Autogeek.net Car Care Products
** 10% off @ Autogeek.net - PinnacleWax.com & Wolfgangcarcare.com - Coupon Code = clubmember
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone used RGS Labs FW1 wax?

My Cars
    '93 325i, '01 330 ci

Anyone used RGS Labs FW1 wax?

My cousin bought some from a stand infront of a gas station and it made his 93 300ZX look brand new!! It was sooo damn shiny!! But I was sketch about it since it was sold at a table at a gas station. I did google on it and it seems to be a hit in every forum review!! Has anyone here used it or know about it?
    It's made by RGS Labs
    It's called FW1
    Their site is www.rgslabs.com
    EUROPROJEKTZ - Director, NorCal Chapter

My Cars
    '91 Maxima, '04 330CI gone - 987S
    Ah Ha!

My Cars
    2001 BMW 530i
    Never heard of it.

I found nothing from searching the detailing BBSs.

I got 4 hits on google with it. Nothing much there. What did you find TKC?

I read the website. It's a combined wash & wax product. Sounds like there might be a real chance of causing swirlmarks.
    Steve
    2001 530i/5 S+P CDV delete/Akebono ceramic pads/M5 SSK/RedLine MTL/M5 rear sway bar
    BMWCCA Member #337964

My Cars
    99 M Coupe
    I had a read of the web site and it mentions the word/phrase 'waterless' quite a few times, and by it's application method, seems very similar to the product called 'Dry Wash & Guard'. The former uses a spray can, the latter uses a pump spray bottle but the concept appears the same.
    The liquid is a combination of emulsifiers and cleaners and waxes. The cleaners and emulsifiers are supposed to coat the crud and float it off the paint. The second towel is used to 'polish' the wax.
    This was semi-popular in the mid '90s but seems to have lost favour over the years.
    I've always had trouble with the 'emulsifier' part, wrapping dirt in some chemicals so they wouldn't scratch the paint.
    Even the company recommends you spray heavy dirt off the paint first, so how 'waterless' is it anyway?
    The big question isn't the super shine, you can get that in spades from Klasse AIO and their Sealant Glaze or the Zaino products, the question is would you be happy if you put even one scratch in your paintjob. I'd be a tad miffed so I'm sticking with H20, Klasse AIO and the SG.
    Good question, you're doing the right thing by asking, it's always wise to check out new stuff.
    -John C.

My Cars
    '93 325i, '01 330 ci
    Thank you sir.
    Well, after looking at my cousins car after he used it, it looks great! But he washed his car with the traditional wash soap and water first, then used the FW1. The car is so shiny it looks like it's covered in oil. (it was a pretty dull car for being a brick colored 93 300zx.) The moldings are back to a shiny black... he said it was even usable on his windshield, leaving no streaks.... so far so good.. i'll try it tomorrow and see how it does on my car.
    EUROPROJEKTZ - Director, NorCal Chapter

My Cars
    99 M Coupe
    Good idea about washing it first then drying it well. I don't think those dry type products like water very well but you've got that covered, and the dirt issue is eliminated by your good washing first.
    Maybe as a test, you could do the whole car but not half of one door. Take a digital pic, then do the rest of the door. That way we can see what it looks like on both sides of the door, one part with, one part without.
    Like they say, use a nice towel or microfiber towel to buff it up nice.
    Make sure you post the pics, (assuming you have a digital camera of course,)
    Oh, and I almost forgot, you don't have to call me 'sir', just john or 'hey you', I'll answer to just about anything, (I just discovered 'sir' is a derivation/short form of the name 'Caesar', so it's really quite an honor.)
    -John C.

My Cars
    beamer
    JohnZ3mc...Nicely put. I would be a little concerned as well. I found some before and after pics here topsecretwax.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=98&It emid=49 , this is one of their sites...it is actually a product that i was introduced to in a similar fashion at a gas station. They are doing some kind of support for the US wounded soldiers foundation with an FW1 wax. I have to agree that I was pretty impressed. I bought a can and will try to post some pics here as well.

As far as the emulsification is concerned, it seems as though my quest to research and try waterless car washes has lead me to believe that the lubrication (benefit of water) of these products is actually much more concentrated than water itself- which would make sense. And the actual emulsification is changing the properties of the dirt itself so it can really go either way I guess, especially if you aren't using enough of the product. However, even Meguiars and some of the big names are now doing these quickshine products that don't need water either so that definitely says something.

My Cars
    95 1jz m3
    fair warning it looks good at first but will destory the paint later. used it on my red e30 and i will admit it looked great but after a couple real washes the paint was dull and lifeless which i attribute to the FW1. I had to get a repaint to get my shinyness back

My Cars
    94 318i

Thumbs up RGSLABS makes it

they make it and DUDE this shi3t works on the spot"NoExcuses"i was approached again in a gas station, i own a 94 318 and i was like dude that isnt gonna work so i let the dude i was like what the hell where has this product been? so you be the judge its worth it man oh its called FW1 short for fastwax 1 racing formula

My Cars
    323is, hopefully NOT
    I have an entire box full of them, first wipe is clean, second wipe is wax. It has carnuba wax in it. Gets rid of the bug spots, hard water marks, everything. I swear by it,

Only problem is, it attracts alot of dust and pollen, nothing a quick wipe cant get rid of, but still. I usually wash the car first, dry it, then use this product. One time, keeps the car shiny for 2 weeks, even if it rains, all it takes a quick wipe.

When you see that a quick wipe isnt cleaning the car anymore, throw some more on . I been using it for a year now on 3 cars, once a month, i usually use one can for 2 cars, and i am so happy with it....

My Cars
    325CI

Buy FW1

Buy FW1 At
    http://www.buyfw1.com

Happy Waxing

My Cars
    M
    This 'wax' is shit.
    I've used it before on different cars and it doesn't hold up though weather at all. If you're just looking for something to make your car shine, this may do a decent job at it... But this will not offer any substantial protection.

Good luck... But this wax is a rip off. Not worth it. Don't bother using it.

My Cars
    323is, hopefully NOT
    Quote Originally Posted by itciai View Post
    This 'wax' is shit.
    I've used it before on different cars and it doesn't hold up though weather at all. If you're just looking for something to make your car shine, this may do a decent job at it... But this will not offer any substantial protection.

Good luck... But this wax is a rip off. Not worth it. Don't bother using it.
    Its carnuba wax....

My Cars
    N/A
    I wouldn't use it, if, like some people said, it doesn't protect the paint of your car. Look for the longterm, not what looks good on the short term

My Cars
    M
    Quote Originally Posted by MojoMika View Post
    I wouldn't use it, if, like some people said, it doesn't protect the paint of your car. Look for the longterm, not what looks good on the short term
    +1.
    I don't care if it is carnauba wax, it's shit.

My Cars
    97 Z3 1.9, 02 530i
    it could have .000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% carnauba in it and the call it carnauba wax.

My Cars
    2009 328i
    I wouldn't spray this stuff on my worst enemy's car. It's rubbish.

My Cars
    323is, hopefully NOT
    damn ya'll just broke my heart, all that rubbing on rubbing off for a year for no reason :'(

Guess it times time to move on to better stuff and grow up lol

My Cars
    2006 BMW 330i

RGS Labs waterless car cleaner

Bought my first BMW last week and I am very particular about detailing any vehicle I own.

I used help out a friend at his shop who makes magic happen with even the worst paint, I've learned A LOT from him but I too bought the RGS Labs waterless cleaner from a gas station stand.

I am old school and believe in carnauba wax after applying 3m Hand Glaze is the only way to go. I have to admit, I kind of like the RGS Labs, I had just washed my Bimmer and 2 hours later had bird sh*t on the hood...sprayed the RGS Labs on it and it handled it nicely. Keep in mind this product is a WATERLESS Car Wash in a bottle, this is not the end all be all of washing/waxing. I think it's great to throw it in the trunk with some microfiber towels in case you need to do a spot cleaning/touchup.

My Cars
    2002 M3, 2001 S2000
    So wierd that I found this thread. I just purchased some last week at a Shell station, but decided to read on it before ytrying it out on my wife's Black accord.

So for everyone that says they wouldn't use it, why not? Besides that its garbage and crap, etc. Why is this product garbage/crap? The spot he did on my car, esp the wheels, stayed clean for awhile. Can anyone say WHY this product is crap?

My Cars
    M

My Cars
    2001 325i Sedan
    I received three cans for Christmas this past year and only use it after a thorough wash & dry, which I do every two weeks. So far, I don't have any complaints. It's easy to use and keeps the finish looking good. It may very well offer little in the way of true protection the way other products do, but for those who say it 'ruins' the paint, I'd like to see some backup.

My Cars
    1995 m3
    It's crap!!! never used it....never will...and it's still crap!

My Cars
    2005 Cad

Fw1

It's ok to dust your car with it, I use it like the Mist & Wipe Meguiar's Detailer for fast touch-ups

Quote Originally Posted by gelb3 View Post
    It's crap!!! never used it....never will...and it's still crap!
    How do you know if you never used it?
    Last edited by Oferrrell; 07-29-2011 at 11:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    2001 Chevrolet 1500 4x4

FASTWAX is shittin on em'

Im in the top 4 producers for FW1 Fastwax, Yes its best for a quick rinse for all the heavy dirt, then use your Fastwax bc It offers a UV protection for everything you use it on. Some people want to knock it but havnt tried it.. I have people coming back that have been using this product only! It def. doesnt leave swirl marks on your car unless you use a dirty rag. It has more carnuaba in it then you think. Its a freakin car wash in a can! It washes & waxes with no soap or water, cleans the inside & the outside of your window & contains 0 alcohol so will not peel your tent, does chrome, and keeps break dust from setting as quick. It even takes the oxidation off of your headlights(yellow fog). YOU CAN USE THIS STUFF INSIDE YOUR HOUSE! ANY THING WITH A CLEAR COAT! (shower walls, sinks, toilets, mirrors, glass, stove tops, fridge.. EVERYTHING!) The Waterless Detail Systems(detail kit) is unlike armor all' detail kits because our General Purpose (GP3) it has no alcohol which heats up & cracks, Touchless Tire Shine(TS2) also, no alcohol.. no cracks, Carpet & Upholstry (CU4) will take out any set in stain out of your car, seats, capret @ home, & even clothes. I have so many people in car shows & competitions that buy only from me.. just sayin.. FW1 is a great product period.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast