Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: pics of your modded non-ebay style lights please..

My Cars
    ///M Roadster, Cooper S

pics of your modded non-ebay style lights please..

Before the Ebay lights that seem to be the latest craze came along, some people were doing some pretty awsome stuff with there factory headlamps. Im my opinion, they're much better the small lens projector. If you have done some headlamp mods Id like to see em' so post em up. Also, If anyone has some pics of the z3 headlamps modded with the honda odessy lamps Id love to see those again. Happy New Years guys!

* 19x10 & 8.5 Work VS-XX -Rogue 18mm spacers * Hankook Ventus RS3 * H&R coil-overs * Dinan strut brace * Magnaflow 14815 custom stepped tips. * TT stg2 Turbo -416rwhp * AEM truboost * Mocal / Ireland Engineering oil cooler * Roadstersound 8 with custom set-up * flipped hats *RF Rear Subframe Kit *STG3 F1 Racing Clucth & Flywheel

My Cars
    '02 Z3 3.0i 5 speed
    Quote Originally Posted by billyr3d View Post
    Before the Ebay lights that seem to be the latest craze came along, some people were doing some pretty awsome stuff with there factory headlamps. Im my opinion, they're much better the small lens projector. If you have done some headlamp mods Id like to see em' so post em up. Also, If anyone has some pics of the z3 headlamps modded with the honda odessy lamps Id love to see those again. Happy New Years guys!

Wow, I missed that. I'd like to see that too.

My Cars
    368, E86, 318ti, Raptor
    Honda Odessy?? Are those projectors? Obviously there are tons of guys runnin TSX or E46 or X5 projectors... i guess any are possible so long as they fit.

Could be a cheaper version for us to use if the Odessy is so equipped.

My Cars
    15' M3, 15' i8
    I have ProjectorZ V1, in my opinion it looks the best out of all of the other projectorz's. Some of the retrofits one are also real nice.

My Cars
    02 MC, 01 MR, 99 Z3C
    I own a 2002 Odyssey and it definitely does not have projectors. The current model came out in 2006 and I don't think it has projectors either

http://automobiles.honda.com/odyssey...px?Feature=drl
    Kelvin

My Cars
    E36, E36/8
    I think what Billy meant are TSXs.

As you requested, Billy.

Last edited by jr1966; 01-07-2009 at 02:28 AM.

Current Fleet: '93 BMW 325i, '01 BMW Z3 3.0 Coupe, '99 Porsche 996 Cabriolet, '05 Porsche Cayenne Turbo, '06 Land Rover LR3, '06 Lexus GS300, '97 MB E320
    Sold: '97 BMW Z3 1.9 DASC, '91 BMW 735i, '01 BMW X5, '87 BMW 528e (my 1st BMW), '05 Jeep Wranger Unlimited (LJ)

My Cars
    Z3M Coupe, Z4M, E90 M3
    Acura MDX projectors

My Cars
    330ci, 335i
    Nice cars. I do like the night illumination your retrofits give, but am definitely not a fanboy of the oem retrofit look during the day. The small projector just looks off center and out of place. It almost looks like the e34 headlamps, but just not quite, since the lamps aren't completed circles.

Night Visibility is defintely a plus. Overall look tries to retain the original look, but having the small projector in there is like a stigma, an almost. Can't wait to see some pics of different retrofits as well.

My Cars
    S52 M Roadster, WRX,
    Heres a couple pics of my car and some pics of stock BMWs with projectors.
    http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...18&postcount=4

As for the ebay ones... they don't look OEM, but they aren't trying to either. I think they have a decent look to them and can see why some people like them.
    Quote Originally Posted by JKer View Post
    Nice cars. I do like the night illumination your retrofits give, but am definitely not a fanboy of the oem retrofit look during the day. The small projector just looks off center and out of place. It almost looks like the e34 headlamps, but just not quite, since the lamps aren't completed circles.

Night Visibility is defintely a plus. Overall look tries to retain the original look, but having the small projector in there is like a stigma, an almost. Can't wait to see some pics of different retrofits as well.
    Many OEMs put smaller projectors in a bigger space than needed. The BMW OEM are complete circles and the Z3 has a little flat at top and bottom as you mentioned, but still looks very OEM (to me anyway) and most people think thats how my car came from the factory. Having great upgrades that people think are OEM is a compliment. I guess I can see how its not for everyone, not to mention the install is definately a PITA.
    Last edited by JBgotM; 01-07-2009 at 08:33 AM.
    -Jason

Weekend Car

'99 Boston Green M Roadster - intake, M50 manifold, schrick cams, magnaflow exhaust, TCK D/A Coilovers 500/600, RD front bar, ltw flywheel & clutch, harddog rollbar, schroth harnesses, zionsville radiator, S54 oil cooler, stewart pump, etc ..... ~245rwhp

My Cars
    '01 Z3 Coupe, '91 318i
    tsx

My Cars
    2000 M Coupe - 2014 435i
    e65 projectors
    -Joe

My Cars
    ///M Roadster, Cooper S
    Quote Originally Posted by jr1966 View Post
    I think what Billy meant are TSXs.
    Nope, Honda Odessy. I saw it in a performance mag going back a year or so. What the guy did was remove all the guts from the z3 and installed the odessy stuff. Then retrofitted xenons. They looked amazing from what I can remember. If I can find a pic I will post for sure.

