 minutes if not opened. Front windows only down with remote.

Is it possible to set the fogs to stay on with the high beams with this? How about halogens to stay on with high beam Xenons?

If so, would they be on this page somewhere?

EDIT: I removed that 1/4" wide tab on the connector (compared it to my Peake tool connector) and it fits fine now.

Thanks.....Barry
    Last edited by mrmaico; 03-24-2012 at 05:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    2001 330i
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmaico View Post
    Those $25 ones on the Google page you posted are showing $34.08 shipping. The description says free shipping but then they show a shipping cost of $34.08. The cheapest one is still the $36 one from eCrater. Those Chinese places on Ebay with low feedback numbers would make me nervous.

I got mine from somewhere else about a month ago and it looks different than either of these two. Haven't even installed it yet, probably this weekend. If I should happen to have any problems I'll probably order one like you have.

I assume it's pretty self-explanatory once you get to the coding page? Since you're so good with DIYs with great pics would you mind posting a few showing how to code something?

Thanks....Barry

EDIT: Fired mine up today, works great but the OBD2 connector doesn't seat fully in the car's connection. Anyone else had this problem? Gonna e mail the seller and see if I get any response. If not, I'll probably order one from eCrater. Don't want to damage that underdash connector.

Changed a few basic things just to test it out. Doors lock after 2 minutes if not opened. Front windows only down with remote.

Is it possible to set the fogs to stay on with the high beams with this? How about halogens to stay on with high beam Xenons?

If so, would they be on this page somewhere?

EDIT: I removed that 1/4" wide tab on the connector (compared it to my Peake tool connector) and it fits fine now.

Thanks.....Barry
    no u can't code the fogs to stay on with the pa soft

My Cars
    2000 740il
    Hi guys, purchased 1.4 software with cable from a company in england and I must say it does work pretty well out of the box. Vehicle I read was a 00' 528it and the following screen is what I got using underhood data connector.(a couple of more modules on page2) Should I be picking up more modules than this?

I also opened up my OBD II connector to solder pins 7/8 and found this much updated version. Does anyone know if the pins still need to soldered with this newer type unit? The disc supplied with cable/software does have pics of soldering the pins but the picture does not look like anything in the OBD head.

I have emailed the vendor this evening but I am still waiting for a response. Does anyone out there have any experience with this type of OBD connector?

i have the same one..when you plug inside the car do you get the same readout or only 2...i havent tried under the hood with my 20 pin adaptor...i could only get mine to read dme and egs from inside..opened mine to solder and found mine to be the same as this one....i will try my 20pin tomorrow

My Cars
    E39it, 03 M5, F10 535
    Quote Originally Posted by tim8dena View Post
    i have the same one..when you plug inside the car do you get the same readout or only 2...i havent tried under the hood with my 20 pin adaptor...i could only get mine to read dme and egs from inside..opened mine to solder and found mine to be the same as this one....i will try my 20pin tomorrow
    From the OBD inside the car, I only get 2 modules as well. I get all the modules in the pics from under the hood.

I would really like to get that LCM screen pictured above though for coding. The LCM screenshot above looks so much more user friendly (especially for turning off cold checks)

MRMAICO, I was able to turn off the DRL's and have the fogs on simultaneously with the high beams. I had to do all my coding via NCS expert.
    Last edited by jayster0966; 03-27-2012 at 01:16 AM.

My Cars
    2003 325XiT

no codes

Hi Delmarco, I bought the exact same as yours, same disc, pictures of the inside of the tester look the same too. However mine will not read any of the modules. I am testing from the inside of the car, which is a 325 XI touring. Do you have any ideas why I can't retrieve any codes? Thanks.

My Cars
    04 330Ci ZHP 6mt
    no u can't code the fogs to stay on with the pa soft
    MRMAICO, I was able to turn off the DRL's and have the fogs on simultaneously with the high beams. I had to do all my coding via NCS expert.
    Thanks guys.

jayster, I have copies of NCS Expert, INPA, DIS etc. that I bought off Ebay but I haven't tried installing them yet. I thought I'd try the easier one first then work my way up to the more advanced programs. I was just hoping it might be possible with this one. Anyone know the difference between the EU, US 1 and US 2 Daytime running lights settings?

Also, what about a battery charger? Is it recommended to use one while using PA Soft? I didn't use one when I made my changes but I was quick to do what I wanted and didn't spend much time looking around at all the options available because I didn't have any charger hooked up.

Thanks again.....Barry

My Cars
    2000 740il
    when i plugged under the hood in 20pin slot i got lots more 2 or 3 pages worth plus a page that looks much like lcm....

My Cars
    E39it, 03 M5, F10 535
    Quote Originally Posted by tim8dena View Post
    when i plugged under the hood in 20pin slot i got lots more 2 or 3 pages worth plus a page that looks much like lcm....
    What 20 pin adapter are you using? I cant seem to get much more than the first page and definitely no LCM screen as above.

My Cars
    2000 740il
    im just using a cheap one i bought off ebay for about $15...i did notice your software is older then mine..try looking for a update...im using 1.4.0.9(19.09.20011)P.A Soft 20011

My Cars
    2000 528i
    I've got LCMIII in my 5/2000 528i and Light Coding looks like this.
    BMW Scanner v1.4.0.7 (14.01.2009)

Last edited by mijuko; 12-08-2012 at 04:25 PM.
    e39 528i M - Sport -oo

My Cars
    E39it, 03 M5, F10 535
    Quote Originally Posted by mijuko View Post
    I've got LCMIII in my 5/2000 528i and Light Coding looks like this.
    BMW Scanner v1.4.0.7 (14.01.2009)
    Thanks, I finally figured out that I actually have to go into the coding menu. Boy, do I feel stupid! BRAIN FART!

Still going to look into the newer version as mine is like mijuko's. Would like to turn off the cold check for the reverse lights as it keeps turning on my backup cam every 5 sec (3/4 times) after I start the vehicle.
    Last edited by jayster0966; 03-28-2012 at 11:44 AM.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast