Autogeek.net Car Care Products
** 10% off @ Autogeek.net - PinnacleWax.com & Wolfgangcarcare.com - Coupon Code = clubmember

Thread: Cleaning your side panels and trim.

My Cars
    96' 328i

Cleaning your side panels and trim.

I bought some VRP from Chemical Guys. This is more of a dressing than a cleaner, although it does clean a bit.

Is there a product out there that cleans trim pieces? To my knowledge Forever Black and things of that nature is also a dressing.

Either way, I will be applying this stuff soon and will show the results of Chemcial Guys VRP!

My Cars
    1995 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by Righteous View Post
    I bought some VRP from Chemical Guys. This is more of a dressing than a cleaner, although it does clean a bit.

Is there a product out there that cleans trim pieces? To my knowledge Forever Black and things of that nature is also a dressing.

Either way, I will be applying this stuff soon and will show the results of Chemcial Guys VRP!
    I use Sp80 cleaner.
    Hit up DexM for details on the product.

I also used Sp80 for color and I'm impressed with the results.

Forever Black is very messy or can be.
    Black again is great, but it's very oil-like and tough to clean out of applicator pads or towels.
    Walk a mile in my shoes and you are a mile away in someone else's shoes.
    Goodridge*UUC sways* Black TME's and mounts( switched from Red)* x-brace*brembo rotors*Zimmerman rear*Pagid*Riken Raptors* Roja Formula 7's (Bronze)* Stromung*Powdercoated AA DSB* OMP strut bar*GC RSM's* M3 alum/leather knob*JTD underpanel *Traffic PRO (sold) *Black hella Ellipsoids w/celis rings * ACS Pedals*ACS handbrake*RE Octane SSK*Wheelskins Eurotones S/ Wheel Cover( tossed-replaced with new one)* Totally Covers Front seat velour covers with custom styling *Rieger roof spoiler-lost it on fwy Stock A/B*URI CP (ditched years ago)*540 HFM (sold) Stock HFM (BeckArnley)*FMS 24 lb inj*Alum rad and some other stuff*Konis w/adj rr's*Vogtland springs ** Passport 8500(sold)*Passpprt 7500 (sold V1-1.8 with POP) No detectors at all.
    Coming...nada

BMWCCA-303681

My Cars
    91 535i; 00 323it
    Yep. It's our secret weapon :
    E34 Mods: OEM Coin Holder / Cup-Holder / Rubber Mats / Seat Covers / Warning Triangle / Sachs-Boge 750il bushings / Windscreen reflective sunshade / OEM Euro-spec Hella lamps to be installed soon.

Looking for OEM 15 or 16" basketweaves & cassette holder.

My Cars
    2009 328i
    2oz Peanut Oil mixed with 1oz of Transmission Fluid. Shake well before applying.

I promise that you will not be disappointed. It's my secret Black Trim Weapon.

My Cars
    E46 M3 | E39 540
    Pull the trim off the car, clean it with anything (diluted simple green, apc) to get the crap off and then apply forever black. That's what I do, seems to work well.
    E46 M3 | Steel Gray/Imola Red | 19" BBS RS-GT
    E39 540i | Jet Black/Black | 17" Style 42

My Cars
    96' 328i
    Ok when I applied VRP it seemed to instantly bring my plastic back to brand new oe condition.

A few days later I had to drive it out in the rain. The plastic is dirty now, but I haven't washed yet, going to rain still for a few more days. I would say that the deep black look upon application has worn off like %20. Ill update when I wash my car next time.

My Cars
    2009 328i
    Quote Originally Posted by Righteous View Post
    Ok when I applied VRP it seemed to instantly bring my plastic back to brand new oe condition.

A few days later I had to drive it out in the rain. The plastic is dirty now, but I haven't washed yet, going to rain still for a few more days. I would say that the deep black look upon application has worn off like %20. Ill update when I wash my car next time.
    Honestly, you should try my trick. It works better than any product I've ever used, and I've used most of 'em. Plus, its cheap and easy to apply.

My Cars
    96' 328i
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveSouth View Post
    Honestly, you should try my trick. It works better than any product I've ever used, and I've used most of 'em. Plus, its cheap and easy to apply.
    I know peanut oil is supposed to work very well. And what of the tranny fluid?
    You apply and let dry? Apply and buff off?

I will try this if I am not satisfied with VRP.

nathancarter is offline Stretch Haters Club #1 BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    2002 330i 131k
    Forever Black is a dye, not a dressing. It comes with a cleaner that you use first to remove wax/dirt/etc before application. I don't THINK it will react with the paint, but I pulled off all my trim pieces before application.

It is very thin/watery, and can be messy. It comes with a foam applicator, but I would recommend NOT using the foam - use an old microfiber to wipe on and off. The foam applicator will make it froth up, which is no good.