Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: INPA/EDIABAS error codes won't clear

My Cars
    1995 BMW TD

Thumbs up

Awesome it actually does WORK!!

I have taken or copied the exact untouched or ready to go with the settings vmware vdmk image & put it safe aside incase.

Ran IFHSRV32.exe - Actually shows IP address on bottom task bar.

Just connected to car now with ADS switched to ADS.

Restarted Ediabas from the Easy Dis Config Menu.

Ran Diagnosis from main menu.

Didn't pick up the car, probably because its PRE 1998, but the options are there to MANUALLY choose car & even gives an onscreen prompt "Is this car Pre 1998 - Yes or No

From there is pretty self explanatory.

Amazing result, If diagnostics is as far as I can go with my BMW 1995 E36 325 2.5 TD, then that's great.

Presumably I can fault diagnose then cross refer for parts on the TIS I also have installed?

I tried the CODING PAGE but no real response from any selection, hourglass stayed visible??

Also I've noticed the mouse pointer in DIS is very slow to respond & jerky, any way of speeding it up?

I've changed the vmware memory to 900mb, is it worth going over?

Great responses from everyone, thanks

Last edited by tsam19; 01-15-2011 at 09:01 AM.

My Cars
    2000 E46 330i
    David, when you install your ediabas, do you pick STD:OBD or ADS in the installation proccess.
    And after this, did you just change the line to "inteface = ADS" in the ediabas.ini file?
    Any other installation you have to do to install ADS?
    Thanks.
    I suspect it's the cable, I hope not..

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Pepsi, I actually keep 2 ediabas.ini files - one with "Interface = ADS" and the other with "Interface = STD:OBD" and use them depending on which interface mode I run. After substituting the correct Ediabas.ini file, I then run either the ADS or OBD setup from c:/EDIABAS/Hardware (this step is probably not necessary if the ADS setup file was run initially, but it only takes 5 seconds so I do it anyway).

When changing modes between ADS and OBD you need to make sure that neither the IFHSrv32 Netserver or DIS are running so that it adopts the changed ediabas.ini file as DIS boots up.

Remember also that ADS mode is not fully functional unless you are using a true serial port, it also has a definite aversion to Antivirus, firewall and anti-spyware applications running in the background.
    Last edited by David Mc; 01-15-2011 at 09:33 AM.

My Cars
    2000 E46 330i
    Thanks David, I will give it a go. Might not work still, coz I only have a USB-Serial cable, no native serial on my laptop.

My Cars
    BMW 120d SE

B,w 120d - e87 - faults

HI GUYS, ANYONE EVER SEEN THE FOLLOWING http://s1094.photobucket.com/albums/...t%3DFaults.jpg

THE CAR DOESN'T START BUT CRANKS DOORS OPEN ETC, NO POWER TO THE FUEL PUMP RELAY, I THINK ITS FROM WHEN I DISCONNECTED 'ALL' THE MODULES AND RECONNECTED HOPING IT WAS A LOOSE CONNECTION
    CAUSING THE INDICATORS TO FLASH RAPIDLY.
    I HAVE THE FOLLOWING FAULT CODES, CLEAR THEM WITH INPA BUT THEY RETURN IMEDIATLY http://s1094.photobucket.com/albums/...AULTSCODES.jpg

WHEN I TURN ON THE IGNITION I GET THE FOLLOWING CC-ID FAULTS http://s1094.photobucket.com/albums/...=VIDEO0149.mp4

I THINK ITS THE MODULES DME/DDE THAT NEED RE PAIRING OR SOMETHING (yyyyyyyy IN THE inpa REPORT) HOPE THIS CAN BE DONE WITH INPA.

i HAVE ATTACHED MY CONFIG TO GET inpa AND dis WORKING HERE
    http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/.../DISVMINPA.jpg
    http://s1094.photobucket.com/albums/...ent=DIS44-.jpg
    AND THE SCO UNIX CONFIG IS HERE
    http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/.../SCOConfig.jpg

HOPE SOMEONE CAN HELP.

REGARDS

VWMAN

My Cars
    2000 E46 330i
    Looks like a few control units has loss its coding, you might need to get SSS progman on it and do a encode complete car.
    Last edited by pepsicola; 01-18-2011 at 02:16 AM.

My Cars
    2000 E46 330i
    Hi David,

Tried it out today. No errors, but I think it still doesn't work because it's not on a native serial port, I am using a usb-serial cable.
    Do you know if a PCMCIA serial port will work?

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    I can't answer that question I'm afraid as I have never tried one with an ADS interface. Someone here who has may care to chime in on this one.

My Cars
    2000 E46 330i
    spent some time for research, looks like PC card/PCMCIA is the way to get native serial connection.
    already bought one from ebay, it's only 9 bucks, worth a try.

My Cars
    1990 BMW 525I

i have tries...

Some months ago i tried all this installation, with no success, in that time, couldn't use the same Chinese, equipment that you have and i tried in carsoft and ediabas, gt1, and it was all installed i assumed ok.... but i never could get communicative, and i was into a laptop with a serial port, if you do have success please tell me... i will follow this post, maybe you can get far than me and then i will give it a new try...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12