Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ebay Find: One-Owner, Low Mileage, Sunroof-Delete S54

My Cars
    02 M Coupe, 07 A3 S-Line

Ebay Find: One-Owner, Low Mileage, Sunroof-Delete S54 Coupe

I'm sorry to be posting all these, but there have been some really interesting coupes for sale this summer. I'm not sure the selling dealership knows what they have, so it could be a good deal for somebody. They said the SSR GT3 wheels are a rare factory option . The coupe itself looks immaculate with only 26,000 miles and one owner (never driven in the rain). It appears pretty stock to me besides the wheels, and I think probably lowering springs. They didn't set a buy-it-now, so I'm not sure what they want for it. Let me know if you find out.

http://************/01irsunroofdelete
    http://listings.mcoupebuyersguide.co...?ListingID=176

Last edited by jrmartin03; 08-31-2010 at 08:31 AM.

2002 Steel Gray over Imola Red M Coupe

My Cars
    02 m 367 & 99 m 368
    Never driven in the rain in Portland OR would explain the low milage.

My Cars
    E30 M3
    $25k, I spoke to the dealer this morning. The previous owner traded in a M3, this car, and a replica Porsche Speedster on a XKR.
    Those Who Stay Will Be Champions

My Cars
    S50 ///M Coupe, DSM
    damn, $25k?
    seems like a really good deal to me.
    paging enthusiast auto!

My Cars
    E36M3/E46M3/E39M5/E63M6
    Man....that is the car I want....color, interior, miles...Anyone want to buy S52 MC for $25K? :-)
    E36/8 2000 M Coupe Cosmos Black/Black
    Shark, Conforti CAI, B&B Exhaust, H&R, Bilstein, AKG Subframe/Diff, UUC TME Red/Caps, Swapped Front Hats, Ice>Link.
    ================================================== =======================

My Cars
    98 M Roadster
    What tacky wheels. I would just hate to own that coupe...

My Cars
    2002 Smurf Hearse
    Quote Originally Posted by GoBLue View Post
    $25k, I spoke to the dealer this morning. The previous owner traded in a M3, this car, and a replica Porsche Speedster on a XKR.
    What a crappy trade. I'd rather own a Kia.
    Jag =
    jeremy [AT] coupecartel [DOT] com

1 of 1 | 2002 Laguna Seca Blue/Black M Coupe | LK61201
    "I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.."

My Cars
    Z3, G37 Coupe, GLE
    They probably thought the SSR's were factory because of the centercaps Beautiful car though!

BF.c member 39,803

My Cars
    02 M Coupe, 07 A3 S-Line
    Quote Originally Posted by Z3Couper View Post
    What a crappy trade. I'd rather own a Kia.
    Jag =
    Not sure about Kia...but agreed. I'd rather have any of the three cars he traded over an XK.

My Cars
    2002 Smurf Hearse
    Quote Originally Posted by jrmartin03 View Post
    Not sure about Kia...but agreed. I'd rather have any of the three cars he traded over an XK.
    It was an exaggeration for sure... Just the same, if you could measure the residual value, utility of the vehicle, overall design, quality, and enjoyability, the Kia would come out on top. I guess that's somewhat subjective though.

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.."

My Cars
    E30 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Z3 View Post
    They probably thought the SSR's were factory because of the centercaps Beautiful car though!
    They have the roadstars too...
    Those Who Stay Will Be Champions

My Cars
    '01 M Coupe - Rover
    $25k would be a walkaway steal. Wheels is nasty.

My Cars
    2001 M Roadster
    Bonerific. The ex-wife must have traded her divorce lottery winnings to have the jag she always wanted.

Wait, this has been posted since this morning and EA hasn't bought it yet? Wtf?
    Last edited by JWin; 08-31-2010 at 08:51 PM.

My Cars
    02 M Coupe, 07 A3 S-Line
    They just listed it on AutoTrader at a price of $24,995. Someone buy it!

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false

It almost makes me suspicious that Enthusiast Auto hasn't bought it yet...

My Cars
    02 M Coupe, 95 M3, 20 X2
    I'm sorry to be posting all these, but there have been some really interesting coupes for sale this summer.
    Keep posting them man! I like to see other coupes for sale out there. You never know if I might be tempted to start a collection

My Cars
    '14 X3
    I think what you're doing is great. Your website is so organized and I like the commentary you put in as well. I've never seen so many M coupes up for sale. Do you know the average number of days between listing and close?

My Cars
    2002 Smurf Hearse
    It almost makes me suspicious that Enthusiast Auto hasn't bought it yet...
    Me too. I wish I had something more clever to say about it...

My Cars
    02 M Coupe, 07 A3 S-Line
    The Ebay reserve has already been met at $24k. I think they'll end up getting over their asking price with 8 days still left.

Quote Originally Posted by BenH View Post
    I think what you're doing is great. Your website is so organized and I like the commentary you put in as well. I've never seen so many M coupes up for sale. Do you know the average number of days between listing and close?
    I don't have average number of days calculated yet, but sounds like a great idea for a feature addition. I'll let you know when it's ready.
    Last edited by jrmartin03; 09-01-2010 at 02:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    2-M Coupes & 1-Roadster
    Hi; I just came across this Bimmerforum discussion about the 2001 M Coupe that's for sale at Monte Shelton Jaguar in Portland, Oregon.

I saw the ad on Autotrader this morning, telephoned the salesman, Dave, at the dealership when it opened, verified the $24,995 price with no extra charges, and put a $250 VISA deposit on the car subject to my inspection. I stopped at my bank and got a bank draft for the balance of the car thinking that the car would be perfect.

I was over an hour into the 5-hour drive and just crossing over the U.S. border to see the car when Dave called me and said that the deal was off. Then I talked with Dave's sales manager, Neil, and Neil said that although the car was listed on Autotrader at $24,995, that he would not sell the car at that price and that he was obligated to let the E-Bay listing run its course.

As all elements of a contract were in place between myself and the dealership for the sale and purchase of the car, i.e. offer, acceptance and consideration. However, Neil offered to reimburse me with a check for $100 from the dealership by my not pursuing the issue - which I accepted and appreciated.

Now notice that the Autotrader ad is now cancelled.

later, g.

My Cars
    02 M Coupe, 07 A3 S-Line
    That's too bad. It sounds like it is a nice car. I heard it has the original rod bearings, but that can be easily remedied.

Here's another nice deal for the imola red coupe fans: http://listings.mcoupebuyersguide.co...?ListingID=179

My Cars
    2002 Smurf Hearse
    Quote Originally Posted by geraldkealakai View Post
    Hi; I just came across this Bimmerforum discussion about the 2001 M Coupe that's for sale at Monte Shelton Jaguar in Portland, Oregon.

I saw the ad on Autotrader this morning, telephoned the salesman, Dave, at the dealership when it opened, verified the $24,995 price with no extra charges, and put a $250 VISA deposit on the car subject to my inspection. I stopped at my bank and got a bank draft for the balance of the car thinking that the car would be perfect.

I was over an hour into the 5-hour drive and just crossing over the U.S. border to see the car when Dave called me and said that the deal was off. Then I talked with Dave's sales manager, Neil, and Neil said that although the car was listed on Autotrader at $24,995, that he would not sell the car at that price and that he was obligated to let the E-Bay listing run its course.

As all elements of a contract were in place between myself and the dealership for the sale and purchase of the car, i.e. offer, acceptance and consideration. However, Neil offered to reimburse me with a check for $100 from the dealership by my not pursuing the issue - which I accepted and appreciated.

Now notice that the Autotrader ad is now cancelled.

later, g.
    Bummer man. Sorry to hear that. Pretty crappy of them, but I supposed nothing was set in stone.

I wonder if Enthusiast Auto has their hands in this now...

My Cars
    2-M Coupes & 1-Roadster
    I've heard of dealers doing a bait-and-switch by using certain favorable pricing on a particular car.

By the sales manager of Monte Shelton Jaguar giving me consideration of a $100 check in order not to pursue the completion of our deal, it seems to me that this dealer was on the up-and-up, and someone in their office truly made a mistake by listing the car for sale on Autotrader, when the car should have been listed by the dealer only on E-Bay.

I'll do a bid for the car on E-Bay later.

later, g.

My Cars
    2000 M-Coupe, 1994 SE-R
    Quote Originally Posted by BenH View Post
    I think what you're doing is great. Your website is so organized and I like the commentary you put in as well. I've never seen so many M coupes up for sale.
    I completely agree. As someone who's in the market for one I'll say I should basically be paying jrmartin for all his help!

jr, do you keep track of M coupes only? (Or can I find non-M coupes on there?)
    Last edited by BenFenner; 09-01-2010 at 04:54 PM.

My Cars
    02 M Coupe, 07 A3 S-Line
    Quote Originally Posted by BenFenner View Post
    Do you keep track of M coupes only? (Or can I find non-M coupes on there?)
    Just M Coupes at this point. If I ever have more time I may expand to Z3 Coupes or Z4 M Coupes.

By the way, I have a 99 Sentra SE-Limited with the SR20. I haven't run into an SE-R owner for a while.

My Cars
    05 M3, 01 Z3M, Jeep ZJ
    nice coupe!!!!

Current:
    2001 S54 M-Coupe
    2011 Mini Cooper Countryman S
    94 Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.0L/242 TC (Daily)

Past:

95 325i Convertible/Boston Green
    01 330Ci Convertible/Steel Grey/Stick
    05 Infiniti G35 Premium/Tech

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast