My Cars
    BMW E36 318I

Exclamation How To Reset Oil Change Service Light

do you guys know, how can i reset the oil service light on a 2002 X5
    thanks!

My Cars
    02 X5 4.4 Sport Package
    Get in vehicle before turning key to 1st position press in & hold odometor reset button while holding in turn key to position 1 after a few seconds reset will appear on screen release & push in again it will ask you if you would like to reset press again & wallah...I will not work if the counter is not in the yellow....& oil is not ready to be changed...

My Cars
    M3,civic SI, MGBGT
    Wow that's easier than jumpering the terminals inside a plug in the engine bay like I had to do on my M3.

00 SC'd CivicSI 12.5@110
    98 M3 14.1@97
    71 MGB GT slow(For Sale)
    94 RX7 10.6@140 on street tires

My Cars
    335i
    Quote Originally Posted by autodude View Post
    Get in vehicle before turning key to 1st position press in & hold odometor reset button while holding in turn key to position 1 after a few seconds reset will appear on screen release & push in again it will ask you if you would like to reset press again & wallah...I will not work if the counter is not in the yellow....& oil is not ready to be changed...
    I tried this on my 2001 X5.... I can get to the reset question but when I press again the display goes away and when I check the service oil light bar is still in the yellow.

Any ideas how to reset the light?