Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 1/4 mile results: M3 with bolt-ons **videos**

My Cars
    95 m3
    Quote Originally Posted by m3luckyoo View Post
    Ya no kidding. I have heard that 3.64-3.73 gears are the sweetspot for these cars. Definitely on the future mod list after I get a fresh engine =P
    I cant decide between the two. I had a spontaneous urge to hit the strip yesterday, (most likely interlaced by being bumped down two spots recently..) but I went to the gym instead. If weather permits Ill probably go next wed.

Mods: obd1 s52, SS replica headers, SS race mid-section, SS exhaust, euro intake, 3.5" hfm, turner tune, 24lb injectors, uuc flywheel, m5 clutch.

My Cars
    99 M3, 16' x35d, 09 128i
    Quote Originally Posted by Hetzle View Post
    Only reason I say that is because I've gotten comments from a bunch of people who track their cars a lot, I never thought I shifted fast until people told me so but yeah I'll have to wait til summer for track results, I'm excited
    Same here, Jworms said i shifted quick and it was normal for me lol

Your forgetting that your gears have a lot to do with you fast 13.2 1/4 mile time. You might not be as lightweight as others but gears get you off that launch like a bat out of hell. lol.
    yeah man, i have to shift into 4th RIGHT at the END on the 1320ft

Its you're not your fyi.

My Cars
    E46 M3 6MT

Thumbs up

Impressive run Worms, glad to see that your car is still running strong!

My Cars
    ESS 625++
    great vids/driving. car sounds great.

but with the perfect launch and 60 ft. i don't think you are going break into the 12s unless you lose more weight or gain a lot more hp.
    ESS 625
    RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE

My Cars
    Ferrari 458, Model 3
    Quote Originally Posted by 95s52 View Post
    I cant decide between the two. I had a spontaneous urge to hit the strip yesterday, (most likely interlaced by being bumped down two spots recently..) but I went to the gym instead. If weather permits Ill probably go next wed.
    hah, i know the feeling! the day before yesterday i was plotting out the route up to sacramento, especially since the track is now open! and hey, it's only 3-4 hours further than famoso

somewhat off-topic, but do you usually go to the wednesday night drags there? is it crowded? have you ever been to the test/tune on saturdays? i think it costs $50, but i heard it's way less crowded. that would probably be the event i'd end up going to if i go up there.

anyway, can't wait to see what your car runs!

Quote Originally Posted by OxfordM3 View Post
    Impressive run Worms, glad to see that your car is still running strong!
    yep, strong as ever. thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Patrón View Post
    great vids/driving. car sounds great.

but with the perfect launch and 60 ft. i don't think you are going break into the 12s unless you lose more weight or gain a lot more hp.
    good to see there are still some skeptics out there. i look forward to proving you wrong

i went to the 1/8th mile last night to try and get some practice in with these drag radials using the advice from ltw97m3 and m3luckyoo. i'd say i definitely learned a few things...

i only got two runs. here's my first run:
    http://whatjonsaid.com/m3/in.car.tim.../first.run.wmv
    (you'll have to download it, i didn't put it up on youtube - it's 24mb)
    ran a 8.440 @ 83.34mph with a 2.907 60ft. timeslip here:
    http://whatjonsaid.com/m3/in.car.tim...l/IMG_0405.jpg

so for that run i launched at around 4500RPM and bogged! i guess i didn't realize how much grip i had to work with...on to the second run with the knowledge i acquired from my first run ...

8.323@83.05mph with a 1.813 60ft!

i launched at around 5500RPM and it just GRIPPED!
    as you can see, i had a bit of trouble on the 1-> 2 shift and the tail got a bit squirmy...i'm not really sure what i can do to resolve that and i know i'm losing time with it happening. either way, it's the best 1/8th mile ET i've run so far

so, things i learned:
    1) these tires definitely like lower air pressure (thanks dave!). i ran with 20psi for the first run and around 18 or 19 for the second run.
    2) i feel like i have a lot more left in my launch. i'm confident that 1.7s are definitely within reach!
    3) i know irwindale is a sticky track from my previous runs there with my rcomp tires...so i don't know if that's the only reason i'm able to run such great 60ft times there. this scares me because i don't want to go back to famoso, or even sacramento (both 1/4 mile tracks), and get the same/similar traction issues i experienced before.

