Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread: swap stock sound with Audi Bose system

frosty3777 is offline Awaiting Email Verification
    My Cars
    e36

swap stock sound with Audi Bose system

My buddy has a 97 a4 with the bose sound system. He replaced everything and now has all the speakers lying around his house. I unfortunately haven't heard his car with the bose system, but on my dads 05 A8, I have never heard even an aftermarket system be soooo clear. I am wondering if the a4 system is the same. I plan on using all his speakers, my aftermarket deck, and run the speakers directly to an aftermarket amp. How should it sound. Should i do it or should i just buy other speakers.
    THanks
    Sam

My Cars
    1997 BMW 328is, 1992 Isuzu Rodeo XS
    personally i'd just by new speakers. factory speakers, even if bose, aren't meant to be amplified by anything other than what came with them. plus, bose systems are a pain in the ass anyway, their ohm load per speaker is different than any other speaker out there.

i can almost GUARANTEE that your speakers won't sound as good as the 2005 audi system. remember, the new ones are like 8 years newer, there have been some major technological advances since then.

but hey, if you have time, hook them up, see how they sound, if ya like em, then keep em.
    Alpine IVA-D300 * JL Audio VR6 Components * 12' Alpine Type R Subwoofer * Alpine MRP-F240 4 Channel Amplifier * Alpine MRD-M301 Mono Amplifier * Sirius Satellite Radio * Optima Yellow Top Battery * Bilstein Shocks * H&R Race Springs * 18 Inch OE Creations E46 M3 Replicas * Kumho MX 225/40/18 Tires * 5% Window Tint * UUC Shortshifter * more to come.....

My Cars
    m3

Bose Blose

You do NOT want to use ANYTHING from a Blose setup.

They use very cheap speakers, then their tiny little amps have special EQ for each driver, and somehow they make it so the system sounds great to the general public (that is, people who know nothing about what really sounds good).

My Cars
    92 325is, 01 Yamaha R1, 01 Audi A4 (wife's)
    Please PM me if your friend is willing to sell the Audi BOSE system. It would be a good upgrade in my wife's A4. I'm also located in the Bay Area.

Thanks

My Cars
    1997 BMW 328is, 1992 Isuzu Rodeo XS
    i wouldn't really consider a bose system an "upgrade". you're begging for problems man. you can get better speakers for the same price or less. what's in her car right now??
    Alpine IVA-D300 * JL Audio VR6 Components * 12' Alpine Type R Subwoofer * Alpine MRP-F240 4 Channel Amplifier * Alpine MRD-M301 Mono Amplifier * Sirius Satellite Radio * Optima Yellow Top Battery * Bilstein Shocks * H&R Race Springs * 18 Inch OE Creations E46 M3 Replicas * Kumho MX 225/40/18 Tires * 5% Window Tint * UUC Shortshifter * more to come.....

My Cars
    92 325is, 01 Yamaha R1, 01 Audi A4 (wife's)
    Just the stock Symphony non-BOSE Audi system. Only lookig for the amp and speakers, the head unit is the same in the non-BOSE and the BOSE. I'd only go w/ it if it was at a really good price.

frosty3777 is offline Awaiting Email Verification
    My Cars
    e36
    I'm gonna give it a shot. My friend said they sounded like $hit in his car, but then again, he's real anal about everything. I'm not gonna sell them, if i don't use them, they'll go back to my boy.