Thanks for all the great pics! keep em coming!

* 19x10 & 8.5 Work VS-XX -Rogue 18mm spacers * Hankook Ventus RS3 * H&R coil-overs * Dinan strut brace * Magnaflow 14815 custom stepped tips. * TT stg2 Turbo -416rwhp * AEM truboost * Mocal / Ireland Engineering oil cooler * Roadstersound 8 with custom set-up * flipped hats *RF Rear Subframe Kit *STG3 F1 Racing Clucth & Flywheel

My Cars
    6/83 1984 745i
    TSX

alpinweiß on anthrazit buffalo 1984 745i, 2014 Fiesta ST, 1984 635csi 1986 635csi 1987 L6 1999 M coupe 2002 M3 1995 325i 1976 200​2, 2001 996 TT 1994 850 T5 wagon 1998 GTi VR6 1983 scirocco

My Cars
    99' bmw m coupe'
    hes talking about the one from japan, it was in performance mag, and i think it had an rx-7 motor swaped into it. the one that looks kinda peuter or gun metalish with that sick ass custome hood.

this is the one......

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 642x479 and weights 134KB.

BMW Z3 running a 13B rotary engine with a massive GReddy [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]turbo[/COLOR][/COLOR] strapped to the side of it.

Engine: 13B-REW
    Power: Approx. 480HP@9300rpm

BMW Z3 - Eurotary Power

Confused? We Were Too, Until Gluck Opened The Hood Of This Z3 Roadster

The Japanese seem daring enough to do just about anything. From the kooky half-English/half-Japanese speaking magician that pulls burgers out of the wall, to the inexcusable pixilated adult entertainment, to eating fish that carry enough toxins to kill a person in seconds--the Japanese have done it all! But since when did trans-continental engine conversions fall into play? The moment Gluck flipped this Z3 to operate with a fully functioning, 13B rotary drivetrain; that's when. However, this roadster is more JDM then one might think and can still fool even the most serious Bimmer enthusiast.

god i wish i could contact someone from japan who spoke english, then maybe i might be able to get my hands on a hood like that, sweetness!!!!!!
    Last edited by 9mcoupe9; 01-07-2009 at 07:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    ///M Roadster, Cooper S
    Quote Originally Posted by 9mcoupe9 View Post
    hes talking about the one from japan, it was in performance mag, and i think it had an rx-7 motor swaped into it. the one that looks kinda peuter or gun metalish with that sick ass custome hood.

this is the one......

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 642x479 and weights 134KB.

BMW Z3 running a 13B rotary engine with a massive GReddy [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]turbo[/color][/color] strapped to the side of it.

Engine: 13B-REW
    Power: Approx. 480HP@9300rpm

BMW Z3 - Eurotary Power

Confused? We Were Too, Until Gluck Opened The Hood Of This Z3 Roadster

The Japanese seem daring enough to do just about anything. From the kooky half-English/half-Japanese speaking magician that pulls burgers out of the wall, to the inexcusable pixilated adult entertainment, to eating fish that carry enough toxins to kill a person in seconds--the Japanese have done it all! But since when did trans-continental engine conversions fall into play? The moment Gluck flipped this Z3 to operate with a fully functioning, 13B rotary drivetrain; that's when. However, this roadster is more JDM then one might think and can still fool even the most serious Bimmer enthusiast.

god i wish i could contact someone from japan who spoke english, then maybe i might be able to get my hands on a hood like that, sweetness!!!!!!
    now thats hot! the headlights anyways and the wheels!!

My Cars
    99' bmw m coupe'
    yeah i just wish i could have that hood

My Cars
    S52 M Roadster, WRX,
    revozport
    erebuni
    -Jason

Weekend Car

'99 Boston Green M Roadster - intake, M50 manifold, schrick cams, magnaflow exhaust, TCK D/A Coilovers 500/600, RD front bar, ltw flywheel & clutch, harddog rollbar, schroth harnesses, zionsville radiator, S54 oil cooler, stewart pump, etc ..... ~245rwhp

My Cars
    1998 bmw z3 1.9l

My Cars
    Z3
    [QUOTE=9mcoupe9;15204674]

QUOTE]
    Where is this Body kit from?

My Cars
    2000 M Roadster
    the body kit is a one-off design by the owner and requires the Odyssey lights to fit the front bumper, etc.. Basically, forget ever owning one..

My Cars
    e30, e46, Super Duty
    TSX projectors here

1991 e30 318is Slicktop - Gone
    1996 LS1 Z3 - Gone
    99 e46 323i - Gone
    2003 e46 xiT - Hers
    2014 F-250 CC- Mostly stock

My Cars
    M3, MZ3, 348TS, Chevelle
    When I do headlights, it will be the retrofits...

The ebay/Umnit/BavT ones are UGLY as sin! :puke

BMW M3 - Ferrari 348 - Chevrolet Chevelle

My Cars
    Coupes...
    Projector Z is by far the best setup.

But then again, I am biased.
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    '00 M Coupe
    I've had just about every setup there is, except the ebay/PZIIs. I can tell you by far the best I've had has been a TSX retrofit. I'm currently working on an FX-R bixenon retrofit.

My Cars
    S54, S55
    TSX with E46 shrouds.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast