Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Black & White 3 pics

My Cars
    '00 Z3 2.3 Roady, '08 M5

Talking Black & White 3 pics

So I finally decided to remove the inserts from my wheels. And the Hamann Hardtop is probably staying on forever. It looks too good with it on. I also put on a set of TCK coilovers with swapped ///M strut hats for more low and camber up front.
    Wheel Specs:
    FRONT: 19x8.5 et43 with 5mm spacer
    REAR: 19x9.0 et47 with 18mm spacer
    Spacers: Rogue Engineering
    Hardtop: Hamann
    Suspension: TCK/KONI adjustable coilovers

Onto the pics:

Comments are appreciated. Still learning to use the SLR.

p.s. I hit 210,000 miles a couple of weeks ago.
    Last edited by dimm6; 07-27-2011 at 11:22 PM. Reason: Added info

My Cars
    1997 z3 roadie
    That looks amazing!!! Not a fan of big wheels but you pull it of very nicely :P

My Cars
    '01 Z3.0 R; '13 MB Coupe
    Damn man, you car has gotta be the hottest 200k + mileage Z3 on the planet. (It does have over 200k right? lol)

Mods: Remus 76mm exhaust, CDV delete, ASA AR1 18in staggered wheels, Turner 12 mm spacers, custom red tails, Kenwood deck/Sirius/BT/USB, ZHP knob, Redline boot, LeatherZ armrest, Amsoil all around, red needles, Akebono Euro brake pads, 34k original miles!

My Cars
    02 e367, 08 Acura TL-S

You asked for opinions / comments, so, I think you still need a bit more drop though in the rear. Just looks too high with the large wheels right now.

Your car continues to make me drool every time I see it. I love that HT.

My Cars
    1999 2.8 Z3 Coupe
    Gorgeous!!! I'm loving hard top roadsters more and more I agree with the big wheels comments though. I would tuck the wheels a bit and have the wheel well cover the top part of the tire. Great shots too

My Cars
    1998 M Roadster
    i wish i had a hard top

My Cars
    05 2.5 Z5
    Looks hot. Wheels look great. Terrific as is. Hard top looks nice. I still like soft top lool tho.

My Cars
    368, E86, 318ti, Raptor
    Love it dimm. Its like sex in my eyeballs!
    I agree a tad lower could look good, but living where you live dd'ing any lower may not be worth it.

Great pics!

My Cars
    '00 Z3 2.3 Roady, '08 M5
    Thanks for all the comments. I do agree on the back needing to go lower. I need about 1 to 2 inches drop out back. The only problem is that I can't get the height adjusters to turn. I have the TCK rear height adjusters. Does anyone have any advice for lowering them without removing them from the car? Or do I have no choice and have to remove them from the car? I tried to turn them with the car jacked up, but they wouldn't spin.

http://www.tcklineracing.com/webdocs...Details385.cfm

Other than that I love the way the car looks. And keep the comments coming.
    Last edited by dimm6; 07-28-2011 at 07:47 AM. Reason: added link

My Cars
    4 BMWs.
    Looks great. Give my 2.3iA a lot of hope for the future, not far from 100K miles now.
    2001 Z3 3.0i -Oxford Green/Sandbeige
    2016 428xi -Estoril Blue II/Black
    2018 430iC- Estoril Blue II/Black
    2018 330it - Melbourne Red/Venetian Beige/Black

My Cars
    1991 BMW 535i
    This only proves if you look after it properly and maintain it... mileage means nothing

My Cars
    4 BMWs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robs535 View Post
    This only proves if you look after it properly and maintain it... mileage means nothing
    Of course... My car is NOT beater status at all.

My Cars
    Horse drawn chariot
    Quote Originally Posted by dimm6 View Post
    p.s. I hit 210,000 miles a couple of weeks ago.
    The car looks gorgeous man......at first I liked the wheel more with the inserts but after seeing these pics especially with that Ht I have to hop on the wagon.

As for the mileage its good to see that someone actually drives their z3 and maintains it......are you the original owner? .............mine had 160k on it when I bought it a year ago, now it has 200k because I can't stay out of the dam thing
    Last edited by yash; 07-28-2011 at 10:55 AM.
    "My man did you simply get carried away with your dramatic gesture or were you pointing your water gun at me with lethal intentions ?"

