Thread: Anyone buy smoked corners from ebay?

My Cars
    Mmm

Anyone buy smoked corners from ebay?

hey all-

I have a black sedan and I would rather get smoked corners than the clears for my car. I think the clears are too big of a contrast on dark cars. I saw bmwg84's smoked corners - they look awesome. too bad he got them off a friend and didn't know where they got them.

Anyways - where should I get my smoked corners? Ive been eyeing the one on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2432509361

for some time now, and I wanted to know if anyone got theirs off ebay. If now, where did you get them? I know bavauto's a ripoff with theirs, and I dont really wanna buy from nopi. Anywhere else carry these smoked corners?

Thanks

My Cars
    DASC 318ti
    looks just like the ULO smoked corners i got off ebay a while back... about the same price. AsK if they are ULO... mine fit really good and the tabs didnt even break lol.
    BoostJunky Patient #111
    ///No-Coast///

v.b. is offline GoD, pls stop this bitch!
    My Cars
    2001 Yamaha R6. 104rwhp@14500rpm!
    any pic on real car?

My Cars
    BMW 325is '94
    I have the same one.!!!!
    i vanted a smoked, cause i have a black sedan, this is how it looks like.!!
    Bmw e36 325is '94

My Cars
    E36 325i
    I've never heard of ULO. Stay away from the depo's. I got those and the fitment sucks. Inpro's and another MHW stock smoked corners but they got an orange piece inside that looks ugly and has to be dremeled out IMO.

My Cars
    E46iT, MK6 TDi, Z31Chump
    Originally posted by Euro77
    I've never heard of ULO. Stay away from the depo's. I got those and the fitment sucks.
    I have the Depos as well. Got them from FK North America and they are perfectly fine. My fitment is good except a tiny gap between the fender and the light gasket on the pass side (maybe 1/32"), but its hardly noticable. Other than that I have no issues with them at all.

My Cars
    1995 m3, ninja 500r
    just get the OEM clears and spray them with tint. You'll be better off, and they will fit better

My Cars
    DASC 318ti
    umm havent heard of ULO? hmmm...
    BoostJunky Patient #111
    ///No-Coast///

My Cars
    E36 325i & E30 328i-318i
    Got mine from e bay, no problems and a great price!

"Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak."

My Cars
    E36 325i
    Tn325i what brand are those Depo?
    The fitment really sucks on mine i had to duck tape one of the tabs so that it "locks" in to my headlight, gaps between the fender and the light gasket and all.

How about u don't buy smoked corners in the first place. U have BMW, not a Honda.

My Cars
    E36 325i
    I had clears before but the smoked (remember not fully black tint) blend in much better with the headlights plus I have a black car, so it looks nice. It's all about personal preferance.

My Cars
    F-Pace | E55 Wagon
    i personally dont like clears, i plan on purchasing smokes sometime soon, most likely from Ebay.

any good suggestions?

i was actually gonna try to smoke them myself, haha, im poor.

Instructions?
    or
    Company suggestions?

Thanks

My Cars
    04 330iZHP, 05 325iT
    I purchased clears from e-bay. I thought they were great at first: great price and decent fit. Until I had to take them off to replace my headlights.

The aftermarket brand used a stiff plastic that didn't flex much. I snapped the tab off. I glued it back on and it held for a couple of months. Then it flew off at night, taking my bulb assembly with it. They ain't cheap.

I replaced the corners with OE clears. Much better quality. I should have purchased them in the first place.

If you buy ellipsoids, you will end up removing your corners again and again to get the adjustment just right. Save yourself some bucks and get OE from the start.

Paradise Hotel located on Temptation Island
    My Cars
    '
    Originally posted by nsk223
    How about u don't buy smoked corners in the first place. U have BMW, not a Honda.
    Smoked corners look much better than clears. I prefer the amber corners over clears.

BMW Cigar And Gun Club Member #7

My Cars
    -
    why does it always say for 92-98 E36 BMWs? why not 92-99 E36s?

My Cars
    Mmm
    Ok guys - I got a set of OEM clears (the guy who i bought the oem tails from also gaveme the fronts) and I must say - it looks pretty nice. HOwever, the contrast is definitely a lot - the clear is just too white.

Just because its a bmw - doesnt mean you cant put on smoked corners. It looksmuch better imo on the black cars.

So next question - who has self smoked their corners? I know e36eric may have done it a long time ago - i had a picture saved on my other computer and it looked awesome. Anyone got a link to that old thread?

Or - anyone want to trade OEM clears for aftermarket smoked??

My Cars
    1996 328is
    The smoked are much nicer than the so called clears (white, very white) for the fronts, they blend much better with the darker colored cars. I got mine from bavarian autosport about $70 for the pair, they're inpros and seem to be fine as far as fitment is concerned. I think bavarian's is www.bavauto.com Just as a side note to get rid of that "egg yolk" reflection from the amber turn lamp, don't even think about spending something like $25 apiece for those platinumvision bulbs. Just got to the auto parts store get you some high temp aluminum or chrome colored paint to lightly dust the amber bulbs enough to cut the color (when illuminated it will appear amber and silver when it's off). Make sure to tape off the base before painting. It doesn't take a lot of paint to make them look good and you could paint hundreds of them for about $5 in paint.

My Cars
    95 BMW M3.2, 99 Audi A6 Avant & 01 Nissan X-Terra
    Just won this ebay auction for some smoked fronts.. hope they aren't toooo dark for daytona violett m3 what do you guys think? Were these the ones to get?

click here to see the smokes I just bought
    He who hesitates is not only lost, but miles from the next exit.