BMW of Bloomfield

Thread: FS: '99 540i/6, Dinan5, M5 LSD, Koni Susp & sways, M5 Body, ALL RECORDS, CLEAN!

My Cars
    09 E90 M3 89 325i

FS: '99 540i/6, Dinan5, M5 LSD, Koni Susp & sways, M5 Body, ALL RECORDS, CLEAN!

***SOLD***

***PRICE DROP to $8,999***

I decided to start an actual FS thread since the other one still had "FEELER" at the beginning and dated back to 2008. It can be found here: http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=827481

Well things have changed a bit. I went from absolutely wanting to keep the car to now needing something a bit bigger. Since I also have an E30 now as my DD and "fun car" this one is unfortunately going back up for sale.

- '99 540i 6-speed (10/98 build date)
    - 186k miles (majority highway; runs incredibly smooth; can have leakdown test done at potential buyer's expense)*
    - Black w/Tan Interior (sport seats)
    - Sports Package
    - EVERY OPTION besides Nav, phone and rear shades
    - DSP sound system w/6-dics
    - The car will come with 2 Remote keys AND two plastic valet keys (how many people still have those now a days?!)
    - PRICE UPDATE: $8,999

* Please do not let the miles scare you! This car has been meticulously maintained and preventative maintenance has been performed on the very smallest of items with a book of receipts to prove it. Unlike most cars out there with this mileage most all of the parts are new or like new and you won't find yourself having to "nickel and dime" your way through it. I've gone to great lengths to make sure the car has stayed in the best possible shape. This car if maintained will easily go double the miles it has on it now. I will be more than happy to have a PPI done on it at the expense of the buyer ($159) and am confident that she will pass with flying colors! This isn't a clapped out, junked up 540i. It is one that has been driven and proudly driven which is why it has the miles. I would love to hold onto it but simply need something larger. If I don't get what I want for it I'll ust keep it and drive it every now and then but a down payment on my next car would be nice

Upgrades/Maintenance:
    - M5 3.15 LSD Diff (includes M5 driveshaft, appropriate flanges, Royal Purple fluid) - now roughly 20k old and in perfect condition
    - Eibach Swaybar Kit with polybushings (28mm front and 18mm rear); has TRANSFORMED the car!
    - StopTech M5 Slotted Rotors (with fresh brake flush) - new Axxis ULT pads at 180k
    - Bosch 13477 O2 Sensors
    - (NEW!) Koni Yellows with Eibach Pro Kit Springs (see my second post below for a link to pics; I'm VERY impressed with the setup!) - Replace the FSD's. Lifetime warranty!
    - ASA AR1 wheels in 18x9 ALL AROUND (i.e. non-staggered); has significantly helped with understeer. - 1 year old with BRAND NEW tires (Hankook Ventus V12 Evo K110's in 275/35/18) road force balanced
    - OEM Hella AE XENON Headlights with blacked out reflectors (used with broken adjusters but are secured with tie wraps and still point straight and look incredible!)
    - (NEW) F.A.G. Front wheel bearings
    - (NEW) OEM Lower Control Arms
    - (NEW) OEM Upper Control Arms with Powerflex Bushings
    - (NEW) BavAuto Rear and Guiding Links
    - (NEW) BavAuto Rear Wishbones
    - (NEW) Bosch DSC Control unit (properly coded and intalled)
    - Dinan CAI - $500 from Dinan
    - Dinan MAF - $900 from Dinan
    - Dinan Throttle Body - $800 from Dinan
    - Dinan Stage 5 Software - $900 from Dinan
    - Pre-VANOS Intake Manifold - Dinan wnats $1200 for theirs!
    - Magnaflow 14816 exhaust (resonator Delete in April of '08) - Sounds VERY mean!
    - (NEW) Hankook Ventus V12 Evo K110 in 275/35/18 (installed 7/27/2010)
    - CCV Delete
    - OEM M5 brake system
    - Stoptech Stainless Steel Brake Lines
    - Axxis ULT Pads
    - ATE Super Blue fluids
    - M3 SSK
    - 330ZHP weight shift knob
    - Euro-Spec Black Grill
    - EAS Blacked out badges (FULL BADGES, not "stickers") - NEW kit will be installed when sold.
    - 35% tint all around
    - OEM M5 Body kit (M-Technic rear valence and "sink drains" in front grill) with proper undercarriage panels and wheel liners up front
    - Bekker's M5 lip spoiler
    - DDM Tuning Hamann style splitters.
    - OEM +01 Headlights with Xenons (some minor pitting but can be buffed out; probably will be buffed soon; broken adjusters unfortunately but angled so they work fine!)
    - DEPO Smoked Tailights and second set of Depo red/clear tails (NO LEAKS!)
    - Xenon Foglights
    - Royal Purple Tranny and Diff fluids
    - ??????????

The car alo comes with the original air box and intake, original intake manifold, original diff and driveshaft, original headlights and taillights, original sways, pair of Depo Clear/Red tails and whatever else I can find. I kept everything including replaced plugs, O2 sensors, etc. even if they weren't bad...

Aesthetically the car looks INCREDIBLE inside and out. There is some slight webbing on the paint, but being black it is ALOT better than others. People are constantly impressed with the quality of the paint and I always get compliments on it. There are a some rock chips and minor scratches in random places but nothing out of the ordinary.

