Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: New Suspension and Wheels for my E9

My Cars
    driveway.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by espguitarist View Post
    That does make me feel better, actually. Yes. It shows that you at least recognize the value of such a gorgeous vehicle, and also that you realize that what you do to cars has the potential to ruin them.
    I'd rather ruin a car enjoying it than having it perfect sitting in a garage all the time.

Show cars are for pussies.

My Cars
    87 L6, '11 Golf TDI
    I dunno man, seems to me that a lot of people think that by doing a few scrapes on the road for a photo shoot and putting air suspension on a car to drive it comfortably at any height ruins it.

Ol Dirty Bastard - Build Thread

My Cars
    E61 530xi
    Quote Originally Posted by SpasticDwarf View Post
    I'd rather ruin a car enjoying it than having it perfect sitting in a garage all the time.

1000% Agree to this! I will drive and abuse every car I ever own! It's like saying that you won't screw your wife because she's too hot?

I like the car......but I did like it much better the way it was.

I do get that it is mandatory for you to do something like this to every car that you own, so I expected this was coming.

My Cars
    1995 325i
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad E36 View Post
    Cars have parts, you can replace parts. It's hard to "ruin" a car by damaging a single part.
    Replacing a frame isn't as simple as popping out the old one and throwing in the new.

So this car isn't a show car, then? What exactly is it?

My Cars
    Ti
    I love how people are reacting to this like Mike just skinned a baby or hit a puppy with a baseball bat. I'm pretty sure that if he ever did that to an E30 M3 (hint hint Mike ) someone really would drive down to Tennessee and assassinate him.

My Cars
    driveway.jpg
    Replacing a frame isn't as simple as popping out the old one and throwing in the new.

So this car isn't a show car, then? What exactly is it?
    It's a daily driver, a car I drove 21 hours straight to Marlyand, and a car that I have no issues driving hard and dragging. It's not a show pony. It's the only car in my driveway at the moment.

My Cars
    1995 325i
    It's a daily driver, a car I drove 21 hours straight to Marlyand, and a car that I have no issues driving hard and dragging. It's not a show pony. It's the only car in my driveway at the moment.
    So doing what you did to the car had nothing to do with promoting StanceWorks?

My Cars
    Porsche, e30 M3, MB-500e
    Quote Originally Posted by rsebaf View Post
    a car like that should not be airriden =( looked way better before...

but everyone has his/her own taste =)
    agreed and RSs were a lot better on it

My Cars
    driveway.jpg
    I am not understanding how such a thing makes a car a show car?

My Cars
    Ti
    Yeah, any car that's built to promote something is a show car:

Jussayin

My Cars
    85 eta, 59 austin healey
    You put it on bags and drive it to shows to promote Stanceworks. That is pretty much the definition of a show car.

Quote Originally Posted by My98HellrotTi View Post
    Really? You realize that the 'promotions' on that car FUND the car and the racing that it was built to do. It wasn't built for the purpose of being a mobile billboard.

I'm sure next someone will say being low doesn't affect drivability and will post a pic of a DTM car.
    Last edited by acolella76; 09-28-2011 at 05:51 PM.

My progress thread | BMW CCA #434464 |The Sprite

My Cars
    1995 325i
    I am not understanding how such a thing makes a car a show car?
    So you did do it to promote StanceWorks, but you're saying that StanceWorks does not produce show cars?

What exactly is StanceWorks about then? Certainly not race cars. They can't all be daily drivers, can they?

Is it not about flashy cars and flashy wheels with mods that make them aesthetically appealing to an audience of people?

My Cars
    e30m52 325iT E30 E70X5
    Quote Originally Posted by My98HellrotTi View Post

Jussayin

That was unfortunate. John and Greg's car just lost power and had to shut it off. They were running really strong in Miami. Could have used one of my photos at least

My Cars
    E36 323i
    I think he was trying to say a show car, in the way that it gets from point A to point B with a trailer.
    this car is maybe promoting stanceworks, but it gets driven to the locations, not on a trailer.

tho, im not a huge fan of the new wheels, the RS were a perfect match they were oozing class combined with the e9.

My Cars
    16' 328xiT /04' TSX 6MT
    I love the car and don't have any problem with it riding on an air suspension, and wouldn't say its "ruined."

I do however think it looks broken and stupid in the pictures and I would probably laugh a little if I saw it in person in that state.

Obviously its modded to the taste of the owner, this post on the other hand was done for one purpose only, and that's pretty apparent.

Nice car though.

My Cars
    '98 E36 M3, '02 Camry
    Hey, let me take my beautiful classic BMW and destroy it by lowering it to the floor so it can make those awesome sparks that look so cool on camera.

'twas much better before.

My Cars
    driveway.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by acolella76 View Post
    You put it on bags and drive it to shows to promote Stanceworks. That is pretty much the definition of a show car.

Really? You realize that the 'promotions' on that car FUND the car and the racing that it was built to do. It wasn't built for the purpose of being a mobile billboard.

I'm sure next someone will say being low doesn't affect drivability and will post a pic of a DTM car.
    Your "friends" tell me you were way cooler before you started hanging with Halston and became a douchebag, but I'll respond anyway. I modded it the way I wanted to, and yes, I go to shows/meets. Isn't that what we all do? So are all cars show cars? Don't be retarded.

So you did do it to promote StanceWorks, but you're saying that StanceWorks does not produce show cars?

What exactly is StanceWorks about then? Certainly not race cars. They can't all be daily drivers, can they?

Is it not about flashy cars and flashy wheels with mods that make them aesthetically appealing to an audience of people?
    Do you read StanceWorks at all? It's about more than flashy wheels and cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Zic View Post
    I think he was trying to say a show car, in the way that it gets from point A to point B with a trailer.
    this car is maybe promoting stanceworks, but it gets driven to the locations, not on a trailer.

tho, im not a huge fan of the new wheels, the RS were a perfect match they were oozing class combined with the e9.
    The RSs will be back, and you'll like what comes next I think.

Quote Originally Posted by arthothezilvian View Post
    Hey, let me take my beautiful classic BMW and destroy it by lowering it to the floor so it can make those awesome sparks that look so cool on camera.

'twas much better before.
    Looks cool off-camera too.

My Cars
    1986 Euro 525e
    Come on guys, the jab about show cars is pointed towards cars that are trailered to shows, are not driven, and reside in a garage most of the time. Didn't realize a car attending shows/meets now makes it a "Show Car", we sure do have a lot of show cars on the board then!

My Cars
    98 m3 vert,89 325i vert
    Lol at all the main people in this thread that hate at every stanced car that pops up in there. You put your big boy underwear on and get over yourselves.

My Cars
    1985 535i
    I like this much better, don't take it in a bad way but it my opinion it's to low now.

My Cars
    1995 325i
    Do you read StanceWorks at all? It's about more than flashy wheels and cars.
    I do, actually, on occasion. Whenever an article is posted here and I see it, I tend to read it.

I have nothing against StanceWorks and I don't mind Stanced cars. I wouldn't ever do it to my own car and there are a lot of them that I don't like. To each there own. Attacking the look was not my intention.

My intention initially was to voice my opinion on the fact that scraping the frame of such an immaculate care was a shame. You clarified that it was in fact, not the frame and instead a shield.

So you know the car is nice, you want to keep the car nice, and you modify it in such a way that isn't the most practical and appeals to an audience.

I wouldn't call that a daily driver because most people can't daily drive a car like that. Just because you drive it every day does not make the car a "daily driver".

Posting pictures of the car scraping on the ground without clarifying that it is shielded is "showy" and not at all something that someone who was simply using it as a 'daily driver' would do. You did it to showcase how low the car is, to showcase an example of a StanceWorks car.

In short, I think it's a shame that you would use such a gorgeous car in a 'showy' manner and potentially damage it for the sake of posting pictures of the car throwing sparks, with the intention of promoting your brand.

If it makes you happy, then great. I'm glad you're doing what you can to protect the car from the abuse it's going to receive at that ride height.
    Last edited by espguitarist; 09-28-2011 at 06:45 PM.

My Cars
    16' 328xiT /04' TSX 6MT
    Quote Originally Posted by HellrottenVert View Post
    Lol at all the main people in this thread that hate at every stanced car that pops up in there. You put your big boy underwear on and get over yourselves.

You should probably take some of your own advice and understand that alot of people don't like "Stanced" cars and are not going to hold their tongue because someone might get his/her panties in a twist, especially on the internet.
    Last edited by hon2bmw; 09-28-2011 at 06:48 PM.

My Cars
    e30 e34
    I do, actually, on occasion. Whenever an article is posted here and I see it, I tend to read it.

I have nothing against StanceWorks and I don't mind Stanced cars. I wouldn't ever do it to my own car and there are a lot of them that I don't like. To each there own. Attacking the look was not my intention.

My intention initially was to voice my opinion on the fact that scraping the frame of such an immaculate care was a shame. You clarified that it was in fact, not the frame and instead a shield.

So you know the car is nice, you want to keep the car nice, and you modify it in such a way that isn't the most practical and appeals to an audience.

I wouldn't call that a daily driver because most people can't daily drive a car like that. Just because you drive it every day does not make the car a "daily driver".

Posting pictures of the car scraping on the ground without clarifying that it is shielded is "showy" and not at all something that someone who was simply using it as a 'daily driver' would do. You did it to showcase how low the car is, to showcase an example of a StanceWorks car.

In short, I think it's a shame that you would use such a gorgeous car in a 'showy' manner and potentially damage it for the sake of posting pictures of the car throwing sparks, with the intention of promoting your brand.

If it makes you happy, then great. I'm glad you're doing what you can to protect the car from the abuse it's going to receive at that ride height.
    Dude, it's bagged. It's probably more streetable than 95% of the cars lowered on coilovers that are on this site. I haven't seen the car in person but I don't think it's a concours car anyways, so I'm not really understanding everyone's concern. Even if it was, it'd be a lot safer to drive every day on bags than slammed on coilovers

p.s. I'd drive/drag/ruin it
    Last edited by Jcbe34; 09-28-2011 at 06:51 PM.
    '88 s54 e30, '00 m5

My Cars
    E36 323i
    The RSs will be back, and you'll like what comes next I think.
    I smell some widen wheels, dont take this the wrong way, i hope that rotiform dose not make the lips. (unless the make a slant lip, and dont have the usual roundness to them.)

Btw, could you get ben to contact me? I can't get a hold of him.

My Cars
    98 m3 vert,89 325i vert
    Quote Originally Posted by hon2bmw

You should probably take some of your own advice and understand that alot of people don't like "Stanced" cars and are not going to hold their tongue because someone might get his/her panties in a twist, especially on the internet.
    I don't need to take my own advice. I understand that some people will hate it and some love it. It's the fact people can't be grown up a out it and say eh I don't like it but I respect it and the work you put into it. That's a true car enthusiast.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast