So today I go to put some air in my tire. It goes in fine. I check it with my little air gauge thing and when I pull the gauge off of the valve I hear air coming out from the valve. I put the cap back on and the air stopped coming out...

I knew it was the actual VALVE, not the seal around the valve or anything like that because if I messed around with the pin with my finger I could get it to leak faster or slower.

Anyway... I tried putting WD40 on the valve in case it was stuck on something but that only made it worse... same thing with silicone spray...

Then my dad came home and told me that the valve could be tightened and he had a special tool to tighten it.

How to fix (tighten) your valve stems

Step 1: Locate the valve stem and take the cap off.

Step 2: Place the tool pictured above onto the valve and turn it until it grabs (locks) onto the valve.

Step 3: Turn the tool to either tighten (or loosen) the valve until air stops seeping out, make sure it stopped the leak, check tire pressure, replace cap, and test drive (optional but fun).

BEFORE (with leaking air valve):

AFTER (air valve tightened):

I checked all of my wheels to make sure they were all tight and they mostly were... I don't know what caused it to start leaking but it did and this fixed it.

I don't know I thought it was cool I didn't have to get a new valve or something and it only took 10 seconds to fix...

Some of you probably already know this or maybe this is old news but it was new to me and it might help someone. (I couldn't find anything about fixing a leaky air valve on the internet...)