The interior is in great shape as well with. The carpet mats are a bit stained but that is it. No cracks in the wood or broken buttons on the controls. There is a VERY SLIGHT bit of "clouding" on the M emblem at the top of the shift knob, nothing unusual. There is some wear though on the driver's outside bolster.

From a performance standpoint this car has to be in the top % of M62tu's out there! It is INCREDIBLY strong with no leaks, "odd" noises or oil consumption. I've run with a friend putting down 295rwhp in his '99 S/C'ed M3 and have no problem keep up from a 55mph roll. I've also performed well against E39 M5's and am quicker than E60 535is. It is a very solid car. The sound of the exhaust and intake are also quite pleasing! VERY throaty and pronouced, but subtle and pleasing without any droning in the low RPMs. The clutch was replaced at 108k and taken out and reinstalled with a new pivot bearing, pilot bearing and fork at 116k. There is absolutely NO slip anywhere in the RPM band as I generally drive it quite easily. I rev-match every down shift so wear has been kept at a minimum.

The car handles and rides extremely well for a large sedan.The Koni Yellows and Eibach package is quite amazing and provides a great balance of comfort and performance. With the Eibach sway bars I put on the car is flat as can be, holds the road INCREDIBLY well and overall is an impressive 4-door.

The previous owner was in his 50's and babied the car for nearly 7 years. He had ALL of his maintenance up to 115k done at Leith BMW in Raleigh, NC and was so anal about records that he recorded EVERY DROP OF GAS THAT WENT INTO THE CAR. I still have those records too! He had the station where he got it, the MPG, the price, etc. I average 22.6 mpg highway and city and get 27'ish on highway drives. I have literaly "book" of receipts both from his ownership and mine.

Since I've had it I've done the Valley Pan gasket, CCV, intake manifold gaskets, all of the suspension, alternator, DSC unit, all pulleys and belts, had every system flushed and properly filled, cooling system overhaul, tranny and diff fluid (Royal Purple), changed oil religiously every 3k miles with Mobil 1 0w40, changed all of the belts, had the brake system flushed with ATE Blue fluids and performed other maintenance. This car is in immaculate shpare of the age and mileage.

There isn't anything wrong with the car, heck I'll probably wake up tomorrw and delete this, but my situation has determined for me that I need something a bit bigger for just occassionaly use. I guarantee that you'll be hard pressed to find a car for this price that offers the comfort, performance and quality of this car!

Just let me know what you guys think!

I can get pictures of ANYTHING on the car you would like just let me know!

***I just pulled the AutoCheck history on the car and on 3/14/2007 a "minor incident was reported." This is true but by minor they mean a guy tapped my rear bumper just enough to scratch it and make a small imprint on the rear bumper. The guy stopped behind me, wasn't paying attention and rolled into me. It was TOTALLY cosmetic and I still have pictures of it! This was not an accident at all just a minor bump. I did enought complaining that they did replace the bumper though since it "dented" the plastic bumper where his license plate bolts were. I think I still have the bumper in my garage as well.***

Last edited by PutterMcGavin; 08-22-2010 at 12:07 PM.
    Current Bimmer: '89 E30 DD, '89 E30 Project
    Former Bimmers: '09 E9 M3, '99 E39 540i, Dinan Stg. V | Dinan CAI, Dinan MAF, Dinan TB, Dinan S/W, Pre-VANOS "Dinan" intake manifold, Magnaflow exhaust, res. delete, M3 SSK| M5 3.15 LSD, Koni FSD w/Eibach Pro Kit, Eibach Sway bars, Powerflex bushings, Rogue tranny mounts, 18x9 ASA AR1's, 275 General Ex UHP's at each corner | M5 Brake system, Stoptech SS Lines, Axxis ULTs F&R, Stoptech Slotted rotors, ATE Super Blue...

My Cars
    09 E90 M3 89 325i

(Only a quarter of the records...)

Morning bump
    Last edited by PutterMcGavin; 08-18-2010 at 08:59 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Former Bimmers: '09 E9 M3, '99 E39 540i, Dinan Stg. V | Dinan CAI, Dinan MAF, Dinan TB, Dinan S/W, Pre-VANOS "Dinan" intake manifold, Magnaflow exhaust, res. delete, M3 SSK| M5 3.15 LSD, Koni FSD w/Eibach Pro Kit, Eibach Sway bars, Powerflex bushings, Rogue tranny mounts, 18x9 ASA AR1's, 275 General Ex UHP's at each corner | M5 Brake system, Stoptech SS Lines, Axxis ULTs F&R, Stoptech Slotted rotors, ATE Super Blue...

My Cars
    2010 Mustang GT
    Interested in any trades?

My Cars
    09 E90 M3 89 325i
    Quote Originally Posted by HushH View Post
    Interested in any trades?
    Not at this time but thanks for the offer!

My Cars
    09 E90 M3 89 325i
    ***sold!***

My Cars
    1987 535i, 1999 540i
    I made a 300 mile trip to pick this baby up and it was well worth the trip. It was great to deal with such an honest seller, the car's condition was even better than I expected. Thanks for the hospitality and the great car James! I'll take good care of her.