Thread: Oops, someone help me out?

My Cars
    98 740i, 09 Yamaha R6

Oops, someone help me out?

So I was messing around with the seat controls last night and I accidentally pushed the lumbar support button in. Any ideas on how would I go about getting it back out?

It's part #8, the circular one. Any help would be appreciated.
    Last edited by Ponomar; 11-28-2010 at 01:21 PM.

My Cars
    2015 435i sport
    that entire trim piece that holds the buttons comes off with two or 3 screws (one is under the seat back and is a little tough to get to with your screwdriver). you may have to take it apart to fix it.
    2006 750i 2001 740LI (RIP)

My Cars
    98 740i, 09 Yamaha R6
    Oh well that's not too bad of an idea at all. I'll go do it now. Thanks for the help!

My Cars
    735i 2001 E38
    If you pushed it in good chance #5 popped off or broke

Have a technical question, don't send me a PM but post it on the board so others can benefit from it!

My Cars
    98 740i, 09 Yamaha R6
    Nope. Everything seems to be intact.

My Cars
    15 650ix GC & 14 X5 50i
    The lumbar switch is the trickest one to work with...it has 4 small tabs/nibs/fingers/clips that need to be pressed in...then the whole switch slides out of the grooves on each side. But that #5 piece is also in the way and needs to be moved first.

If you say that the backing piece (#5) is intact...I'm not sure what happened to the lumbar switch. Can you post up a pic?

You can see #5 in the image below...it's on the left with the big red arrow pointing at it...move that piece out of the way...then see if the lumbar switch has been pushed out of its tracks:

(image and writing by: Bluebee (bimmerfest.com's e39 forum...she didn't know the function of this piece since she has the regular 10-way seats that doesn't have the LUMBAR option)

(you can see #5 in this pic, too...again, it slides out so that you can access the lumbar switch)

(you can see the two little folding tabs/nibs/clips/fingers on the left side of the switch that you press to remove the lumbar switch from the cover)

Here's images by Rhett (e38.org) that shows the lumbar switch, it's tabs that secure it in the cover, and how you press them in to slide the lumbar swtich out

Last edited by Qsilver7; 11-29-2010 at 03:56 PM.
    Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.

2015 650ix GC (Moonstone/Cohiba Brown) <<~>> 2014 X5 50i (Space Gray/Mocha)