BMW of Bloomfield

Thread: FS: 1989 325iX 4dr, 5spd, black/black, lots of extras

My Cars
    M3 - 525iTa - M5

FS: 1989 325iX 4dr, 5spd, black/black, lots of extras

1989 325iX 4 door 5spd with 158k (low for a 23 year old car), Diamond Black on Black Heated Vinyl seats with power everything except sunroof. I would give the exterior a 6.5-7 and the interior an 8-8.5. Comes with original black sheep skins (partial ones that only go on the middle of the seats not the bolsters) and OEM BMW car cover.

I have owned it starting in 2005 and for @ 20k miles. The story from the PO goes like this:
    -Original owners were an older couple in West Chester cty NY who's son was BMW Master Tech
    -Death in the family and the Master Tech sells car to his friend after 10 years or so with original owners
    -I bought the car from the Master Tech's friend who had it for 5-7 years

I have partial records from before I bought it, and anything I didn't have records on I could call Bimmers Only in Bedford Hills NY to find out the history about it. I have most if not all receipts/records since 2005 when my wife bought it as a wedding present. I say most as I may have missed some since I am on my 5th BMW, currently owning 4, and my orders are always mixed with parts for the various cars. Carfax is clean and will be provided free of charge and the car has valid NJ inspection until 9/2013

I have done a bunch of maintenance, most recent listed first:

2011 - radiator, alternator, cruise control fixed, fixed oil leaks, getting into shape for sale (thanks Guten Parts & Service!)
    2010 - timing belt, water pump, thermostat , fan clutch, new hoses, battery & battery tray & tie down, serp belts
    2009? - new bridgestone tires
    2007 - new exhaust
    2006 - brake pads & rotors all around, shocks/struts/springs all around, rebuilt the front half shafts (cleaned out CVs, regreased and then re-booted), changed all the fluids
    2005 - Head gasket, 3 angle valve job, valve springs/retainers, machining, etc

Modifications:
    -Dinan chip
    -H&R lowering springs @ 1" drop, the least drop I could find
    -Koni adjustible shocks
    -Ireland Engineering Stainless Steel cat-back exhaust system (not loud at all, great piece!)
    -Leather ebrake handle
    -Pioneer headunit with Aux input for MP3 players
    -Upgraded speakers (unknown type, from PO)
    -MTech II Steering Wheel
    -MKW clear signals

not installed:
    -Map Light Mirror (not installed)
    -iS Front Lip Spoiler (new, not installed, primed but not painted)
    -iS Rear Trunk Lid Spoiler (used, original black ABS/rubber/plastic or whatever)
    -13 button OBC and wiring harness including the OBC stalk (not installed)
    -UUC SSK (not installed)
    -Thule rack mounts & bars (new)

like any 20+ year old car it does have some mechanical and cosmetic issues so here are the cons:

mechanical:
    -floppy shifter (have UUC SSK that I can include with sale)
    -leaking main seal (would replace when tackling shifter)
    -front right caliper sounds like it just starting sticking/dragging a little

cosmetic:
    -rust on lower left front fender, rust on inside bottom edge of trunk lid
    -car was keyed on the passenger side doors and slightly (1-2") on the fender
    -rust on chassis/tub? unsure of the amount but there is definitely some I'm sure

interior
    -AC, it was not working when I got it however I have several new & used parts to repair it. Never got around to it and it's inclement weather and winter only car for me (plus I work from home and rarely drive as it is)
    -DS seat heater only heats your butt not butt & back (I actually preferred this so it wasn't a con to me)

I have a bunch of spares I am including in the sale, subject to negotiation, such as:
    -iX brake booster and master cylinder (used but a new MC goes for over $1000 for an iX one! I'm sure the booster is expensive too)
    -UUC Evo3 SSK with all the non-DSSR options, new & uninstalled (> $300)
    -front lower control arm (> $300 part new)
    -e30 3 Spoke Sport Steering Wheel
    -Map Light Mirror (not installed)
    -iS Front Lip Spoiler (new, not installed, primed but not painted)
    -iS Rear Trunk Lid Spoiler (used, original black ABS/rubber/plastic or whatever)
    -13 button OBC and wiring harness including the OBC stalk (not installed)
    -calipers
    -interior switches, stalks, etc
    -spare MAF
    -stock chip
    -spare red tail lights
    -spare window motors
    -AC repair parts (condensor, etc)
    -spare kidney grills
    -etc

List price is $5250 including all of the various spare parts, spare modifications, the sheepskins, car cover, etc plus a used Bentley e30 Manual. Price can be negotiable as we can remove parts/mods/etc.

Since this is a rare car, I would prefer to keep it in the CCA or at least with a BMW fanatic who is a long time member of the online BMW community

Pics (please note engine bay has been cleaned/washed but this is an old pic):

Pics of problem areas:

Last edited by Brent; 10-25-2011 at 05:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    M3 - 525iTa - M5

My Cars
    1986 bmw 325e
    interested in trade?