Thread: Replacing the clutch slave cylinder

My Cars
    99 323i

Replacing the clutch slave cylinder

Is it possible to replace clutch slave cylinder with one from an e34 (or newer) M5?

(note: I also have the e34 M5 Clutch and lightweight flywheel from UUC currently installed)
    Last edited by lilbusa600; 01-09-2007 at 07:51 PM.

My Cars
    Ford F250
    I doubt it. Call a dealer and have them look up the part number for an E46 slave and see if the number for an E34 slave matches. If not I wouldn't try it. Deffinately not a flywheel since that is what the DME get a signal fron on an E46. On an E34 it reads the front damper pulley.

My Cars
    99 323i
    Do you know of a slave that will increase the output of fluid then? When I come off of the clutch sometimes it will make a kind of grinding noise as if it isn't getting enough fluid and slip a little, so no matter how much I would feather the clutch it would happen. Then shortly after I put UUC's stainless steel clutch line in it and it felt way better! I actually thought that it was cured, but the more I drove it I found out that it wasn't. Which after talking to a few techs we decided that I need to try and put in a slave cylinder with a higher pressure output. So any other thoughts?

(note: All of this is after the e34 M5 Clutch and lightweight flywheel install)
    Last edited by lilbusa600; 01-09-2007 at 10:53 PM.

My Cars
    Ford F250
    so the clutch and flywheel from an E34 is installed in your vehicle? You do realize that an E46 came with a self adjusting clutch. Putting a clutch out of an E34 is probably your problem. Not to sound like an ass on this statement but, wouldn't you think that after you installed a clutch that is not designed for your car, then teh car started acting up, that it would be the non recommended part for your car causing your problems?

My Cars
    99 323i
    1. I know that the e46 came with a SAC and did not like it.
    2. The clutch, pressure plate, and flywheel was provided by UUC Motorwerks.
    3. I wouldn't think that is what is causing the problem on my car when I personally know of other people who have the same setup on their e46s and have no problems. All the techs that I have talked to suggested getting a slave cylinder with a higher output.

My Cars
    99 323i
    bump
    Last edited by lilbusa600; 01-13-2007 at 02:10 AM.