Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread: BMW Apps and iOS 5

BMW Apps and iOS 5

I recently updated the software on my iPhone 4 to iOS 5 and now my 2011 X3 does not connect to Pandora when I plug my phone into the car. While I can still stream the music over Bluetooth, all iDrive control is now gone. BMW Connected still works though.

Do you guys think this is an App issue (correctable by the Pandora developers via updated version of the app) or a BMW Apps issue (where the program was meant to work with iOS 4 and it now has to be updated by BMW)?

My Cars
    03 530dT - Ex Police Car
    Hi,

I'd say wait for the BMW application to be updated and certified to run on apple's 5 operating system. Once that's done, then Pandora will develop their application to run on that new OS and you should be good to go. No idea when BMW or Pandora will release their updated systems..

Cheers, Dennis!

Thanks Dennis. I guess I am just disappointed. Developers have had access to this for months and its release is anything but a surprise. Now the BMW Apps option, which I obviously had to pay extra for, does not even recognize apps!

My Cars
    2012 BMW 328i xDrive
    This is a Pandora issue. My iPhone 4S, running IOS5, obviously, works like a champ when plugged-in to the cradle in the car. I do not use Pandora, but the BMW Connected Web Radio app works perfectly, as does Facebook, Twitter, yada, yada, yada.

My Cars
    1999 540IA sport..
    Droid....lol
    1999 540IA sport.Dinan stage 2 chip,Dinan cold air intake,Dinan tranny software,Bavarian Autosport High-Performance Ignition coil's.Deleted the res straight pipe to magnaflow muffler,MTEC Bumper's.

My Cars
    2006 Porsche C2S Cab

Try a hard reset on iPhone

I had a similar experience with my iPhone 3GS when updating to iOS 5. Both Pandora & the iPod functionality went numb. iPod showed "NO SONG" on the head unit, and Pandora didn't do anything at all. Both apps worked perfectly on the phone, but came up blank on the stereo - (I have the Alpine / Pandora head unit) - anyway - I did a hard reset on the phone, and power cycled the head unit, and then everything worked fine after that.

Maybe that will work for you.

I've also heard people got an error (3200) when installing iOS 5, and issues following the error were varied for different users. Another option would be to try reinstalling iOS 5 on your the phone and see if that works. - Both are easy steps & worth a shot.

A possible way to isolate the issue to phone or stereo would be to try hooking up someone else's iOS 5 device & seeing if that one works.