My Cars
    2011 E92 M3, 2007 335i
    Thanks for all the comments. I do agree on the back needing to go lower. I need about 1 to 2 inches drop out back. The only problem is that I can't get the height adjusters to turn. I have the TCK rear height adjusters. Does anyone have any advice for lowering them without removing them from the car? Or do I have no choice and have to remove them from the car? I tried to turn them with the car jacked up, but they wouldn't spin.

http://www.tcklineracing.com/webdocs...Details385.cfm

Other than that I love the way the car looks. And keep the comments coming.
    The height adjusters get dirt and grime in them or may be bound by spring retention. Take them out, clean them and lubricate. I think all roadsters with hardtops look good but that looks tremendously good in part to the fact you have the unobtanium Hamann hardtop. Nice looking ride.
    Now in E92 M3 ZCP -- Absolute beast

My Cars
    02 e367, 08 Acura TL-S
    Some TCK adjusters come with a set screw in the little holes, check to see if yours did. Mine did not, but Y2KMSC's did. Not sure what the rhyme or reason is really. Maybe mine just fell out before shipping

Z3speed4me is offline Coupe Cartel Forever! BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    MCoupe, Q3, Tiguan
    Looking really good!

~Ken~ '99 M coupe THE "original" TT Stage 3 - HTA3586R; 701 whp 672 wtq @ 26.5 psi ; NeverSell - CoupeCartel

My Cars
    2000 M Coupe
    Beauty!
    2000 Z3 MCoupe, '01 LSB E46 M3, '99 GTI VR6, '06 Audi A4, Andrew '95 Avus M3

My Cars
    ML320-GTI-996TT-Bikes
    Awesome!!

SOLD MAY '14
    Mods
    : 6psi Supercharger kit; Rogue RSM's; DINAN strut brace; Magnaflow exhaust; Stewart waterpump; Stoneguards, Glove box fix, M Shift knob; Aux input adapter;
    Mesh bumper grill; Projector Z II headlights (35W Xenon), IE alu radiator, ARD wheel studs, H&R coilovers, Work VS-XX wheels/Hankook V12 tires, VANOS fix

My Cars
    97' M44 Roadster
    Too bad the wheel size are 19'' but wow you're really pulling them off. Can you sell me the the hardtop when your head cracks from the lack of preventative maintenance you've done on the cooling system Kidding aside that ride is pretty slick! This is coming from a guy that doesn't care for the new rear end.
    "Dezmar, your hood has an airfoil. The scoop is raised and it forms an airplanes airfoil. This knocks out the top atoms and allows the bottom atoms to Lift!! You will loose your hood on the highway and hit another car, causing it to crash and someone will Die! (I took it off)"

My Cars
    89 750iL | 91 325iX
    I would murder for a hamman hardtop damn

My Cars
    '00 Z3 2.3 Roady, '08 M5
    Quote Originally Posted by RemedialMoFo View Post
    Too bad the wheel size are 19'' but wow you're really pulling them off. Can you sell me the the hardtop when your head cracks from the lack of preventative maintenance you've done on the cooling system Kidding aside that ride is pretty slick! This is coming from a guy that doesn't care for the new rear end.
    At this point I'm going to see how long the water pump lasts and maybe donate it to BMW when(if) it goes. As for the hardtop it stays with me. I'll just have to get another roady.
    Quote Originally Posted by yash View Post
    The car looks gorgeous man......at first I liked the wheel more with the inserts but after seeing these pics especially with that Ht I have to hop on the wagon.

As for the mileage its good to see that someone actually drives their z3 and maintains it......are you the original owner? .............mine had 160k on it when I bought it a year ago, now it has 200k because I can't stay out of the dam thing
    I bought the car with around 25K miles and never looked back. The car never sits and I think that has a lot to do with it. Just keep driving yours. You won't regret it.

My Cars
    '02 Z3 3.0i 5 speed
    Very nice. M door mirrors would be a nice touch.

My Cars
    4 BMWs.
    At this point I'm going to see how long the water pump lasts and maybe donate it to BMW when(if) it goes. As for the hardtop it stays with me. I'll just have to get another roady.

I bought the car with around 25K miles and never looked back. The car never sits and I think that has a lot to do with it. Just keep driving yours. You won't regret it.
    I know what you mean, I was going to subscribe to your method of maintenance, but my radiator neck broke off and when I took it in to Bimmerclinic, they found my water pump was starting to wobble. Bill said I could get another few thousand out of it, but with a trip to SC coming up I said hell and just change it. You should at least check yours for play... It would suck to be stuck on the side of the road for something like that.

My Cars
    '00 Z3 2.3 Roady, '08 M5
    Quote Originally Posted by cngizbleevng View Post
    Very nice. M door mirrors would be a nice touch.
    Is it safe to assume you have a set for sale? I actually missed a set of Hamann mirrors on the classifieds.
    Quote Originally Posted by amancuso View Post
    ... It would suck to be stuck on the side of the road for something like that.
    At least the car will be looking good on the side of the road. Lol.

My Cars
    4 BMWs.

At least the car will be looking good on the side of the road. Lol.
    I thought the same thing until the radiator neck broke and showered the car with hot coolant.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast