Thread: turbo for 318ti

My Cars
    2007 BMW 335i

Arrow turbo for 318ti

do you guys know where i can get a turbo for my car at a reasonble price? and what kinda of turbo is good for this car. most turbo drivers can attest that the blow off valve sounds just too cool =). but i can't get a $10k+ turbo that cries i'm a rich weiner who can spend money like it's nothing (i wish i could have that luxury but i don't). I'm a poor college boy who wants a fast car. maybe around 5k for a turbo if possible.

or is an engine swap better? will it give me more hp to the wheel? if i do get an engine swap my dad said he could loan me some money cause it would "extend teh life of the car which is a good investment"... but a turbo isn't?. i hear that this would run for around 8 k from a dealer but i think a forum with bimmer enthusiests that have experience with bimmers have more credibility than an import mechanic.

I would love to hear all your input. ugh i feel like such a noob since you guys probably already know all about this subject. and i need some advise.

Feel free to email me with your thoughts ...or if you're just lonely and have nothing better to do ....lol... at epark@purdue.edu. or im me on aim at spiike32.
    Last edited by spiike; 06-21-2002 at 10:14 PM.

2007 335i - a lot of mods.

My Cars
    99 R1 / 95 M3

Re: turbo for 318ti

Originally posted by spiike
    do you guys know where i can get a turbo for my car at a reasonble price? and what kinda of turbo is good for this car. most turbo drivers can attest that the blow off valve sounds just too cool =). but i can't get a $10k+ turbo that cries i'm a rich weiner who can spend money like it's nothing (i wish i could have that luxury but i don't). I'm a poor college boy who wants a fast car. maybe around 5k for a turbo if possible.

or is an engine swap better? will it give me more hp to the wheel? if i do get an engine swap my dad said he could loan me some money ou guys have to say
    Eric "Spiike"cause it would "extend teh life of the car which is a good investment"... but a turbo isn't?. i hear that this would run for around 8 k from a dealer but i think a forum with bimmer enthusiests that have experience with bimmers have more credibility than an import mechanic.

I would love to hear all your input. ugh i feel like such a noob since you guys probably already know all about this subject. and i need some advise.

Feel free to email me with your thoughts ...or if you're just lonely and have nothing better to do ....lol... at epark@purdue.edu. or im me on aim at spiike32.
    The company <a href="http://www.mosselmanturbo.com/">Moseelman Turbo Systems</a> comes to mind. I can get you a kit if u like...

My Cars
    1997 528i
    There is a company in Virginia called Pitstop Performance that has a turbo kit that supposedly puts out considerably more hp than the mosselman kit. You might want to check them out.
    Has AAtuning ever considered producing a kit for us 318 folks?
    1997 BMW 528i/5 Speed Manual
    19x9 Breyton Vision
    H&R Coil-Overs

My Cars
    2007 BMW 335i

hmm

i was wonderin since my 318ti is an E36, could i use any E36 turbo for this car? if not, y?

2007 335i - a lot of mods.

My Cars
    '01 740il; '06 325i
    Do a search for pitstop performance I posted the stats and their number a while ago. I think the price is about $4,500 and puts out about 280hp.

My Cars
    99 R1 / 95 M3

Re: hmm

Originally posted by Scott S
    Has AAtuning ever considered producing a kit for us 318 folks?
    Unfortunantly no we do not have a kit for the 318i/is/ti/iC folks. I
    highly suggest Downing Atlanta S/C kit, Mosselman Turbo kit (we
    can get you a kit), or do a motor swap (2.5, 2.8, 2.9, 3.0, or 3.2l).

Originally posted by spiike
    i was wonderin since my 318ti is an E36, could i use any E36 turbo for this car? if not, y?
    Not really. You can't use a 4cyl turbo system in a 6cyl motor or
    vice versa. Same w/the years, certain year car can only be applied
    to a certain year. Example: 92-95 only fits within each other and
    the 96-99 fits within each other. Modifications can be done to
    made fit ie:custom...

My Cars
    1995 bmw 318ti =\
    hey tkm3, i have a 95 318ti, and i want that 3.2l m3 engine, how much would it cost to actually buy the motor and install it?? guestimating of coruse..