Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: F-Rent: Subframe Bushing Pull/Install Tool

My Cars
    Z3 5-Speed Roadster '97

F-Rent: Subframe Bushing Pull/Install Tool

Available SIR Tool E36 Subframe Bushing Puller/ Insertion Tool, Scoped fit is good last night on my Z3.

Used a similar one (ZDMAK) on my Z3 and each bushing is out in 10 minutes!

$50 to rent plus shipping both ways and a refundable deposit upon return.
    PM me for details and schedule.....
    E36bushingtoolmaster.jpg
    Last edited by ZUUD BYE; 02-01-2012 at 12:48 PM.
    'Sweetness Tres' M44, 1.9L Z3 5-Speed Roadster '97 Boston Green 66K Smiles Mine
    'Sweetness Too' M52, 2.5L Z3 5-Speed Roadster, '00 Jet Black 165K Smiles 2022 Gone Ins Co Total in Jan 2022- Right Front Collision - Paid $8850 !!
    'Ol' Black Betty' S52, 3.2L ///M3 5-Speed Vert '98 Cosmos Black 265K Smiles Wifeys
    M50, 2.5L 525i E34 Tragi-matic '95 Sedan Alpine White III 238K Smiles Was Daughters Mine Again
    'Gretchen' M30, 3.5L 535i E34 Tragi-matic '90 Sedan Glacier Blue/Indigo 144K Smiles 2018 Gone & I miss her
    'Sweetness' M44, 1.9L Z3 5-Speed Roadster '96 Boston Green 264K Smiles Was Mine Ins Co Total in Jan 2013- Rear End Collision - Paid $4800 !!

My Cars
    2002 Z3 Coupe 3.0
    Hi Zuud Bye,

I would like to rent this tool from you. I dont have the ability to PM you, as I am a new member tonight. Please PM me and we can make the arrangements. I would be interested in a diff bushing puller as well, if you have it. I have the Z3 Coupe 3.0
    Thank You
    Norman

My Cars
    99-01 M Cpe & Rdts, X5M
    If renting falls through, I was offered essentially the same tool over the weekend and passed on it (I have one, and though used hundreds of times, it's still good for hundreds more).

I' notify the guy selling it to check this thread...

My Cars
    '01 SG/IR S54 M Coupe
    this one's back from the dead
    not to be a d!ck, but $50 to "rent" this tool, +shipping?? so much for owners helping owners...

get a hold of "Zoupe6," he lent me his and I just had to pay shipping. Then I sent it to "Gibber66," who just paid me shipping costs. Community means helping others out w/o profit when able to do so...

My Cars
    2002 Z3 Coupe 3.0

The help would be great.

Yeah, that would be awesome. Except, the forum wont let me PM anybody yet. I have some autocross event I am trying to make on June 1st, kinda desperate to get this going...if Zoupe6 or anyone with this tool can reach out to me via PM, I would gladly pay expedited shipping, etc. to get this tool. Thanks for the suggestions everyone!

My Cars
    '01 SG/IR S54 M Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by normandehm View Post
    Yeah, that would be awesome. Except, the forum wont let me PM anybody yet. I have some autocross event I am trying to make on June 1st, kinda desperate to get this going...if Zoupe6 or anyone with this tool can reach out to me via PM, I would gladly pay expedited shipping, etc. to get this tool. Thanks for the suggestions everyone!
    I'll PM em and let you know.

I actually might be in Durango this July to watch my brother finish the CTR.

My Cars
    98 M Roadster
    Thanks for the heads-up, Randy. I do have a complete SIR 3026 bushing puller set, but I am looking to sell it. I will make a listing for it in the classifieds soon for $280 shipped.

My Cars
    S54 e36/8; Tesla MY LR5
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinci View Post
    Thanks for the heads-up, Randy. I do have a complete SIR 3026 bushing puller set, but I am looking to sell it. I will make a listing for it in the classifieds soon for $280 shipped.
    Nice, and then maybe people can restart the tradition of buying it, using it, depreciating it $10, and sending it to the next person. We had a nice round robin going there for a while. I never did find out where the tool I had used ended up. I liked that tool much better than the SIR tool. Think it was the zdmak.

My Cars
    98 M Roadster
    Quote Originally Posted by fmcfad01 View Post
    Nice, and then maybe people can restart the tradition of buying it, using it, depreciating it $10, and sending it to the next person. We had a nice round robin going there for a while. I never did find out where the tool I had used ended up. I liked that tool much better than the SIR tool. Think it was the zdmak.
    Yep. I think I had $300 in it when I bought it. These things last forever when taken care of, as Randy's puller proves.

mcoupemindy is offline Senior Member BMW CCA Member
    Supporting Vendor
    My Cars
    '99 M Coupe
    My tool set is back in transit to me now. If you still need to borrow it, please send me an email (in my signature). It has been shipped all over the US.

My Cars
    01 E36/8
    Quote Originally Posted by Bcar View Post
    this one's back from the dead
    not to be a d!ck, but $50 to "rent" this tool, +shipping?? so much for owners helping owners...

get a hold of "Zoupe6," he lent me his and I just had to pay shipping. Then I sent it to "Gibber66," who just paid me shipping costs. Community means helping others out w/o profit when able to do so...

As you can see here are still a bunch of good folks here willing to help each other out without hammering them. I forgot who I sent the tool to after Scott helped me with mine or I'd just send you.
    01 M S54 Estoril Coupe (Fun)16 Mini Clubman S(Daily)03 325i (Wifes Car)Your never further away from oblivion than a distracted soccer mom in a SUV.

My Cars
    1999 Z3 MC, 2000 540it
    Hey. Is there a way to stickie TOOL RENTAL or the Pay it Forward idea to facilitate the exchange if tools?
    Tools for sale or rent.

My Cars
    89 750iL | 91 325iX
    out of curiosity how much would one of these tools cost to purchase?

mcoupemindy is offline Senior Member BMW CCA Member
    Supporting Vendor
    My Cars
    '99 M Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear Grylls View Post
    About $500 shipped for a set last time I checked. I paid close to that several years ago for my set.

My Cars
    99-01 M Cpe & Rdts, X5M
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear Grylls View Post
    $280.00 From Derek.

Quote Originally Posted by mcoupemindy View Post
    About $500 shipped for a set last time I checked. I paid close to that several years ago for my set.
    Daniel paid about $425.00 for the set I have; probably around the first half of 2005.

My Cars
    98 BMW Z3 2.8, 91 Volvo 940 SE
    Quote Originally Posted by normandehm View Post
    Norm, I have Zoupe's contraption still, but haven't managed to find a break between work and family until this upcoming weekend when I plan on tackling it. Hopefully available for shipping by Tuesday? Work for you or too tight?

'98 BMW Z3 2.8 -- S52 Cams/Dinan CAI & Twr Strut/Butt Strut/JC Shark/SS DTM Exhaust/Eurosport UDPs/Fan Delete/Eurosport M50 Mani/E30 3.73 LSD/JBRacing & RE LWF+Clutch/Evo M3 6-speed

My Cars
    2002 Z3 Coupe 3.0
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibber66 View Post
    Norm, I have Zoupe's contraption still, but haven't managed to find a break between work and family until this upcoming weekend when I plan on tackling it. Hopefully available for shipping by Tuesday? Work for you or too tight?

That sounds great. I have messaged McoupeMindy about it too but whoever can get it to me easiest or first...it doesnt matter. I have resided myself to the fact that I am not going to make my autocross date but oh well. Let me know when you can send it, and if he hasnt already sent it, I will let the both of you know.
    Thanks so much, and let me know how to handle the shipping costs...Paypal, or what.

My Cars
    89 750iL | 91 325iX
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Forbes View Post
    $280.00 From Derek.

Daniel paid about $425.00 for the set I have; probably around the first half of 2005.
    Meh wonder if the Indy shop down the street wouldn't mind if I just drove my subframe down to them to pop them in and out real quick

My Cars
    '01 SG/IR S54 M Coupe
    there is always the old way... pour some gas on it and burn it out

My Cars
    99-01 M Cpe & Rdts, X5M
    Quote Originally Posted by Bcar View Post
    there is always the old way... pour some gas on it and burn it out
    I do miss the entertainment value that those threads used to offer

It's been a long time since seeing thread titles like "Do I really need the (right) tool to remove . . . ?"

My Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Forbes View Post
    "Do I really need the (right) tool to remove . . . ?"
    ...and yet, we still ask that question...
    ...after all, "Necessity is the mother of invention"...but that doesn't mean we won't hit some serious "bumps" in the road...

'98 BMW Z3 2.8 -- S52 Cams/Dinan CAI & Twr Strut/Butt Strut/JC Shark/SS DTM Exhaust/Eurosport UDPs/Fan Delete/Eurosport M50 Mani/E30 3.73 LSD/JBRacing & RE LWF+Clutch/Evo M3 6-speed

My Cars
    Z3lda-Crash/burned RIP
    Z3lda - R.I.P. 7/6/13 crashed and burned, total loss.

My Cars
    Coupes...
    If you have a Z3 and want to remove your subframe bushings, I have the OFFICIAL BMW tool, which isn't as pretty as the one Randy has, but its free to use in my air conditioned garage.

You have to bring lunch though. I don't work for free.

(Z3s only, any other cars need not apply.)
    White is Right, Steel Grey is OK, but Estoril is the only color that truly matters.

I like Coupes.

My Cars
    Mission accomplished! Norm, wanna PM me your address?

My Cars
    Hmm...so apparently not PM enabled (get some post quick man) Let me know if you're still interested Norman, and we can work out details if you let me know your e-mail or even cell.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast