Thread: New Seattle meet location? Wallingford mobile food spot!

My Cars
    M550iX, 540M-Sport, Scud

New Seattle meet location? Wallingford mobile food spot!

Right off I-5 at NE 45, just west of Dick's one block and on the opposite sideoif the street (north side) is a new Uptown Espresso shop. In the parking lot on Friday nights, they are going to start hosting a rotating bunch of mobile food vendors. On the agenda this Friday from 5pm to 9pm is Buns Gourmet Hamburgers and Curry Now!.

http://www.wallingfordeats.com/

Anyone game for a 7pm meet up this Friday evening?

Here is the announcement we are making to the Wallingford community:
    Hi good people of Wallingford! After all the stuff you read or hear about mobile food in Seattle recently, street food is coming to Wallingford!

No more standing in crazy long lines, fighting big crowds, or paying admission just to eat at “food truck roundups”, a number of the top street food trucks will be vending from the Uptown Espresso lot on N 45th and Corliss starting this coming Friday evening. For this Friday the truck lineup will be Curry Now, Barriga Llena, and BUNS – who was selected by Sunset Magazine as one of three “Seattle’s Burger Kings” as well as “Seattle’s Top-5” burgers by the Thrillist.com. In the near future, look for Street Treats, Lumpia World, Big Food, Pai’s, Fusion on the Run and Marination to join the lineup.

The trucks and Uptown Espresso are attempting to develop this into a semi-permanent street food pod to serve the Wallingford neighborhood so your support is essential for its success. So come by this Friday evening, join the debut celebration and enjoy some tasty food. Trucks will serve from 5 pm to 9 pm.

http://WallingfordEats.com

(disclosure) I am a part owner in Buns Gourmet Hamburgers.
    I'll warn ya that Buns hamburgers are not cheap, but guaranteed to be the best you have ever had. All natural, grass fed beef, we use buns made by local Seattle bakery, Grand Central Bakery. Cheese comes from Beechers in the Pike Place Market. All produce is certified organic. You will definitely taste the difference. $10 to $12 with fries, depending on what ya order.
    http://bunsonwheels.com/press.html
    Last edited by f355spider; 09-21-2011 at 01:33 PM.
    2001 540 M-Sport (cdn), ST X (KW) coilovers, H&R 15mm spacers, Eibach anti roll bars (28mm/18mm), Beastpower rear antiroll bar brackets, M5 rear chassis reinforcements (traction rods), Strong Strut front upper strut bar, Dinan Stage 1 software, factory M-Audio subs, Bavsound speaker upgrade, Bluebus bluetooth integration, Stop Tech SS brake lines, ATE coated brake rotors, ATE ceramic brake pads.

My Cars
    N/A
    Love me some food trucks! Was 'Buns' at the food truck event last weekend? I'll have to give it a try.

My Cars
    M550iX, 540M-Sport, Scud
    Quote Originally Posted by BraveUlysses View Post
    Love me some food trucks! Was 'Buns' at the food truck event last weekend? I'll have to give it a try.
    The Mobile Food Rodeo in Interbay neighborhood in Seattle? Yes, of course! I was out of town, but heard from our partners it was jammed packed with people...quite a turn out.

Okay so I need to come through for my BMW brothers, so my partners agreed that if you mention you are with the "BMW Club" you will get a free beverage with your burger purchase.

Also, another interesting mobile truck will be there, Barriga Llena, a mexican food truck. http://www.labarrigallena.com/about.html
    Last edited by f355spider; 09-20-2011 at 02:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2001 540 M-Sport (cdn), ST X (KW) coilovers, H&R 15mm spacers, Eibach anti roll bars (28mm/18mm), Beastpower rear antiroll bar brackets, M5 rear chassis reinforcements (traction rods), Strong Strut front upper strut bar, Dinan Stage 1 software, factory M-Audio subs, Bavsound speaker upgrade, Bluebus bluetooth integration, Stop Tech SS brake lines, ATE coated brake rotors, ATE ceramic brake pads.

My Cars
    E39 ///M5
    i am so in. I live across sunnyside from uptown on 45th and was about to suggest this as well!

2000 Schwartz II M5-|Bilstein|H&R|ZHP|Dinan|

"Speed has never killed anyone...Suddenly becoming stationary...That's what gets you" - J. Clarkson

My Cars
    1996 BMW M3
    Hey im new to the forum here, is this going on THIS friday the 23rd? Im in if it is!

My Cars
    (2) e30's & an e39
    Local Wallingford forum link

http://www.wallyhood.org/2011/09/fri...lingford-eats/

I'll be there at 7:00
    Last edited by E30 memorial; 09-21-2011 at 12:10 PM.
    Steve
    '89 e30 332i
    '90 e30 M3
    '01 e39 530is
    '12 r56 Mini S Bayswater

My Cars
    02 BMW X5 5 spd manual
    I probably wont be able to make it, but if I can I'll update. My dad lives up by there, its easy to get to
    Instagram: Jaws.garage
    2007 Saleen S331 Supercharged #133 Oxford white
    2002 Mercedes E55 AMG Tectite Grey/Black, Kleemann upgrades, Supersprint muffler
    2007 Buell XB12scg Cherry Bomb

My Cars
    M550iX, 540M-Sport, Scud
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman1974 View Post
    Hey im new to the forum here, is this going on THIS friday the 23rd? Im in if it is!
    Yes, this Friday!

My Cars
    '01 740iL, '95 840Ci
    Sounds delicious. Out for this week, but possibly next Friday

My Cars
    1996 BMW M3
    Im in!! Will b there around 7!!

My Cars
    M550iX, 540M-Sport, Scud
    I'm looking forward to seeing you guys there!

My Cars
    (2) e30's & an e39
    Great weather for outdoor dining and great food.
    Steve
    '89 e30 332i
    '90 e30 M3
    '01 e39 530is
    '12 r56 Mini S Bayswater

My Cars
    E30 325ic Mk4 1.8t Jetta
    Oooo... too bad this starts in like 7 minutes. :/

My Cars
    1996 BMW M3
    Where is everyone!! I see one Ferrari and an E30. ?????????

My Cars
    E30 325ic Mk4 1.8t Jetta
    ^ If you guys end up doing something after, let me know lol

My Cars
    1996 BMW M3
    Great spot for eats and bs'in, only a few of us up here, but worth the drive. Im lone wolfin it if anyone is up for doin anything...

My Cars
    13 5.0| 11 SHO| 97 M3/4
    ford friendly?

425whp/401wtq and 3496lbs - Race car
    97 M3/4 -Daily

My Cars
    E30 325ic Mk4 1.8t Jetta
    Haha, Guess I should ask if you're Dodge friendly too. Have a Charger for a rental

My Cars
    1996 BMW M3
    Hell yes! It dont matter. Where u want to meet?

My Cars
    99 M3, 16' x35d, 09 128i
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Soprano View Post
    ford friendly?
    your mom is ford friendly...

My Cars
    1996 BMW M3
    Anyone up for a meet tonight? Im still up in Wallingford at the food truck meeting place, but its shutting down...

My Cars
    M550iX, 540M-Sport, Scud

Thank you!

Hey, thanks to those of you that came out...especially those that arrived early.
    We were overwhelmed with the response and ran out of food an hour early and had to close up. From 6:20pm on the line was 15 deep, and for those of you that had to wait, I am truly sorry. We will be better prepared next Friday!

Regards,
    Dave