** this is my favorite part of last night's results **
    4) as you can see from my 1/4 mile results in the first post, i ran the 1/8th in 8.617 with a 2.040 60ft (timeslip below for reference):

with these 1/8 mile results from last night (8.323 with a 1.813 60ft) i ran 3 tenths quicker than what i did in the 1/4 mile run with only .227 quicker of a 60ft time (timeslip above). just goes to show how much bettering your 60ft time drops much more time than a 1:1 ratio further down the track...and this is only looking at the 1/8th mile results! i would LOVE to see what that 8.323 1/8th mile time would translate to in terms of 1/4 mile times! then, just imagine if i can run a 1.7 60ft and not spin through 2nd...
    Last edited by jworms; 01-03-2022 at 12:28 AM. Reason: updated links
    UUC EVO III SSK | M50 Intake Manifold | Conforti 3.5" CAI | AA Software | 3.5" HFM (unplugged)
    Fan Delete | Strömung Exhaust | UUC Stg2 Ltw Flywheel | X-Brace | AA Track Pipe | 3.46 Differential

1/4 mile: 13.3@104.2mph; 8.6 in 1/8; 2.04 60' | Best 1/8 mile: 8.3@83mph; 1.81 60'
    Dyno: 242rwhp/232rwtq
    SOLD

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3
    Good job Jworms- you should definitely take it to the 1/4 now with your new knowledge. lol. Becareful tho- I broke my driveshaft by launching at 5500 rpm on those same radials. Our cars are weaksauce when it comes to drag racing. What kind of clutch do you have? Maybe that will save your arse. lol. Make sure to have an emergency plan to get your car home if anything happens. AAA VIP status =)
    Yellow 1995 BMW M3 1 out of 8,515. Build Date: 10/94
    Engine- S52 OBD1 Swap, TRM Chip, 21.5 lb. inj., 3.5 HFM/ECIS, AA catback exhaust
    Transmission- Aluminum flywheel, 3.23 Diff
    Suspension: H&Rs and Bilsteins, Powerflex/ AKG Bushings, X-Brace, UUC Swaybarbarians
    Rims: 18x8.5 BBS RCs FORGED
    Brakes: Brembo Rotors, Hawk Pads, Steel Brakelines
    Dynojet RWHP: 250.9 TQ: 237.72 CA SMOG LEGAL POWER! =)
    Best 1/4 mile: TBD
    Weight: 2650 lbs w/ 1/4 tank of gas

My Cars
    E39 540I
    Quote Originally Posted by jworms View Post
    with these 1/8 mile results from last night (8.323 with a 1.813 60ft) i ran 3 tenths quicker than what i did in the 1/4 mile run with only .227 quicker of a 60ft time (timeslip above). just goes to show how much bettering your 60ft time drops much more time than a 1:1 ratio further down the track...and this is only looking at the 1/8th mile results! i would LOVE to see what that 8.323 1/8th mile time would translate to in terms of 1/4 mile times! then, just imagine if i can run a 1.7 60ft and not spin through 2nd...
    Simple. Your 8.323 run would have equated to roughly a 12.85-12.90 in the 1/4.
    Don't use the 1/8th to 1/4 calculators you see smeared all over the nets. They work for Mustangs and other muscle cars, but not for cars like ours that don't lose as much on the back 1/8th as the aforementioned cars.
    I've always used the following formula. It's been pretty accurate.
    (1/8th mile ET + .223)/.665
    So for you, it would have been (8.323+.223)/.665 = 12.85.

Anyways, your 8.3 in the 1/8th would have been 12s all day long. Congrats. You've already run a number. You just need to get a 1/4 time slip to show everyone

MODS: DIY intake, Res delete, Magnaflow #14816, Magnaflow cats, SSK, OEM M5 LUK clutch & PP, JBR LTWFW, Stage III driver

My Cars
    95 m3

somewhat off-topic, but do you usually go to the wednesday night drags there? is it crowded? have you ever been to the test/tune on saturdays? i think it costs $50, but i heard it's way less crowded. that would probably be the event i'd end up going to if i go up there.

I go on Wednesdays. Its a hit or miss with the crowd. This month is no bikes so lanes will run through quicker. Yes, the test and tune is on Saturdays and its $50. I've went a few times, but never as a driver. There are a lot less cars out there, mostly guys tuning their turbo Hondas. The only other disadvantage is that it happens during the day. (9-4 I believe)

i went to the 1/8th mile last night to try and get some practice in with these drag radials using the advice from ltw97m3 and m3luckyoo. i'd say i definitely learned a few things...

ran a 8.440 @ 83.34mph with a 1.907 60ft. timeslip here:

1) these tires definitely like lower air pressure (thanks dave!). i ran with 20psi for the first run and around 18 or 19 for the second run.
    GOOD RUNS!!

I go on Wednesdays. Its a hit or miss with the crowd. This month is no bikes so lanes will run through quicker. Yes, the test and tune is on Saturdays and its $50. I've went a few times, but never as a driver. There area a lot less cars out there, mostly guys tuning their turbo Hondas. The only other disadvantage is that it happens during the day. (9-4 I believe)

You recall anybody else telling to lower psi via pm?

12s are so there.

edir: edit that sig!!
    Last edited by 95s52; 02-05-2010 at 04:18 PM.

Mods: obd1 s52, SS replica headers, SS race mid-section, SS exhaust, euro intake, 3.5" hfm, turner tune, 24lb injectors, uuc flywheel, m5 clutch.

My Cars
    Ferrari 458, Model 3
    Good job Jworms- you should definitely take it to the 1/4 now with your new knowledge. lol. Becareful tho- I broke my driveshaft by launching at 5500 rpm on those same radials. Our cars are weaksauce when it comes to drag racing. What kind of clutch do you have? Maybe that will save your arse. lol. Make sure to have an emergency plan to get your car home if anything happens. AAA VIP status =)
    thanks! but man, you're right. breaking something definitely scares me. it's one of the biggest contributors to me not making the trip up north to sacramento. that could turn into a huge pain in the ass if i break something up there. and thanks for the reminder to check my AAA status

Quote Originally Posted by ForceFed7 View Post
    Simple. Your 8.323 run would have equated to roughly a 12.85-12.90 in the 1/4.
    Don't use the 1/8th to 1/4 calculators you see smeared all over the nets. They work for Mustangs and other muscle cars, but not for cars like ours that don't lose as much on the back 1/8th as the aforementioned cars.
    I've always used the following formula. It's been pretty accurate.
    (1/8th mile ET + .223)/.665
    So for you, it would have been (8.323+.223)/.665 = 12.85.

Anyways, your 8.3 in the 1/8th would have been 12s all day long. Congrats. You've already run a number. You just need to get a 1/4 time slip to show everyone
    you know...i wasn't going to say anything about what my car might run for a few reasons, though i will say that i completely agree and i can't wait to be deep in the 12s

Quote Originally Posted by 95s52 View Post
    GOOD RUNS!!

I go on Wednesdays. Its a hit or miss with the crowd. This month is no bikes so lanes will run through quicker. Yes, the test and tune is on Saturdays and its $50. I've went a few times, but never as a driver. There area a lot less cars out there, mostly guys tuning their turbo Hondas. The only other disadvantage is that it happens during the day. (9-4 I believe)

You recall anybody else telling to lower psi via pm?

12s are so there.

edir: edit that sig!!
    haha, dude i definitely owe you with your advice too! you guys are all great and have helped me quite a bit along the way!

ahh, yeah i saw the timeframe that the saturday events run and was kind of worried about the weather not being as good as wednesday nights. that said, if i do go up there, i may not make it out for another 7-8 months, at which point i'll probably go up with a private track rental group. i've learned that it's so worth it to have the freedom to really test and tune your car and go for a run whenever you feel like it without waiting in line.

and you're right...i will edit my sig when i get back from lunch
    UUC EVO III SSK | M50 Intake Manifold | Conforti 3.5" CAI | AA Software | 3.5" HFM (unplugged)
    Fan Delete | Strömung Exhaust | UUC Stg2 Ltw Flywheel | X-Brace | AA Track Pipe | 3.46 Differential

1/4 mile: 13.3@104.2mph; 8.6 in 1/8; 2.04 60' | Best 1/8 mile: 8.3@83mph; 1.81 60'
    SOLD

My Cars
    07325i 71 2800cs 89M
    hah, i know the feeling! the day before yesterday i was plotting out the route up to sacramento, especially since the track is now open! and hey, it's only 3-4 hours further than famoso

yep, strong as ever. thanks!

good to see there are still some skeptics out there. i look forward to proving you wrong

ran a 8.440 @ 83.34mph with a 2.907 60ft. timeslip here:

so for that run i launched at around 4500RPM and bogged! i guess i didn't realize how much grip i had to work with...on to the second run with the knowledge i acquired from my first run ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gbxZk1uWuM

8.323@83.05mph with a 1.813 60ft!

i launched at around 5500RPM and it just GRIPPED!
    as you can see, i had a bit of trouble on the 1-> 2 shift and the tail got a bit squirmy...i'm not really sure what i can do to resolve that and i know i'm losing time with it happening. either way, it's the best 1/8th mile ET i've run so far

so, things i learned:
    2) i feel like i have a lot more left in my launch. i'm confident that 1.7s are definitely within reach!
    3) i know irwindale is a sticky track from my previous runs there with my rcomp tires...so i don't know if that's the only reason i'm able to run such great 60ft times there. this scares me because i don't want to go back to famoso, or even sacramento (both 1/4 mile tracks), and get the same/similar traction issues i experienced before.

** this is my favorite part of last night's results **
    4) as you can see from my 1/4 mile results in the first post, i ran the 1/8th in 8.617 with a 2.040 60ft (timeslip below for reference):

Just imagine... Nice work.
    Updated: BMW3 WOMAN0

My Cars
    328is, 66' Corvette
    you guys are all great and have helped me quite a bit along the way!
    ^^^ This.

Glad to see other members helping each other out, especially when its to meet a goal. Nice runs Wormzer!
    1996 BMW 328is -- Light mods, 2640lbs (Arctic Silver)
    http://www.youtube.com/user/hroller3.../0/rVEcq6P38bc 70-120mph ~ 12 seconds

1966 Corvette Convertible -- L79 327/350HP, 4spd M21, 2nd owner (Nassau Blue)
    1987 Porsche 951 -- Project in progress (Black/Black)
    2900lbs, ~280rwhp/300rwtq

Your grandfather was right, when he said "the world is going to hell".

My Cars
    1980 Firebird
    Quote Originally Posted by creeves328 View Post
    ^^^ This.

Glad to see other members helping each other out, especially when its to meet a goal. Nice runs Wormzer!
    Yep. Great run Jonathan! Seems to me that had that track been a full 1/4 mile you would have been in the 12's with no problem at all.
    “If the representatives of the people betray their constituents, there is then no resource left but in the exertion of that original right of self-defense which is paramount to all positive forms of government, and which against the usurpations of the national rulers may be exerted with infinitely better prospect of success than against those of the rulers of an individual State. In a single State, if the persons intrusted with supreme power become usurpers, the different parcels, subdivisions, or districts of which it consists, having no distinct government in each, can take no regular measures for defense. The citizens must rush tumultuously to arms, without concert, without system, without resource; except in their courage and despair.” – Alexander Hamilton, Federalist No. 28

My Cars
    turbo m3
    Decent runs.... but it HAS plenty left. Your 1/8 mile results prove that.

I guarantee the e92 m3 owner was still angry...
    This is my signature....

My Cars
    Ferrari 458, Model 3
    Quote Originally Posted by bmw1woman0 View Post
    Just imagine... Nice work.
    Quote Originally Posted by creeves328 View Post
    ^^^ This.

thanks y'all

Quote Originally Posted by m3chaser View Post
    Yep. Great run Jonathan! Seems to me that had that track been a full 1/4 mile you would have been in the 12's with no problem at all.
    thanks man! it's definitely no longer about the possibility of me getting into the 12s...now i'm thinking more about how far into the 12s i can get

Quote Originally Posted by BadBoostedBmwM3 View Post
    Decent runs.... but it HAS plenty left. Your 1/8 mile results prove that.

I guarantee the e92 m3 owner was still angry...
    haha, yeah...i don't think that E92 M3 owner was too pleased after that run. he left the track shortly after that

SOLD

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234