Thread: Eccentric bolt help needed FAST

My Cars
    M3, swapped e30

Eccentric bolt help needed FAST

ok, so i have had rubbing on my driverside rear tire since last summer (since i dropped the car) im running stock wheels and tire size, so this shouldnt be happening

the passenger side has more than enough spacing in comparison
    i figured it was the eccentric bolt and looked around, figured out how to adjust it

now i went under the car today and loosened the nut, but the bolt i cant do anything with..i dont know if im doing something wrong or if its frozen..
    do i need to hammer the bolt out a little to clear the little tabs that are on either side of the head?

also on my eccentric bolts,if i remember correctly.. the driver side (blue arrow) has the larger side of the head going perfectly upwards, while the passenger side (red arrow) had the larger side going perfectly downwards

(not my car, but a pic i took off another thread to show what i mean)

does anyone know if the bolt is supposed to be backed out first?
    and would making them both point downwards create the same camber adjustment, solving the rubbing issue?

i need to get this done soon, hence the urgency

thanks

My Cars
    99 M3 Euro, 09 Fit
    If you need an alignment adjustment i would say doing it on your own isn't one of the bf.c golden rules.
    99 Techno S50B32 6-speed ///M3 (Complete)
    Mods: SOLD

My Cars
    N/A
    It COULD be frozen in there. Both mine were when I wet to replace the lower bearings.

Don't hammer anything flat, as those flares are how the eccentric flange on the bolt adjusts the rear camber.

Try soaking it, heating it and tapping it with a hammer from the tip as if you were trying to pop it out. There's probably some corrosion to clean up and then it will rotate.
    -Steve

Do you like large cats?

My Cars
    M3, swapped e30
    i had gotten 3 alignments with no fix...

i figured it out, didnt solve the issue... looks like ill be going to bpg in may to have them take a look at it when its out of storage

can a mod please lock the thread..