Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Change VIN in DSC or DME

My Cars
    2005 BMW 330xi

Change VIN in DSC or DME

Hey,

have anyone try to change VIN in DSC or DME, i bought crashed E90 and thoose two modules were damaged. I have possibility to buy used DSC and DME and now i'm not sure if i can reprogramm thoose two modules to my VIN.

thanks for help.

Regards, MM

My Cars
    brand new seven
    Yes, I have done this. Use WinKFP to reprogram the module with the latest software and the correct VIN number. Let me know if you need any help.

My Cars
    2005 BMW 330xi
    Hi,

yes i will need help, because i don't have a clue where to start
    I saw in NCSExpert where you can change job that at some profile you can choose read VIN, write VIN,code ECU... and i tought that will be the solution but it didn't work.

Did you use comfort mode or expert mode in WinKFP?
    After updating the software with winKFP, do you have any text box to write VIN? Or it just automatic transfer the VIN from other modules after updating

Bye, MM

My Cars
    brand new seven
    What does it say is the VIN when you read the UIF info from INPA, does it give you the old VIN # or does it show symbols such as YYYYYY in the vin area. The best thing to do is print off the UIF page from inpa so you have the ZB #'s when programming new modules, this will also give you the hardware address so you know you are programming the correct module.

My Cars
    2005 BMW 330xi
    Hey,

i'll try read it out. But i think that it will be the old(not from my car) VIN# in DSC and DME. Do you think that i'll need ZB#'s from old/defect modules that were original from my car?

My Cars
    brand new seven
    No, You will not need the old ZB#, you will only need the ZB# from the DME module you want to update. I will give you a short instructions on how I use WinKfp to program my modules.

1. Go into INPA and print off the complete UIF page with ZB# and programming info.
    2. Close INPA completely and launch WinKFP.
    3. I use comfort mode since it does everything that I need it to do.
    4. Once you are in comfort mode, Click on Choose ZUSB and make sure that the programming data is loaded in there. If you dont have any data in there you will need to load it before you proceed to the next step.
    5. Close the window that is showing the programming data and click on Enter Vin, Enter your complete VIN # of the car you are programming, and click OK, Vin will show up at the top of the program if it accepted it.
    6. Click on Enter ZUSB and enter the ZB# from the UIF printoff from INPA, and click ok.
    7. It should load the next window and show the module # and something in the right screen. You can leave those as default and click ok.
    8. Click on Done, which will bring you to the programming page.
    9. Make sure you car is hooked up to a battery charger before you start the programming.
    10. Once you have everything good to go click on program and sit back and relax, it will go through and will say " You have 1 time left to program this ECU" click OK and it will flash it.

Let me know if you have any questions

My Cars
    2006 BMW 525DA
    Hi. I never used winkfp and never programmed ecus but used to code modules a lot with ncs expert. But naturally I'm interested in programming. BTW I never started Winkfp, now I will, just only see on it, not programming. As I see from your post, there is a last screen where you start programming. If I don't start this programming but test the program, test theese steps that you are posted, can I harm anyithing? I mean if I don't start programming in the last picture but car is hooked up, can I accidently go wrong with something? Thanks for your answer.

My Cars
    2005 BMW 330xi
    Hey,

thanks a lot for instrucitons. I was programming some modules with winkpf, but i usually first wrote down VIN# and then only update ZUSB.
    I think that i have all the lates data (i got latest ISTA/P DVDs from friend).
    I will try it like your instrictions say and i will report. I hope i'll have time for this in saturday.

Thank you again,

regards, MM

Rubiyy387, as i know, you can't mess up if you not press the programming button. If there is everything OK with your car, you don't need to update your modules,sometimes some updates are worse than old version.

My Cars
    2006 BMW 525DA
    Ah I dont want to update my car, I'm not so mad ....

Just I am very interested in it.

My Cars
    BMW E46 CIC.E53 X5.
    Quote Originally Posted by blastmn542 View Post
    No, You will not need the old ZB#, you will only need the ZB# from the DME module you want to update. I will give you a short instructions on how I use WinKfp to program my modules.

1. Go into INPA and print off the complete UIF page with ZB# and programming info.
    2. Close INPA completely and launch WinKFP.
    3. I use comfort mode since it does everything that I need it to do.
    4. Once you are in comfort mode, Click on Choose ZUSB and make sure that the programming data is loaded in there. If you dont have any data in there you will need to load it before you proceed to the next step.
    5. Close the window that is showing the programming data and click on Enter Vin, Enter your complete VIN # of the car you are programming, and click OK, Vin will show up at the top of the program if it accepted it.
    6. Click on Enter ZUSB and enter the ZB# from the UIF printoff from INPA, and click ok.
    7. It should load the next window and show the module # and something in the right screen. You can leave those as default and click ok.
    8. Click on Done, which will bring you to the programming page.
    9. Make sure you car is hooked up to a battery charger before you start the programming.
    10. Once you have everything good to go click on program and sit back and relax, it will go through and will say " You have 1 time left to program this ECU" click OK and it will flash it.

Let me know if you have any questions
    Hi finally a how to for winkfp thank you I have wanted to program something for a while and you have given one more key...If you could write a step by step on loading the data i have wasted hours trying and re-reading the manual but...no joy.

My Cars
    2006 BMW 525DA
    blastmn542, that step by step would my christmast gift I think too. So please.....
    Last edited by Rubiyy387; 12-07-2010 at 03:26 PM.

My Cars
    brand new seven
    I will do a step by step if someone can help me out with the SSS install. I have the sss XP base hacked install and SSS V32 disc 1 of 2 but I am missing the second disc. Can anyone help me out with a download link, you can PM the info. I will do a write up for you guys, hell i might even do a howto video to show you how I do it.

Thanks to anyone that can help!!

My Cars
    BMW E46 CIC.E53 X5.

My Cars
    2006 BMW 525DA
    A tons of people would thank you including me that.

My Cars
    mini cooper r56
    Hi i had to change my DME with another because mine has a problem with auto start stop function.I've readed that you can replace it with a used,and change vin with WinKFP.
    i installed it and before changing the vin i got this error from DIS
    How can i fix this problem or it will be fixed after changing the Vin?
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    any update?

My Cars
    2001 BMW M3 Coupe
    EWS = Elektronische Wegfahr Sperre = Electronic Immobilizer

actions seem to have been considered tampering of the protection system.
    codes are exchanged between DME and EWS every time the car is started.

did you try to clean the fault memory?
    Last edited by Dspor; 12-13-2011 at 06:52 AM.

My Cars
    mini cooper r56
    No..there is a secret code stored in DME and CAS which is locked due to the MOTOROLA 912x chipset which is used to the CAS.The older CAS modules ESW2,EWS3 used 912 chipset.The "x" series is locked from the factory.So you need a special MCU programmer to do that job!

My Cars
    2006 E90 330i
    There should be a service function in DIS to re-synchronize the CAS and the DME.

My Cars
    mini cooper r56
    there is.But it is for EWS2 & 3.You need to "hack" now.get out of the car the CAS read the MCU with a proper programmer,unlock and read the secret key and then write it to the DME.

My Cars
    2007 MINI Cooper S
    So it is possible to write the secret key on the DME even if it is not virgin? There is some software which claims it can read the secret codes through the OBD2 socket (i.e. no removal and soldering).

My Cars
    mini cooper r56
    yes.you can do it via OBD2 or read the key directly from CAS.but this needs to get out of the car the CAS module.I don't know the price of the software you posted but there are very cheap programs and interfaces.I don't post because maybe they think i make promotion.

My Cars
    2005 M3 & 2004 330i
    WinKFP should be able to change the VIN of both. But even if you change the VIN of the DME, I don't think you'll be able to get around the EWS tables not matching. Those are write-once afaik

My Cars
    BMW
    Thank you for being so helpful.

My Cars
    1999 BMW 320I E46
    Hi blastmn542,
    Can I align my DME -EWS with WinKFP. Because my DME is damage and I want to buy 2 hand on Ebay.
    Can you help me please because my car stay for about 4 weeks.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast