Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WinKFP programming?

My Cars
    2006 530d m-sport

WinKFP programming?

I am looking at programming my KGM module with WINKFP, anybody got any help and tips for doing this?, can WINKFP add, remove or change programming or is it just for programming new modules?

My Cars
    2006 BMW 525DA
    I would like to know it too. Hopefully sombody clever than us will say it.

My Cars
    BMW E46 CIC.E53 X5.
    Hi this is my current quest also here is some help that l found.l am at step 5 and will keep going as time allows
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by rondo; 11-12-2010 at 11:24 AM.

My Cars
    2006 530d m-sport
    Chears rondo, I have that pdf and im trying to copy the data files over from my ista archive but my damn dvd drive keeps playing up. WINKFP looks really scary

My Cars
    BMW E46 CIC.E53 X5.
    Yep it is scary thats part of the attraction

My Cars
    BMW 330CI DropTop
    So you guys need the User's Guide, don't forget to read all of the 191 pages.
    Last edited by Beemer187; 07-11-2012 at 05:39 PM. Reason: Link removed....

My Cars
    BMW E46 CIC.E53 X5.
    Hi thanks for guide i have read at least4 times and seem more confused each time .On the plus side i think i have loaded the right datem to the right places now[maybe].Is there a dummy guide to update e46 engine module.
    Has anyone got winkfpt working in english my .ini does not have this choice available?
    Last edited by rondo; 11-12-2010 at 01:52 PM.

My Cars
    2006 530d m-sport
    Mines in English rondo, I have attached the .ini file from my NFS. See if it works for you.

My Cars
    BMW E46 CIC.E53 X5.
    Thanks i have similar flash .ini can you post winkfpt.ini?

My Cars
    2006 530d m-sport
    Here you go.

My Cars
    BMW E46 CIC.E53 X5.
    Big thanks will try later to progress

My Cars
    2006 BMW 525DA
    Guys, maybe a stupid question but I never did any programming so:

what is the major difference between winkfp and nfs?

My Cars
    2005 M3 & 2004 330i
    winkfp/nfs doesn't have many uses for pre-most bus cars. On the e46 for example, only modules that can be reprogrammed are the DME, EGS, or SMG box (if applicable)

NFS is the programming software used for the most-bus cars. Basically does the same thing Winkfp does
    Last edited by TerraPhantm; 11-12-2010 at 08:32 PM.

My Cars
    E46/5 318ti
    Quote Originally Posted by TerraPhantm View Post
    winkfp/nfs doesn't have many uses for pre-most bus cars. On the e46 for example, only modules that can be reprogrammed are the DME, EGS, or SMG box (if applicable)
    I cannot reprogramm my IHKA in E46?

Is there any other way than WinKFP to reprogramm an IHKA ECU?

Greets.

My Cars
    BMW E46 CIC.E53 X5.
    Hi this can't be true that we are limited to what modules to re program. The manual makes no exceptions to any modules that cant be reprogrammed that I read about.What is the point of loading all the datum if we cant use it ?

My Cars
    2004 530i
    My install is in German. I tried BLood's .ini but it didn't work.
    2004 530i

My Cars
    brand new seven
    I had that issue with an older version that didnt have english.. What version are you running?

My Cars
    2004 530i
    4.2. I have NCS version 3.1 with V38 daten files as well. Do I need a newer version of winkfp or can I just use the German version? If not steer me in the right direction for a newer version? Can I use the same V38 daten files?
    2004 530i

My Cars
    2005 M3 & 2004 330i
    Quote Originally Posted by rondo View Post
    Hi this can't be true that we are limited to what modules to re program. The manual makes no exceptions to any modules that cant be reprogrammed that I read about.What is the point of loading all the datum if we cant use it ?
    If you take a look at everything in the "DATA" folder (from progman or ista/p) you'll notice that only the engine and transmission modules are covered.

If it is possible to reprogram the modules, we don't have the files to do it. We're getting the data from the Dealer tools, and since they have no mechanisms of reprogramming anything besides the DME and EGS in the older cars, we can't program anything else either. Now if we had some archives that BMW uses internally, then maybe it'd be possible.
    Last edited by TerraPhantm; 12-07-2010 at 11:08 PM.

My Cars
    2006 530d m-sport
    NFS refuses my car same as progman does, target data error. Winkfp works though, I successfully programmed my KGM after nearly bricking my car.

My Cars
    (OO=[][]=OO)
    It's and advancement of technology. The older cars simply have the software stored in a ROM, so it can not be changed. The newer cars/modules have EEPROM/flash memory where the program is stored and of course now it can be reprogrammed.

My Cars
    2005 M3 & 2004 330i
    Quote Originally Posted by joako View Post
    It's and advancement of technology. The older cars simply have the software stored in a ROM, so it can not be changed. The newer cars/modules have EEPROM/flash memory where the program is stored and of course now it can be reprogrammed.
    Not true in every case. e46 LSZ does have reprogrammable flash memory which determines the coding index and features... Should be programmable by an external programmer. But it doesn't seem to be accessible by the BMW programs. Instead we only have access to the tiny EEPROM which contains the type of stuff ncs codes as well as VIN and mileage.

My Cars
    (OO=[][]=OO)
    Right, maybe it has a few kb of eeprom for settings and the like, also some BMW modules that is for security, VIN etc is "write once" (when using BMW API)

But newer modules such as from E65 forward have re-writable storage measured in MB for program & data. Older modules have maybe a few hundred kb of program and a few kb of rewritable data.

Think of it like a LiveCD OS on a PC. Once it's made it can't be changed.... but you have a floppy drive you can save your data to.

My Cars
    2005 M3 & 2004 330i

Quote Originally Posted by joako View Post
    Right, maybe it has a few kb of eeprom for settings and the like, also some BMW modules that is for security, VIN etc is "write once" (when using BMW API)

But newer modules such as from E65 forward have re-writable storage measured in MB for program & data. Older modules have maybe a few hundred kb of program and a few kb of rewritable data.

Think of it like a LiveCD OS on a PC. Once it's made it can't be changed.... but you have a floppy drive you can save your data to.
    No, it's definitely reprogrammable, the same microcontroller (freescale MC9S12D64) is used in a variety of applications. It has a 1KB EEPROM (which is accessible through our k-bus tools) and 64K flash on board, both are rewritable. The stuff on that flash is what determines the coding index, and if I got a good dump and an external programmer, I'm positive I can update it. Maybe it's even possible to access through the K-bus, but the software we have won't do it.

The proper analogy would be a CD-RW with a Linux LiveCD burned onto it being used in a standard CD-ROM drive. The data can be re-written/updated, but not with the equipment it's being used in. With the proper tools it'd be trivial
    Last edited by TerraPhantm; 04-07-2011 at 11:47 PM.

My Cars
    Peguet 206,Bmw e90
    Hi guys
    I have a question about winkfp programming,I've an E71 3.5 2011 n55(L501112) with EGS/TCM Problem,I found a second hand EGS/TCM with a different VIN No,Now i want help for remove this VIN and replace it with Actual VIN No but I Can't found ZB# of that on ECU Family,Can anybody help me in this case?Sorry for my bad English

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast