BAVToys

Thread: Goings on at DDM for the next several days

My Cars
    Lots

Goings on at DDM for the next several days

Tonight we are moving our server and doing some upgrades. We are kind of forced into it in the middle of the week because of employee schedules and meetings the rest of this week and facilities improvements to phones and data next Tuesday and Wednesday.

People may see some glitches in the website. We will be doing extensive testing. But if you get a specific glitch, please post it in this thread or email us at techsupport@ddmtuning.com. The new server lays the foundation for us to take the website to the next level on features and convenience.

Due to some outside business changes in our banking and corporate structure, we will also be changing credit card processors sometime before Wednesday'ish.

To make everything clean, we have suspended direct credit card processing for the moment. If you wish to pay by credit card, you can still checkout using PayPal Express Checkout. We will turn on normal CC processing after everything is tested out. This is safer for you.

6 new phone lines will be operational by noon on Wednesday the 13th. We have to rearrange the coverage on the phones. But all in all, things will be better right from the get-go and as we bring in more employees, the phones will not be an issue. Already today the phones were almost normal as shipments get out and the holiday rush is subsiding.

More info as I have it.

Jim
    Last edited by jsp98m3; 01-08-2010 at 12:51 AM.

My Cars
    turbo S50 WIDE e30
    Nice. Glad to watch DDM continue to grow and better serve "our" community.
    Dinan Custom Intercooled S/C M3 01' 740 Sport 03' 745i
    A Few Harleys
    Piper Cherokee

My Cars
    Lots
    Last night we tried the server cutover but one database had trouble running in the new environment. We are back on the original server for the moment.

There is some good news from our experiments. I think we have found out the source of one of the problems with the new phone system. I'm trying to get the telephone people to come out today and reprogram the thing so it acts differently in its forwarding so more stations are on the forward. This will get the phone picked up more quickly when one person or department has all lines busy.

We also found an oops in our new Instapak machine. We had the installer out for maintenance for a couple of hours and he replaced the feed hose to the A Chemical and replaced the nozzles. I'm not sure how a hose goes bad and causes clogging so quickly. But it will be bak up and making expanding piles of goop today.

Also another large shipment was delivered yesterday. Another large shipment docks tonight. So I think anything on backorder will be able to go out. Its just a matter of filling boxes at this point. Thanks for the patience, this is the first year I've seen the rush extend to the end of the first week of January. We'll see what next week brings.

After the server cutover, some more major but slower changes will begin to take effect. We have to get off Quickbooks. We will hit maximum file size in 6-7 months. We hit it in 9 this year and strange things started happening. So, off to something bigger and better. This will most likely cause a change in our shopping cart engine. I've hired a full time web developer to work for us in-house. While you will see some changes to things, lots has been changing already, we will spend a great deal of time on the next generation of our face to the internet.

I will be out of the office for the entire afternoon today. I have some meetings that will hopefully lead to some more major announcements by the end of the month.

Ok, that's it for this morning.

Jim

Oh, one more thing. We have a 15,000lb box truck for our local pickups and deliveries. I'm shopping for a 26,000lb used truck with a Tommy Gate. If you know of one your company might be selling in SoCal, let me know. These things always have problems the sellers usually don't want to tell you about

My Cars
    '09 328iT
    Quote Originally Posted by jsp98m3 View Post
    After the server cutover, some more major but slower changes will begin to take effect. We have to get off Quickbooks. We will hit maximum file size in 6-7 months. We hit it in 9 this year and strange things started happening. So, off to something bigger and better. This will most likely cause a change in our shopping cart engine. I've hired a full time web developer to work for us in-house. While you will see some changes to things, lots has been changing already, we will spend a great deal of time on the next generation of our face to the internet.
    Jim: I am the Director of Business Development at a software shop in the Phoenix-Metro area. We should definitely talk. PM me for my contact information. I've also sent you an e-mail through a popular networking site.

My Cars
    Lots
    I'm not sure where emails would go to. I rarely read them unless an employee prompts me to do it.

If you need to speak to me and only me, I answer text messages. You can send me one at 619-885-6155.

DDM Tuning confounds and infuriates lots of people. I do this business purely to support a hobby segment that I enjoy. So, I act in odd ways. I don't read email. Threatening to not buy something from us has almost zero effect since I don't run it to make money and I don't draw any funds from it. I live on interest payments from other funds.

This probably seems oddly related to your approach of us, if at all. Bear with me. We have lots of money, we are wildly successful and motivated to do the right things to take care of the market. We just do it on our own terms. Those terms are not influenced to any great degree by normal market forces.

We're in it for the fun.

Reading email is not fun. Therefore I don't do it.

Text me with your name, number and a few words about what your contacting me about. ie, "Hi, I'm Joe Blow, 999-555-1212, I'd like to talk to you about web design."

Me or some other person who might be knowledgeable about your inquiry will get back to you nearly immediately.

Now, back to filtering my ****** emails...

My Cars
    E36 M3/4/5, F30 328i
    Quote Originally Posted by jsp98m3 View Post

Oh, one more thing. We have a 15,000lb box truck for our local pickups and deliveries. I'm shopping for a 26,000lb used truck with a Tommy Gate. If you know of one your company might be selling in SoCal, let me know. These things always have problems the sellers usually don't want to tell you about
    Hey Jim, I have a dealer's license and an account with Manheim auction house. They usually have a few of these trucks that cross the auction block. Most of them are repos. PM me if you would like me to keep an eye out for you. Also, let me know if you need something very specific other that what you have described.

LA chapter BMW CCA autocross CDI
    www.bmwclubla.org

My Cars
    Accord
    Man, you're a hard guy to reach!

I was calling your phone number provided on your website almost everyday this week and it gave me a busy tone. I left lots of emails, and no response. I knew something wasn't right because my friend referred me to you for the HID kits, and he said DDMtuning is legit.

I googled DDMtuning and found that you're on here. So, I just joined here in hopes to get in contact with you. A Honda guy in a BMW forum. I feel so alone! haha!

Anyways, I am looking to buy an HID kit from you. H4 4300k. Have them in stock? I heard that 4300k is the best for light output. Is that correct?

Thanks!
    Last edited by HondaDriver; 01-08-2010 at 11:19 PM.

My Cars
    turbo S50 WIDE e30
    Dinan Custom Intercooled S/C M3 01' 740 Sport 03' 745i
    A Few Harleys
    Piper Cherokee

My Cars
    BMW 335i
    I wanted to order a few sets of HIDs on monday morning but now that I see you wont take direct credit card payments and the fact that I really hate paypal am I still able to purchase the hid kits monday morning with my mastercard and just wait until everything is sorted out. Or, do you suggest that I wait to pay by credit card until everything is fixed? Are you expecting after wednesday is when we will be able to pay by credit card? Thank you