Thread: Does EAP4Parts.com sell good quality parts?

My Cars
    1995 M3

Does EAP4Parts.com sell good quality parts?

I need to buy a head gasket set and a few valves, and this is the cheapest place I have found to buy these parts. They are not made by BMW though. The valves are made by TRW, and the head gasket set is made by Elring. I have ordered some tie rods from them and they were good quality. Valves and head gasket sets are very important and I don't want to have to do this over again. Do you think they are quality parts? Thanks!

My Cars
    328is, 330cic, 335i
    they sell oem parts no worries bout a thing

My Cars
    potato
    I've probably bought about $300-$400 in parts from them in the past year

They've always sold me good stuff. A bonus is that if you need any kinds nuts, bolts, hose clamps, etc - you can add them to your order by putting the part number and quantity in the "comments" section of the order form. Those little locking nuts add up - the stealership wants $2 each for em - you can get them through EAP4Parts for about fifty cents.

I've found that EAP4parts generally has the best prices - though bimmerzone and the like sometimes have better deals (I think O2 sensors are cheaper at Bimmerzone). Bimmerzone also sends you a tracking number as soon as the order ships which is nice - which EAP4parts doesn't do - but then again, I've never failed to receive a package from them in a timely manner.

My Cars
    94M3 95M3 94325is
    Are they cheaper than Pacific BMW?

My Cars
    I love turbos!
    EAP is one of the cheapest sources I have found. i.e. I needed a window motor for my 750il. Every dealer wanted @ $450+. Vines wanted $350 for a used part. I called EAP and they wanted $109 for a NEW part. I splurged and had them overnight it to Hawaii.

My Cars
    93 325is
    i've bought parts from them on many occasions. good quality parts so far. i would buy from them again.
    UUC|AC Schnitzer|AA|Ecis|Ground Control|Koni|H&R|Rieger|BMW Motorsport|Hamann|Pirelli

My Cars
    94M3 95M3 94325is
    Quote Originally Posted by The Beastmaster
    EAP is one of the cheapest sources I have found. i.e. I needed a window motor for my 750il. Every dealer wanted @ $450+. Vines wanted $350 for a used part. I called EAP and they wanted $109 for a NEW part. I splurged and had them overnight it to Hawaii.
    Are these OE or OEM parts?

My Cars
    I love turbos!
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Lun
    Are these OE or OEM parts?
    I think it was OEM Bosch.

My Cars
    1999 M3
    I bought my clears and xbrace there. They're nice as long as you don't mind waiting a month to get your parts.

My Cars
    potato
    Quote Originally Posted by surfacewound
    I bought my clears and xbrace there. They're nice as long as you don't mind waiting a month to get your parts.
    I think that's an exxageration - true I think a couple times they took a couple days longer than expected to get stuff shipped out - but it would end up taking something like 7-8 business days instead of 5 to get to me - not a big deal.

Good deal on the xbrace there though... I've been thinking about getting one - do they really affect handling that much?

My Cars
    1999 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by supark
    I think that's an exxageration - true I think a couple times they took a couple days longer than expected to get stuff shipped out - but it would end up taking something like 7-8 business days instead of 5 to get to me - not a big deal.

Good deal on the xbrace there though... I've been thinking about getting one - do they really affect handling that much?
    Well mine was a special case. Even though I placed the order and got a confirmation number and everything, it never came. After two weeks I called them and gave them my confirmation number. They had no record of the order at all, despite the fact that I was emailed the confirmation.

But hey, sh*t happens, right? No big deal? No. The worst thing wasn't that my order was screwed up, it's that they were dicks about it.

Instead of a simple apology and assurance that it'd be taken care of, they went into this diatribe about how it wasn't their fault because their order system provider is in Australia and they screwed up and blah Fing blah. Not a single apology. All I wanted was a simple apology and my order processed, and they start spewing about all that crap. Very unprofessional.

So that pissed me off, in addition to the fact that I had to call FOUR times spanning two days to get someone on the phone the first time, and another THREE the second time I called. Simply unacceptable.

Anyway, their prices are usually really good, so if it's not a part that's needed ASAP, I'd still order from them again.

ayton is offline Rabbit in your headlights
    My Cars
    325ti, '14 Outback 6spd
    Quote Originally Posted by supark
    ...I think a couple times they took a couple days longer than expected to get stuff shipped out - but it would end up taking something like 7-8 business days instead of 5 to get to me - not a big deal.
    exactly, I placed my first order with them 2 weeks ago I recieved my stuff 8 days later with no tracking info forwarded.
    I would order from them again though, the price was excellent and they didn't actually charge me until they shipped my item, which was about 4 days into my wait.

My Cars
    1999 M3
    Oh and as far as the xbrace and handling, yeah it helps stiffen the chassis a bit. It's definately worth it IMO, but I certainly didn't notice as drastic of a difference as a lot of people on here have raved about. You really only notice it in highspeed turns.